Author Topic: Live feed of protests from kenosha  (Read 11940 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Live feed of protests from kenosha
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2020, 04:46:34 PM »
Also... when blacks are committing drive by's and B&E's in their teen years and their moms come out of the woodwork about their angelic boys, we're quick to label them as adults and ascribe full culpability to their decisions.

Why are you so eager to take this young man's ownership of his own actions away from him?

Apples and oranges

One group is trying to cause mayhem the other stop it. The two require two totally different approaches. While often similar physically they're often totally different mentally
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2020, 04:54:23 PM »
Apples and oranges

One group is trying to cause mayhem the other stop it. The two require two totally different approaches. While often similar physically they're often totally different mentally

By that argument, this 17 year old is far more mature than the inner city hoodlums.  That makes the moms' arguments that their sons dindoonuffin more valid, and treating them like children more logical.  And treating this 17 year old as an adult also more logical.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2020, 05:02:01 PM »
By that argument, this 17 year old is far more mature than the inner city hoodlums.  That makes the moms' arguments that their sons dindoonuffin more valid, and treating them like children more logical.  And treating this 17 year old as an adult also more logical.

How did I think he may have been in over his head lead to an argument over values, morals, and sense of responsibly or lack there of and bad parenting?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2020, 05:03:29 PM »
He's a scant few months away from being able to kill at the State's whim as part of its Armed Forces though.

Is it somehow wrong for him to kill in defense of his own idealism, but right if given absolution by the State's grace?

Howard Fast's April Morning comes to mind, the main character in that novel is 15.

He's 17 so he is already old enough.  I joined the Marines as a 17 year old high school graduate.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2020, 05:06:40 PM »
He's 17 so he is already old enough.  I joined the Marines as a 17 year old high school graduate.

And went straight to training and had command looking over you or did they just hand you a gun and say go hit the beach?

A 50 year old could be in over his head if he's not properly mentally prepared. Age has nothing to do with it. When did I bring up age?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2020, 05:31:07 PM »
I need to heck my popcorn supply for tonight's rioting.
 [popcorn]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »
We expect our police to have at at least some training in handling situations like this don't we? Don't we criticize them when they don't have proper training? At the very least to know how to to react. How much preparation did this kid have?

I'm not saying he's at fault I'm just saying, actually asking, if his, i guess you could say inexperience, factored into this? Could a more experienced/trained person defused the situation? As i said I don't know. I DON'T KNOW
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2020, 05:48:35 PM »
I need to heck my popcorn supply for tonight's rioting peaceful, harmonious, protests for justice .
 [popcorn]

FIFY
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2020, 05:52:48 PM »

I'm not saying he's at fault I'm just saying, actually asking, if his, i guess you could say inexperience, factored into this? Could a more experienced/trained person defused the situation? As i said I don't know. I DON'T KNOW

The kid's fault was in being there at all. I haven't been able to figure out who started what against whom but one thing seems clear -- if this kid had stayed home in Antioch, IL, he wouldn't now be in jail facing multiple felony charges. The problem is (IMHO), too many of these protesters don't quite understand that life isn't a video game. You don't get resets, you don't get do-overs, and your actions have consequences.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 08:36:04 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2020, 05:55:09 PM »
The kid's fault was in being there at all. I haven't been able to figure out who started what against whom but one thing seems clear -- if this kid had stayed home in Antioch, IL, he wouldn't now be in jail facing multiple felony charges. The problem is (IMHO), too may of these protesters don't quite understand that life isn't a video game. You don't get resets, you don't get do-overs, and your actions have consequences.

You don't get new arms
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2020, 05:58:33 PM »
You don't get new arms

Well then maybe don't assault someone that's has a rifle and is trying to run away.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »
Speaking of arms.
Someone posted on another forum that Arm Man, the one with the handgun and is now more than likely missing an arm (I don't know how heck that could be repaired, is a convicted felon and that's it was illegal for him to process a gun.

Someone also said people have been photoshopping out the gun on some sites.

BOTH ARE UNCONFIRMED BY ME
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »
Does anyone know if either IL or WI have an age 18 limit for rifles?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2020, 06:22:14 PM »
And went straight to training and had command looking over you or did they just hand you a gun and say go hit the beach?

A 50 year old could be in over his head if he's not properly mentally prepared. Age has nothing to do with it. When did I bring up age?

My post was in reply to AZRedhawk's post about him being a few months away from being able to enlist in the service.  That kid being eligible at 17 was my point.  It had nothing to do with you or your post.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2020, 06:32:54 PM »
Someone stitched all the video together.

https://streamable.com/amp_player/dnero4?__twitter_impression=true

If he was a resident/business owner protecting his own property I’d really be leaning toward clear self defense. Being underage from out of town he is going to have a hard legal battle and may still be convicted of some crimes, but the current charges I’m seeing proposed may be overcharging.

There is still some question I suppose as to what started them chasing him in the first place. He was running and being threatened the entire time though and endured several assaults or attempted assaults.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2020, 06:34:02 PM »
My post was in reply to AZRedhawk's post about him being a few months away from being able to enlist in the service.  That kid being eligible at 17 was my point.  It had nothing to do with you or your post.

Got it
Nevvver  Mind
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
Someone stitched all the video together.

https://streamable.com/amp_player/dnero4?__twitter_impression=true

If he was a resident/business owner protecting his own property I’d really be leaning toward clear self defense. Being underage from out of town he is going to have a hard legal battle and may still be convicted of some crimes, but the current charges I’m seeing proposed may be overcharging.

There is still some question I suppose as to what started them chasing him in the first place. He was running and being threatened the entire time though and endured several assaults or attempted assaults.

I feel they're way overcharging in an attempt to appease the masses for the moment. Later when things calm down maybe, hopefully, they'll drop most of them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2020, 06:41:30 PM »
I feel they're way overcharging in an attempt to appease the masses for the moment. Later when things calm down maybe, hopefully, they'll drop most of them.

Hopefully for his sake. I don’t have a ton of sympathy for the Antifa/BLM crowd, but I’d rather no one was killed or injured. I think you hav to accept that may happen if you engage in rioting, assault, arson, etc.

He should have just stayed away though. He made his bed too by going there. It’s entirely different when the rioters come to you vs going to them.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
Well then maybe don't assault someone that's has a rifle and is trying to run away.

You were close.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2020, 07:38:05 PM »
Looking back on some images from the LA riots that popped up on my social media feeds today another thing stands out.  Rooftop Koreans had the high ground, and a defensible position.  This kid was trying to do the Mogadishu Mile.  Not a great position to be in.

*Note, I'm not blaming the kid, he may have done his best with the hand he was dealt and he's probably right *expletive deleted*ed at this point., but we can all learn from others mistakes.  Don't be in a riot.  If you accidentally find yourself in a riot, don't be singled out to be easy prey for the mob.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2020, 07:38:46 PM »
Does anyone know if either IL or WI have an age 18 limit for rifles?

Underage in IL have to have a parent sign off on the FOID.  That's all the limit I'm aware of.  Can't buy one, of course.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2020, 08:19:14 PM »
You're all missing the real take-away here, which is the same as in the McCloskey Moment. That is, if you don't want private citizens confronting rioters (or protestors) with rifles, then how 'bout we fund the police?

(Guess what those "protestors" in St. Louis were on about that day?)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
Shooter is saying he was a militia member.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/08/26/17-year-old-charged-with-first-degree-murder-after-fatal-shooting-in-kenosha-tuesday-night/

Dana Loesch linked to a video analysis with different angles than I've seen so far:

https://youtu.be/rdMTghlrFiw
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »
Never bring a skateboard to a gunfight
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2020, 08:38:31 PM »
Dana Loesch linked to a video analysis with different angles than I've seen so far:

https://youtu.be/rdMTghlrFiw

That didn't last long. YouTube has taken it down already. It must not fit the narrative.