Author Topic: Kudo's to my nephew  (Read 799 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Kudo's to my nephew
« on: August 10, 2020, 09:33:33 AM »
A little good news to start the day.

My nephew graduated college this weekend. Texas Tech. He's spent the entire time in angst. "I don't know if I'm going to make it, Uncle Brad. I guess I better be looking at something else in case." Yeah, right. The little turd graduated Summa Cum Laude ... from a dual-degree program ... which he finished in only three years. No namby pamby, Advanced Basket Weaving, walk-in-the-park program, either. Ag Eco and Ag Business, Bachelor of Science in both.

Starts his Master's program next week. Ag & Applied Economics. If his advisors will let him, he has it mapped out to finish in a year and a half.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Kudo's to my nephew
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 09:36:40 AM »
Good Deal!

He's got a degree where "Do you want fries with that?" should never need to be part of his repertoire.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »
Cool, hope for the future!
He could always get a good paying job and then go back for the minority gender studies degree later.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 09:49:14 AM »
Congratulations to him!!!  That is a lot of hard work!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 09:51:36 AM »
Cool, hope for the future!
He could always get a good paying job and then go back for the minority gender studies degree later.
Nah - Medieval French Poetry is where it's at.

Seriously, good for him. Whenever I see a newspaper story about college graduates unable to find work, invariably their degrees are in things like theater arts, ethnic studies, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 01:32:39 PM »
Great news.  I needed that this morning.  Congratulations !
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 02:06:38 PM »
Wow, Masters program... is he sure he's going to make it?  :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »
A kid that earnest would do well in just about anything.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 06:12:45 PM »
A kid that earnest would do well in just about anything.

He's not a kid, the way I understand childish behavior nowadays.  As one of my Jewish friends used to say, "Er ist ein mensch," where "mensch" meant more than just having hair in your armpits.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
Well done to your nephew.

That man is going places.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.