Author Topic: Trying to be antiracist-racist is still racist  (Read 778 times)

Blakenzy

• friend
Trying to be antiracist-racist is still racist
« on: July 21, 2020, 09:10:34 AM »
Is it just my silly notions or is "good racism" off the rails?

It seems that more than ever extreme emphasis is being placed on color of skin as THE defining characteristic of a human being. In every article I come across that tries to address equality, or justice, or whatever, skin color is placed foremost as a leading piece of information. Isn't making a big fuss about skin color and treating people according to your perception of their melanocytic load racist in and of itself?

Take this as an example:
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/population-care/7-ways-improve-black-health-mind-and-body

Black health? Seriously? Well, looking forward to opinions concerning white, yellow, brown and red health;/

If you start segregating people in your language, you are going to start doing it in your mind and eventually the real world too. I wouldn't be surprised if all this ends up with segregated lines to enter businesses, segregated courts, segregated schools. People have got to stop talking about race.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Trying to be antiracist-racist is still racist
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 09:30:34 AM »
People have got to stop talking about race.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 12:15:12 PM »
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Maybe that was just a dream after all.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 01:28:37 PM »
I see the term "anti-racist" coming up a lot lately. It turns out that, much like anti-fascist is left-speak for fascist, anti-racist is left-speak for racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife