Author Topic: Protest & Response - Getting Sporty in Austin, TX  (Read 2672 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Protest & Response - Getting Sporty in Austin, TX
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2020, 04:25:13 PM »
Someone I know a little on facebook posted this.  He is from up North and I think did not know about it.  He is a liberal, but didn't comment on it other than to ask why it happened.  Pretty biased description.  Makes it look like a drive by shooting.  Passed on a link and basic description of events. 

He was a traitor to his oath of enlistment.  Eff him and eff anyone who tries to fete him.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »
Are they trying to gaslight us here?  Everything I read has been about a girlfriend or fiance.  Now he's been posthumously promoted to Husband?

What uniform is that?  Guard?

Air Force.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »
I did a search on Garrett Foster.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/garrett-foster/

In the video, Foster says he has an AK-47.

“They don’t let us march in the streets anymore, so I’ve gotta practice some of our rights,” he says.

When asked if he is going to use it, he says no.

“Nah… If I use it against the cops, I’m dead. I think all the people that hate us and want to say s*** to us are too big of pussies to stop and actually do anything about it.”

So much for theory.

If they don't let you march in the streets any more, how is it that your group was blocking the street?

He says he started carrying after his roommate was arrested.

“Well, my roommate got arrested and they stopped letting us march anywhere, so I started carrying.”

??? Huh? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ... but I don't suppose it matters now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2020, 09:30:12 PM »
We have too many guns

Austin’s Mayor: Saturday’s Shooting Shows We Have Too Many Guns in Austin
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/austins-mayor-we-have-too-many-guns-in-austin/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
We have too many guns

Austin’s Mayor: Saturday’s Shooting Shows We Have Too Many Guns in Austin
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/austins-mayor-we-have-too-many-guns-in-austin/

I saw that. Typical liberal knee-jerk reaction ... blame it on the gun(s), not the people who made stupid decisions.

I'm trying to figure out who I should feel a shred of sympathy for here ... if anyone. The young woman has lost her soulmate and caregiver. That's got to be tough on her. That said, if the dude was going to these demonstrations because she wanted to go, then to at least some extent she needs to live with the fact that she helped get her man killed. On the other hand, if he was the primary instigator behind their going out and protesting, then he's a candidate for a Darwin award, and he is responsible for leaving his significant other bereft of her caregiver.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward sympathy for the guy in the car. That may change as more facts come to light ... but I doubt it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2020, 12:01:09 AM »
But among the possibilities is that in this tragic case, under our gun and self-defense laws, we had two law-abiding citizens, availing themselves of their rights, who had the legal right to attempt to kill each other.

Wait, what?

Herman: Austin Shooting May Have Involved Two Law-Abiding People With the Legal Right to Attempt to Kill Each Other
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/herman-austin-shooting-may-have-involved-two-law-abiding-people-with-the-legal-right-to-attempt-to-kill-each-other/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes