Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 33581 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
31% of blacks intend to vote for Trump?

If that holds up Trump will win in a landslide and the Dems are finished as a party.

Has a Republican ever broken out of single digits with that demographic?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2020, 01:00:02 PM »
Yes but my mind just went blank.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2020, 01:22:45 PM »

From the linked article:
In the last ten presidential election cycles the highest black vote share for a Republican was 12% for Bob Dole in 1996.

As far as that 31%  It'll be interesting to see.  That is 31% of "likely voters" as Rasmussen sees them.  If there is one takeaway from the various early voting turnouts it's that pollsters don't have a good grasp of "likely voter" this year.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2020, 02:12:22 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/926678395/the-latinx-vote-comes-of-age

Apparently Latinx voters are the hot new demographic to court.  Maybe someone who lives in Southern Cal or the Southwest has more insights on this.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2020, 02:43:13 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/926678395/the-latinx-vote-comes-of-age

Apparently Latinx voters are the hot new demographic to court.  Maybe someone who lives in Southern Cal or the Southwest has more insights on this.

Latinx is also a made up Woke term that most Latino/as have either never heard of or despise.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2020, 02:51:12 PM »
Latinx is also a made up Woke term that most Latino/as have either never heard of or despise.

QFT. I've seen that term set off an otherwise reasonable Latina. It was entertaining to watch.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
What is Latinx anyway? I have seen Latino and Latina: does the first refer only to males and the second only to females? And therefore Latinx covers both sexes?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
What is Latinx anyway? I have seen Latino and Latina: does the first refer only to males and the second only to females? And therefore Latinx covers both sexes?

As I understand it the SJW's don't know the difference between gendered nouns and gender.  Because they only speak English.  So while you can have Latinos and Latinas, there is Latino culture.  I'm not fluent in Spanish but I think it the adjective takes the gender of the noun it is describing in that case.

SJW's saw this and, of course, decided that meant it was all masculine and exclusionary and any male gendered form of the adjective needed to be neutered.  .26 seconds after that navel gazing it was extended to no-binary identifying people of Latin decent.  The virtue signaling started to spiral into a virtue signado (as stupid as a Sharknado, but more destructive) and it was decreed that henceforth all folks of Latin decent would be reffered to by the neutral to avoid The Hurt Feelz*.  Protestations that Spanish was a gendered language and this was stupid fell on deaf ears.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »
31% of blacks intend to vote for Trump?

If that holds up Trump will win in a landslide and the Dems are finished as a party.

I suspect you could shave about five points off that poll result and it would be more accurate.  Even so, that is still a huge number and bodes ill for Biden.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:39 PM »
As I understand it the SJW's don't know the difference between gendered nouns and gender.  Because they only speak English.  So while you can have Latinos and Latinas, there is Latino culture.  I'm not fluent in Spanish but I think it the adjective takes the gender of the noun it is describing in that case.

SJW's saw this and, of course, decided that meant it was all masculine and exclusionary and any male gendered form of the adjective needed to be neutered.  .26 seconds after that navel gazing it was extended to no-binary identifying people of Latin decent.  The virtue signaling started to spiral into a virtue signado (as stupid as a Sharknado, but more destructive) and it was decreed that henceforth all folks of Latin decent would be reffered to by the neutral to avoid The Hurt Feelz*.  Protestations that Spanish was a gendered language and this was stupid fell on deaf ears.

Obviously the poor ignorant brown people need liberal SJWs to educate them about their oppression.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2020, 10:01:05 PM »

If you say "latinks" (latinx) while speaking spanish in any spanish speaking country, you'll get strange looks and incomprehension.

Plurals of mixed gender objects take the masculine by default.  A mixed group of men and women when using a "they" pronoun is "ellos."  A mixed group of latinos and latinas defaults to latinos.

"Latinx" is an english word.  It has no relation to the spanish language.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2020, 10:38:08 PM »
As I understand it the SJW's don't know the difference between gendered nouns and gender.  Because they only speak English.  So while you can have Latinos and Latinas, there is Latino culture.  I'm not fluent in Spanish but I think it the adjective takes the gender of the noun it is describing in that case.

SJW's saw this and, of course, decided that meant it was all masculine and exclusionary and any male gendered form of the adjective needed to be neutered.  .26 seconds after that navel gazing it was extended to no-binary identifying people of Latin decent.  The virtue signaling started to spiral into a virtue signado (as stupid as a Sharknado, but more destructive) and it was decreed that henceforth all folks of Latin decent would be reffered to by the neutral to avoid The Hurt Feelz*.  Protestations that Spanish was a gendered language and this was stupid fell on deaf ears.

:rofl:

In humor there is truth.  In truth there is humor.

Best line:

".26 seconds after that navel gazing it was extended to no-binary identifying people of Latin decent."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2020, 11:13:44 PM »
Lil Wayne has endorsed Trump.

Now if Trump can just get Biig Wayne and Med'm-Sized Wayne on board that should put him over the top.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2020, 01:18:26 PM »
I hope no one is looking for results from PA too quickly.
At least two counties in the state will not begin counting mail-in ballots until the day after the election.

Election officials in Cumberland and Butler Counties, both of which are heavily Republican, say their staffs are simply too small to tally mail ballots while at the same time running Election Day operations.

My local clerk is starting the first shift processing mail in ballots when polls open on election day. I will be working in the second shift, 2-11pm, and the third shift goes until they are done.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 01:35:46 PM »
Lil Wayne has endorsed Trump.

Now if Trump can just get Biig Wayne and Med'm-Sized Wayne on board that should put him over the top.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2020, 10:31:10 AM »
The dam is starting to break.

ABC news reporting on Hunter and Joe.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1322376502403604480

Hopefully not too little too late.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2020, 11:10:00 AM »

Yes.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Victor David Hanson weighs in on the election.

https://thecritic.co.uk/why-victor-davis-hanson-thinks-trump-will-win/?fbclid=IwAR3ltPRtE-PNYDfu94_Ctv7khCTj5uHuX0dwSbFePYpHlJIyEAKLeI4_v9k

The most important thing is that most politicians in the Western world lie. And so when Donald Trump said, “I’m going to build a wall with Mexico, and I’m going to take on China, I’m going to bring jobs back to the deindustrialised Midwest, I’m going to avoid optional military engagements in the Middle East, I’m going to put my foot on the accelerator of gas and oil production, I’m going to get the most conservative judges you can imagine” everybody thought, you know, this is Manhattan real estate talk.

But then when he got in, not only did he start doing that, but the forces arrayed against him. And, I should note, they were bipartisan. I mean, we had, almost immediately, talk of articles of impeachment, and then there was a move to declare him crazy under the 25th amendment, than the Emoluments Clause, then the Logan Act, and then 22 months of the Mueller Russia hoax, and then the impeachment. So it showed you that there was a lot of opposition to him, because he kept his promises.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2020, 11:57:15 AM »
I hope V. D. Hanson is right.   He's one of the smarter talking-heads on the boob-toob.  

Atleast I can feel good about his prediction and rest better for three days until reality gobsmacks everyone in the face. :police:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
The dam is starting to break.

ABC news reporting on Hunter and Joe.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1322376502403604480

Hopefully not too little too late.

Too little, too early.  It's from last year.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
Too little, too early.  It's from last year.

Fake News!

:laugh:

They got me I guess.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #146 on: October 31, 2020, 01:15:05 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dYzKPrs7lk

96 miles is a long parade, especially out in the desert.

bedlamite

• friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2020, 10:31:47 AM »
Butler PA Trump rally yesterday, 57K people:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
Butler PA Trump rally yesterday, 57K people:

I wonder how many of those people replied to the polls that are all saying Biden is way ahead?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2020, 10:39:07 AM »
Still surprisingly few Biden signs here in the liberal shithole of Northern Virginia.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.