Author Topic: Live feed of protests from kenosha  (Read 11966 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Live feed of protests from kenosha
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2020, 05:53:59 PM »
So in the court of social media, the kid has been deemed a "mass murderer".

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/facebook-kenosha-guard-militia-vigilantes-kyle-rittenhouse

From the article, Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth apparently doesn't like an armed citizenry:

‘Oh, hell no’," Beth said. “They are a liability to me and the county.”
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2020, 05:59:26 PM »
From the article, Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth apparently doesn't like an armed citizenry:

So does that mean he doesn't like the both the "militia" and the protesters or just the "militia"?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2020, 06:07:05 PM »
    GRAPHIC: A friend of the man who rushed at the #Kenosha teen with a pistol and was shot in the arm has posted an update about his status. Doctors were able to save Gaige Grosskreutz's right arm. The friend says Gaige regrets not being able to kill the teen. pic.twitter.com/2gJmnnroTF

— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) August 27, 2020
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/27/friend-of-man-shot-in-arm-in-kenosha-says-his-only-regret-was-not-killing-the-kid-and-emptying-the-entire-mag-into-him/

1. I'm sure the tax payers will be paying for a butt load of surgery
2. The underlined, $%#@!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2020, 06:34:40 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/27/friend-of-man-shot-in-arm-in-kenosha-says-his-only-regret-was-not-killing-the-kid-and-emptying-the-entire-mag-into-him/

1. I'm sure the tax payers will be paying for a butt load of surgery
2. The underlined, $%#@!

This guy was the felon with a gun, no? Is he under arrest yet?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »
After seeing how the media created a narrative for the actions of various people from Richard Jewell through George Zimmerman and Nick Sandman, I'm going to wait awhile before I decide what to think about this 17 year old's actions in Kenosha.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2020, 06:43:23 PM »
This guy was the felon with a gun, no? Is he under arrest yet?

He's the hero who helped saved countless peaceful BLM protesters for justice lives from the rampaging mass murdering Trump supporting white nationalist. Expect him on Oprah soon, winning the Nobel Peace Prize, appointed as a science advisor to the global warming committee, and having beers with Obama Harris in the Rose Garden. Hollywood already has his life story movie in the works.

Where's that asteroid?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2020, 06:50:04 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2020, 07:23:38 PM »
In my 31st year of teaching and I pride myself on teaching how to think, not what to think.  Please don't gloss the profession with such a flawed broad brush

Must you get defensive every time someone complains about our broken education system? No one is attacking you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »
Must you get defensive every time someone complains about our broken education system? No one is attacking you.

In this forum we do not judge all LEO's for the actions of some, do we?  But it is acceptable to do that to educators?  So yes, I will take offense to that remark

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2020, 07:36:15 PM »

In this forum we do not judge all LEO's for the actions of some, do we?  But it is acceptable to do that to educators?  So yes, I will take offense to that remark

What remark? Where is anyone saying that kind of thing on APS?

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2020, 07:40:17 PM »
What remark? Where is anyone saying that kind of thing on APS?

"a time when parents were actually parents and teachers were teachers and not indoctrinators."

"Legally, I don't know if the teachers are allowed to do that if they wanted to."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2020, 07:46:29 PM »
In this forum we do not judge all LEO's for the actions of some, do we?
Plenty do.
I like being able to judge bad cops and teachers and praise good ones, and I’ve seen good and bad of both.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2020, 07:55:15 PM »
"a time when parents were actually parents and teachers were teachers and not indoctrinators."

"Legally, I don't know if the teachers are allowed to do that if they wanted to."

Okay how about
 mostly not indoctrinators

Better?

But I would have to say from my actual experiences you are the exception to the rule now. I have to say your probably one of the last.
This includes having worked at a university for some time and just having a daughter finish public school where I had to fight them trying to turn her into a good little USA hating communist.

If you were insulted by my comment I apologize. Maybe sometimes I do paint with too broad of a brush.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:23 PM »

The second one couldn't possibly be a slam on teachers, because it's talking about what teachers are allowed to do.

The first one comes pretty far short of judging all teachers.

As I said, no one is attacking you.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »
Apparently several versions of 1st degree murder charges for the teen requiring premeditation. I think that will be hard to prove. Also apparently Lin Wood is his attorney, I’m not sure he has a lot of experience in the space of Self Defense, but I bet he will have associates who do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »

He was speaking to a suggestion that he deputize a bunch of people with guns to supplement his police officers. I have to agree with him. Bringing in a bunch of unknown people, with unknown weapons, unknown abilities, and zero training with the regular police officers would almost certainly be a huge liability issue for the county.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2020, 09:08:51 PM »
He's the hero who helped saved countless peaceful BLM protesters for justice lives from the rampaging mass murdering Trump supporting white nationalist. Expect him on Oprah soon, winning the Nobel Peace Prize, appointed as a science advisor to the global warming committee, and having beers with Obama Harris in the Rose Garden. Hollywood already has his life story movie in the works.

Where's that asteroid?

You left out a date with Greta.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2020, 09:11:20 PM »

In this forum we do not judge all LEO's for the actions of some, do we?  But it is acceptable to do that to educators?  So yes, I will take offense to that remark

You need to grow a thicker skin. Unfortunately, the saying about lawyers applies equally to public school teachers today: "97.6 percent of ______ today give the rest a bad name."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »
You left out a date with Greta.

The pedophile had 5.56 open head surgery IIRC
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2020, 01:39:25 AM »
The left is trying to make Kyle out to be a white-supremacist terrorist and the dead and wounded men into saints.

Despite there being no proof that Kyle is anything other than a normal conservative kid and the three that were shot are all felons convicted of various violent acts.

Lying is just so normal to them that despite the existence of evidence that proves them wrong, they still go forward with their propaganda.

And that's because they know their followers are stupid enough to go along.

But they lose thinking Ds and lefities the more they do this and it will cost them in November.

So, please, I implore them, do continue along this path. 

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2020, 06:10:23 AM »
The left is trying to make Kyle out to be a white-supremacist terrorist and the dead and wounded men into saints.

Despite there being no proof that Kyle is anything other than a normal conservative kid and the three that were shot are all felons convicted of various violent acts.

Lying is just so normal to them that despite the existence of evidence that proves them wrong, they still go forward with their propaganda.

And that's because they know their followers are stupid enough to go along.

But they lose thinking Ds and lefities the more they do this and it will cost them in November.

So, please, I implore them, do continue along this path. 

It fits in line with their beliefs that rioting and terrorism is more than acceptable, even expected now, to further the cause. What has been lurking beneath the surface for a while and had been forgotten by the general public after the leftist terrorism of the 60s and 70s is now back in the forefront.

And, even better for our side, is the widespread alternatives that the internet provides in contradiction to the propaganda spewing mainstream media. Imagine if you had to rely on the media reports portraying the “victims” with the flowery descriptions they are trying so desperately to push, never mentioning a word about what they were doing or their past, you’d think for sure Kyle was a murderer and the possibility of self defense would never have crossed your mind.

They done *expletive deleted*ed up and they don’t know it.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2020, 08:01:00 AM »
https://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2020/08/exporting-rioters.html

Local blogger posted that a local bus company had six luxury motor coaches deliver protestors from Chicago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2020, 09:31:39 AM »

Local blogger posted that a local bus company had six luxury motor coaches deliver protestors from Chicago.

But, but, crossing State lines!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »

Ooh! Fresh targets!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2020, 10:37:49 AM »

The second quote was mine.  I was referring to the ability of teachers/schools to discipline students without getting sued or the fear of lawsuits, not necessarily about what was being taught.  Since the subject was brought up about civilizing kids if the parents do not do it.  That sounded like a comment on discipline that I have heard from my own parents. 

I think it is great that you are teaching students to think.  Given some of what we hear, I worry that doesn't happen much anymore.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge