Author Topic: Looks like Nick Sandman just won round 2...  (Read 3774 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: Looks like Nick Sandman just won round 2...
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »
CNN hasn't had ethics in years so his job is safe.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 01:42:12 PM »
How about if we go on what Mr. Sandman himself said
His statements have been pretty vague. They probably have to be as part of the settlement (see Stelter being in hot water).
The statement from his attorney was, if anything, rather conciliatory:
"Nicholas Sandmann agreed to settle with the Post because the Post was quick to publish the whole truth—through its follow-up coverage and editor's notes," Sandmann's attorney, Todd McMurtry, said in an email. "The terms of the settlement are confidential"

It's pretty clear from his statement the other day that he considers it to be a victory, so who are we to say that it was NOT a victory for him?
No one here has said it was NOT a victory, I just think declaring it went one way or the other without knowing any of the details is foolish.
Calling the Washington Post "his BI***" would be a lot more convincing if he had received a public apology or significant amount of money or both.

Melania Trump settled for $3 million and a public apology after the Daily Mail insinuated she was a prostitute, if Sandmann had gotten that there would be no question it was a win.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2020, 03:05:32 PM »
That is the level of settlement I assumed.  It is enough to give him a little and pay the lawyers to pursue the other defendants.  If they all settle for money like that, he is still comes out good. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2020, 04:54:40 PM »
No one here has said it was NOT a victory
That is pretty standard I would assume but without any more info (like $$) how do we know who "won"?
???

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2020, 05:05:18 PM »
???

Do you think those two posts contradict each other?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2020, 10:03:03 AM »
Do you think those two posts contradict each other?
Are you saying you weren't trying to downplay this as a non-victory for Nick?

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »
Are you saying you weren't trying to downplay this as a non-victory for Nick?
I'm saying (again) that we don't have enough information to know if this settlement was a victory or a non-victory or anything else.
I just think declaring it went one way or the other without knowing any of the details is foolish.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2020, 11:33:25 AM »
I'm saying (again) that we don't have enough information to know if this settlement was a victory or a non-victory or anything else.
At minimum it was a PR victory.  It may well have been a financial victory as well, but as you say we don't know that.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2020, 08:30:52 PM »
 L. Lin Wood PC ... http://www.linwoodlaw.com/ 

"Since undertaking the representation of Richard Jewell, the security guard falsely accused of the 1996 bombing of Centennial Olympic Park, L. Lin Wood, P.C. has served as the nation’s go-to law firm for aggressively representing plaintiffs in defamation matters against media and other defendants. Our firm has handled some of the nation’s highest-profile defamation cases. There is no First Amendment lawyer more respected and feared than L. Lin Wood, described by former CBS anchor Dan Rather as “The Attorney for the Damned.”"

"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2020, 11:41:20 PM »

Then you are being purposefully obtuse.

As usual.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »
Then you are being purposefully obtuse.

As usual.

I don't think you have enough information to know whether my supposed obtusity is purposeful, intentional, or natural.  ;)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2020, 12:17:06 PM »
I don't think you have enough information to know whether my supposed obtusity is purposeful, intentional, or natural.  ;)
I am assuming natural until I see better information.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2020, 01:57:02 PM »
I vote institutional.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »
Good God, they're still pushing the narrative on this.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1298430712681345025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

‘What I understood that day was returning hate with love’ — Native American activist Nathan Phillips is sharing the story behind his now-infamous confrontation with Covington High School student Nicholas Sandmann, who secured a speaking slot at the 2020 RNC pic.twitter.com/hVAgdzM5HI

— NowThis (@nowthisnews) August 26, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/25/nowthis-counters-nick-sandmanns-rnc-speech-with-a-video-about-nathan-philips-returning-hate-with-love/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »
Of course they're pushing it.

You repeat a lie often enough and people start to believe it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2020, 08:51:26 AM »
Sounds like CNN wants to give the kid a pay raise.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnns-joe-lockhart-attacks-sandmann-as-snot-nose-entitled-kid-following-networks-defamation-suit

Can still remember when CNN was actually respected. That was a long long time ago.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2020, 01:36:20 PM »
I think I just heard the sound of a bunch of SJWs choking on their herbal tea

Nicholas Sandmann hired by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s campaign team
https://www.wave3.com/2020/08/29/nicholas-sandmann-hired-by-senate-majority-leader-mitch-mcconnells-campaign-team/
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2020, 08:53:53 PM »
I hope that the Rittenhouse deal is that once his lawyer is done with the criminal trial he gets to make his money on the civil side. The media needs the Sandmann treatment until it gets tired or goes broke. Example, NPR I listened to reported him "firing into the crowd."
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2020, 10:04:30 PM »
Example, NPR I listened to reported him "firing into the crowd."

Yes, I've seen that from several "news" organizations. They're all making him sound like the Las Vegas shooter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."