Author Topic: Cultural Suicide Is Painless  (Read 792 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Cultural Suicide Is Painless
« on: September 01, 2020, 07:25:30 AM »
Another great article by VDH
The story of all Dark Ages is that when civilizations finally prefer suicide, they do it easily, and the remnants flock to the countryside to preserve what they can—allowing the cities go on with their ritual self-destruction.

Not only escaping the cities but the suburbs also.

To survive, all groups will self-identify, at first quietly, but eventually unapologetically. Some will form alliances of self-preservation, others will war with each other. Tribal gangs, as they already do now in our streets of fire and looting, will assume they are exempt from consequences; and so will their antitheses of vigilantes who band together to guard their stores in the absence of a defunded police.

I know I've ruffled feathers here in the past with my talk of tribalism. You don't have to come to tribalism, tribalism will come for you.

Depressing but good read

https://amgreatness.com/2020/08/30/cultural-suicide-is-painless/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Cultural Suicide Is Painless
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 09:27:14 AM »
Another great article by VDH
Not only escaping the cities but the suburbs also.

I know I've ruffled feathers here in the past with my talk of tribalism. You don't have to come to tribalism, tribalism will come for you.

Depressing but good read

https://amgreatness.com/2020/08/30/cultural-suicide-is-painless/

Victor Davis Hanson is one of the smartest people alive today.

"Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it..." and those who do are doomed to watch the world repeat it because they are ignored and scoffed at.

It's no fun being a Cassandra.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »
I heard someone mention a book or something looking at past events.  It mentioned that sociopathic people join these groups partly for the opportunity to do bad stuff.  The bad stuff happens when a larger political group gives them cover for some political reason.  I think that is what we see happening.

What bothers me is 1) certain people seem determined to erode and erase any right to self defense and 2) they also want to use violence as a political tool.  The sociopaths committing crimes don't bother me quite as much.  I have ways to deal with them.  What bothers me are the people in the background setting this up, funding the politicians who turn a blind eye, providing transportation to bring the bad guys to town, providing bail and legal help to support them if arrested.  I don't know how to deal with those people or even find out who they are. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 11:02:41 AM »
I don't know how to deal with those people or even find out who they are.  

That's easy -- Google "George+Soros"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 08:19:23 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
Move to the country. Prepare to protect you and yours. Let the remainder fight it out among themselves and all you will have left to deal with will be whomever is the victor/survivor. [popcorn] They will be so depleted and tired that you might not even be challenged. When they regain resources and energy, some other group will likely arise from the ashes and challenge them. >:D

Sometimes, I believe the mountain men of yore had it right.  :old: (Now, where did I put that old tent and backpack...)

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 05:05:56 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sheriff-over-half-of-those-arrested-in-kenosha-riots-were-not-locals/
I was looking at the pictures and damage shown in this video.  I occurs to me that all that could have been stopped, but either people can't or they don't want to. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge