Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 33497 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #600 on: November 14, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
NPR has an article favorable to Biden Executive Orders to undo everything Trump has done.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/14/934656049/obama-white-house-veterans-urge-biden-to-embrace-executive-action

Of course if you google "npr trump executive orders" NPR articles are not favorable to using Executive Orders.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=npr+trump+executive+orders

My tax dollars should not be supporting these biased asswipes, yet dollars to donuts, millions more will be tossed their way over the next four years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #601 on: November 14, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »
I always thought highly of Condoleezza Rice.  I wonder if she would be interested in a position with the Biden administration.
:facepalm: Susan Rice.   Not Condoleeza.   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #602 on: November 14, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
You mean like Pizzagate and QAnon?
Yeah, totally unbelievable that powerful people might be involved in pedophilia, amirite?

But yes, those are the kinds of conspiracy theory that the left likes to dismiss.

Or the idea that voter fraud could possibly exist (except a couple of months ago when it was totally valid to worry about Trump using the USPS to suppress the vote, but now that your candidate won, any allegation of any voter fraud at all ever is a divisive conspiracy theory that fundamentally endangers the country).  Or the idea that Democrats might politicize their response to covid.  Anyone remember way back when people protesting lockdown were called terrorists, then people rioting to protest perceived police misdeeds were called heroic?  Or how Trump’s rallies were superspreader events, but celebrating Biden by partying in the street is to be lauded?

But completely unfounded panic about Trump playing Scarface with nuclear weapons ... totally reasonable concern.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #603 on: November 14, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
:facepalm: Susan Rice.   Not Condoleeza.   

Not to speak for Millcreek, but I'm pretty sure he did mean Condi, possibly as bipartisan outreach.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2020, 12:27:25 PM »
Not to speak for Millcreek, but I'm pretty sure he did mean Condi, possibly as bipartisan outreach.

Probably the sticky wicket for Condi is her concern that being gay will finally come out at any confirmation hearings.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2020, 04:33:36 PM »
Hillary Clinton says she is an Electoral College elector in New York

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/28/politics/hillary-clinton-electoral-college-elector/index.html

If Pres. Trump somehow manages to get enough of the fraudulent votes discounted* I think that with Clinton being an elector he would still have problems getting enough electoral votes.  I wouldn't put it past her to "chat" with the other electors and convince enough of them to vote against their peoples wishes to get Biden elected.

*I pray he has the strength, tenacity, and support to be able to win in the courts.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2020, 05:39:10 PM »
*I pray he has the strength, tenacity, and support to be able to win in the courts.

I just hope the courts can still be counted on to do the right thing. I'm not optimistic.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #607 on: November 15, 2020, 10:41:31 AM »
The President now begins to set the scene for his exit:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/15/donald-trump-joe-biden-won-tweet

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #608 on: November 15, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-updates-2020-election-results/2020/11/13/934610694/former-national-security-officials-worry-what-trump-could-do-in-iran-and-afghani

In the last days of the Nixon administration SecDef Schlesinger gave orders to the military to check with him or SecState Kissinger if President Nixon gave a nuclear launch order.  https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/08/11/donald-trump-nuclear-weapons-richard-nixon-215478

So let us hope that President Trump does not go out with a bang.

You just can't wait to get going on the great reset can you?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #609 on: November 15, 2020, 11:36:28 AM »
I remember way back when we were worried about Trump nuking the world to stay in power.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #610 on: November 15, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA. I concede NOTHING! We have a long way to go. This was a RIGGED ELECTION!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #611 on: November 15, 2020, 01:41:10 PM »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
He only won in the eyes of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA. I concede NOTHING! We have a long way to go. This was a RIGGED ELECTION!

He's not wrong.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #612 on: November 15, 2020, 01:42:28 PM »
You just can't wait to get going on the great reset can you?

Staggers the mind.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #613 on: November 15, 2020, 01:46:42 PM »
I concede NOTHING!
But did Joe Biden call 'No take backs'? It makes all the difference.
Also, does the 'whoever smelt it, dealt it' doctrine apply to fake news?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #614 on: November 15, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »
 ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 03:07:40 PM by Ron »

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #615 on: November 16, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
While there has been a lot of focus on urban centers lately because of the fraud allegations, it's looking like Biden's total vote count in a lot of those cities won't end up that different than Clinton's.

Democrats were counting on massive big-city margins this year, hoping to avoid a repeat of four years ago when unexpectedly low voter turnout in several key cities helped Donald Trump win the presidency.

But it was suburbia — not large cities — that delivered the over-the-top margins that put Joe Biden in the White House. And in at least a handful of cities in key battleground states this month, Trump actually ran slightly better than in 2016.
In Philadelphia, Trump picked up more total votes this year than he won in 2016. In Milwaukee, the number of total ballots cast was essentially flat, and somewhat down in majority-Black wards. In Detroit, Trump found more votes in 2020 than four years ago, while Biden drew about 1,000 fewer than Clinton, according to unofficial results. And in Miami, where the shift was among the starkest, Biden carried the city by 19 percentage points — less than half of Clinton’s 40-point win.
While big cities delivered large tranches of votes for Biden in battleground states, it was the increasingly diverse and Democratic-trending suburbs that provided the blowout margins for him. The suburbs in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan came out strongly for Biden, making up for the fact that he matched Clinton while Trump grew his support in key cities. Many of those suburbs have been tilting leftward for years, which is a significant dilemma for the GOP. Looking at down-ballot races where Republicans did better than expected, though, it’s clear some suburban voters have not become partisan Democrats but are instead simply swing voters who cast a ballot against Trump.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #616 on: November 16, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »
Do you put a lot of trust in stories by Politico, DittoHead?  They're just as bad at ginning up fake news as the rest of the MSM in my opinion.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #617 on: November 16, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »
While there has been a lot of focus on urban centers lately because of the fraud allegations, it's looking like Biden's total vote count in a lot of those cities won't end up that different than Clinton's.

I was about to say, without looking, that the analysis conflated cities where massive voter fraud is not alleged with the 4 cities that stole the election for Biden.

Looks like you even put the weasel words in your own post that indicates Politico is trying to confuse the issue by saying: "look at how Cincinnati had almost the same vote for Biden as for Hillary! CLEARLY there was no vote fraud in Philadelphia."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #618 on: November 16, 2020, 01:20:56 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/15/donald-trump-joe-biden-won-tweet

A masterclass in why people don't trust the media.

The Guardian's first two lines say:
On Sunday morning, Donald Trump tweeted about Joe Biden.

“He won,” he wrote.

Mr. Trump actually tweeted (and it's hyperlinked):

He won because the Election was Rigged. NO VOTE WATCHERS OR OBSERVERS allowed, vote tabulated by a Radical Left privately owned company, Dominion, with a bad reputation & bum equipment that couldn’t even qualify for Texas (which I won by a lot!), the Fake & Silent Media, & more!

The Guardian got to the fourth paragraph before actually using Trump's words in context, so they can shrug of reports of "taking it out of context", but if you read the headline and first couple paragraphs they present Trump as implying something he clearly didn't.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:57:38 PM by dogmush »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #619 on: November 16, 2020, 01:44:48 PM »
Trump received more votes in California than any Republican presidential candidate ever:

https://patch.com/california/losgatos/s/hbcnt/trump-breaks-ca-election-records-for-most-republican-votes

(more of a trivia point than anything else, since Biden officially received 10 million votes in CA)
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #620 on: November 16, 2020, 02:34:49 PM »

I think I see the problem:

Mainstream experts and analysts agree it was not. The presidential result in Georgia is subject to a recount – which Trump on Sunday called a “scam” – but it is not expected to slip from Biden’s column and the Democrat will be inaugurated as the 46th president on 20 January.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #621 on: November 16, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »

(more of a trivia point than anything else, since Biden officially received 10 million votes in CA)

Which would have been like 2 million without the drivers licenses for illegals program.  =D

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #622 on: November 16, 2020, 03:05:27 PM »
Do you put a lot of trust in stories by Politico, DittoHead?  
I've seen other sources report on Biden's flat performance in the cities so I have no reason to doubt those numbers, although there are plenty of competing theories on why he didn't improve at all.
the analysis conflated cities where massive voter fraud is not alleged with the 4 cities that stole the election for Biden.
Looks like you even put the weasel words in your own post that indicates Politico is trying to confuse the issue
I don't even know which 4 cities you think "stole the election" so if I conflated them or confused, I apologize. I've seen plenty of fraud accusations in Milwaukee & Detroit, which were the two I noted in the article, and Philadelphia looks like a similar story as far as Biden's flat performance.
Four years ago, the city made up just under 20% of the state’s votes for Clinton. It currently makes up about 17% of Pennsylvania’s votes for Biden.

So yes, Philadelphia’s votes were crucial for Biden. But look at the margins.

First, there’s how many votes each county gave to Biden vs. Trump. For Philadelphia, it’s a net of about 446,000 votes for Biden (574,000 votes for Biden minus 128,000 votes for Trump).

That’s a lot, yes, but then we have to compare that with 2016. After all, the basic political map is pretty set. You know Philadelphia and its suburbs will go blue; you know rural counties will go red. The question is by how much, and how they all stack up.

Clinton received a net 475,000 votes from Philadelphia (584,000 for Clinton minus 109,000 for Trump.)

That means Philadelphia still turned in a ton of votes for Biden — but it was actually about 30,000 fewer net votes than the city gave to Clinton. Those numbers will change as Philadelphia counts its remaining votes, so the gap will shrink, and Biden may ultimately actually receive slightly more net votes than Clinton, but it’s nothing like the huge changes we saw elsewhere in the state.

So what made the big difference this year?

The suburbs.
None of this disproves fraud (and I made no such claim) but in comparing it to 2016, the big changes in those former blue wall states did not come from the cities where fraud allegations have been frequent. I've seen similar reports from cities that aren't in swing states like Chicago - Biden got 83% vs Clinton 84%.  For the most part Biden lost ground in rural areas, stayed flat in cities, and gained in the suburbs.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #623 on: November 16, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »
Even if we assume widespread fraud, best case scenario is that close to half of the actual voters voted for Joe Biden.

Let that sink in ...

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #624 on: November 16, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
Even if we assume widespread fraud, best case scenario is that close to half of the actual voters voted for Joe Biden.

They may have marked Joe Biden on their ballots, but I still think he was an afterthought and the vast majority were voting against Donald Trump.