Author Topic: Remington Files for Bankruptcy  (Read 5570 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Remington Files for Bankruptcy
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2022, 01:53:21 PM »
This is outrageous. I almost kinda want to now see auto manufacturers sued for accidents and drunk drivers, just because it would take a ginormous industry like that to fight back with an army of lawyers.

This is absolutely a dangerous precedent in a free society.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2022, 02:20:35 PM »
Lawsuits like this are a violation of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

Shame on the judges for not throwing it out.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2022, 04:42:10 PM »
Lawsuits like this are a violation of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.

Shame on the judges for not throwing it out.

I seem to think that a lot in the last 10 years. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2023, 10:03:27 AM »
Remington closing almost 200 year old NY factory

A gun factory in upstate New York with a history stretching back to the 19th century is scheduled to close in March, according to a letter from the company to union officials.

RemArms, the current version of Remington Arms, will close its facility in the Mohawk Valley village of Ilion around March 4, according to the letter sent Thursday. The letter said the company "did not arrive at this decision lightly,” according to the Observer-Dispatch of Utica.

The plant currently employs about 270 workers, according to union officials.

Remington, the country’s oldest gun maker, began making flintlock rifles in the region in 1816. The factory site in the village dates to 1828, with many of the current buildings constructed early in the 20th century.

Remington gun factory in operation for nearly 200 years is set to close
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/gun-factory-upstate-new-york-roots-19th-century-105330722

End of an Era: Remington's New York Plant Shutting Down
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/12/04/remingtons-new-york-n77990
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2023, 10:23:22 AM »
Sad, but I'm guessing New York State's political and regulatory environment played a key role.

We have friends who have family in New York City. They've visited several times so they're somewhat familiar. They went a couple months ago and said the business environment was bad, an unexpected number of closed storefronts and boarded up shops.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB