Main Forums > The Roundtable

Only the Outlaws...

<< < (4/4)

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: AZRedhawk44 on September 17, 2020, 09:50:52 PM ---What's this "allowed" garbage?  Who is granting clemency/blessing/sanctity upon these outlaws?  Isn't "allowed" basically the concept of law?  

Outlaws will take the morality they demand, "allowed" be damned.

The trick is though, this is a double-edged sword.  Those shifty-eyed arabs in Al Qaeda or the Taliban or whatever the State Department doesn't like this week... they take the morality they demand.  Disagree with it or not, it is a defined moral stance.  It just happens to clash with most Western moral stances.

A bit jaded, but I think a classically acceptable moral stance that ought to be respected globally would be akin to the NAP or the Golden Rule and is espoused by your snark, if rather darkly.  Believe whatever you want, live however you want.  Just don't force it on others and don't force others into servitude for your ends.  Once your actions impinge on the free actions of others, your "moral" stance is invalidated.  That goes for the other party, too.

--- End quote ---

I see I am no good at aphorisms. No one seems to have understood what I was trying to say, which is probably my fault. By "allowed" I mean that BLM/anti-Trump/far-left face almost no consequences from expressing their brand of morality. Even when they impose them on other people through violence or intimidation, they seem to get away with it most of the time. But they seldom lose their jobs or livelihoods over their political stance. Every once in a while, maybe, but for the most part they're safe, and they know they're safe. I think we all know that's not true for the Brendan Eichs and Nick Sandmanns and Jack Philips of America. If you want to be safe and comfortable, you'll adopt the Left's "morality," and you'll do it right away.

--- Quote from: Hawkmoon on September 17, 2020, 10:56:20 PM ---In other words, you're allowed to have your morals -- as long as you only live by them within the privacy of your own home. Don't bring your morals out in public, or you'll be cancelled.

--- End quote ---

Something like that. The Left (and even some people on APS) have had this attitude about religion for a while. "You must bake the cake!" Now, the Jacobins are expanding it to everyone who won't agree with them.

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: fistful on September 17, 2020, 11:38:07 PM ---
Something like that. The Left (and even some people on APS) have had this attitude about religion for a while. "You must bake the cake!" Now, the Jacobins are expanding it to everyone who won't agree with them.

--- End quote ---

But today merely baking the cake is not enough. Oh, no! Now you have to not only bake the cake, you also have to eat the cake and like the cake.

Ron:
In some sense this shows you how far gone we are in our culture.

The materialist relativist rot has even those who hold to morals using relativistic language to describe the inversion of morality.

The enemy does not have different "morals", they are immoral.

In many cases they aren't "mistaken" they are evil.

Voting for abortionists who want to pervert the very nature of the people, all the way down to normalizing having sex with children, while fundamentally changing the USA by disenfranchising the majority population is evil.

The left doesn't have morals they have immorality.

The confusion in the statement is due to the confusion of what moral means.

I'm making a concerted effort to not let the left set the narrative and define the terms.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Ron on September 18, 2020, 08:29:25 AM ---In some sense this shows you how far gone we are in our culture.

The materialist relativist rot has even those who hold to morals using relativistic language to describe the inversion of morality.

The enemy does not have different "morals", they are immoral.

In many cases they aren't "mistaken" they are evil.

Voting for abortionists who want to pervert the very nature of the people, all the way down to normalizing having sex with children, while fundamentally changing the USA by disenfranchising the majority population is evil.

The left doesn't have morals they have immorality.

The confusion in the statement is due to the confusion of what moral means.

I'm making a concerted effort to not let the left set the narrative and define the terms.

--- End quote ---

In a sense you're quite correct, which is why I've used language that casts doubt on how moral the Left's "morality" really is. I'm using the language of morality for certain reasons. For one, it's because the Left behaves so Pharasaically, as if they have a moral agenda from on high. Also, because I find it indispensable to point out how telling people what to think or do can be just as bad (or worse) coming from secular humanists as from religious fundamentalists. Also, because I wanted to do a play on the old saying about gun control.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version