Main Forums > The Roundtable

Only the Outlaws...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hawkmoon:

--- Quote from: fistful on September 16, 2020, 08:55:27 PM ---Please tell me how you interpret the following quotation by the noted philosopher, fistful.

"When morality is outlawed, only outlaws will be allowed to have morals."

I texted that to a friend, and he seems to have interpreted it a bit differently (though I agree with his interpretation as well).

--- End quote ---

When the "progressives" take total control of the government, morality as we know it and understand it will become a mere footnote in the history of the United States (and probably the history of the world).

230RN:

--- Quote from: Devonai on September 17, 2020, 03:28:31 PM ---A burger increases my amount of bovine DNA, at least for a day or so.

--- End quote ---

Having a burger avoids the pain of hunger and sometimes even increases pleasure.  The increasing DNA part depends on with whom you are having the burger... a movie and parking at the town makeout spot can help in this respect.

And just for good measure, I repeat what I said about morality in Reply #3:

--- Quote --- As opposed to moral behavior, which varies from place to place, time to time, and person to person.
--- End quote ---

Terry, 230RN

grampster:
Well, the progtards made the word "truth" obsolete.  "Moral" can't be far behind.

Perd Hapley:

--- Quote from: Andiron on September 16, 2020, 08:58:24 PM ---When morality is outlawed,  those with morals will be called racists, bigots, nazis, homophobes, paedophobes, xenophobes....

You're not wrong though.

--- End quote ---

That's how my friend took it.

What I meant was that the outlaw gangs in the streets are on their own sort of moral crusade.* Their "morals" are celebrated by most of the usual gatekeepers. They are applauded for standing up for their convictions.

Your morals, on the other hand - yeah, you're allowed to have them, if you keep them to yourself. You can live by them, if you're careful not to offend the special people.

*Well, some of them are on a moral crusade. A lot of them show up for other reasons.

Andiron:

--- Quote from: fistful on September 17, 2020, 07:07:50 PM ---That's how my friend took it.

What I meant was that the outlaw gangs in the streets are on their own sort of moral crusade.* Their "morals" are celebrated by most of the usual gatekeepers. They are applauded for standing up for their convictions.

Your morals, on the other hand - yeah, you're allowed to have them, if you keep them to yourself. You can live by them, if you're careful not to offend the special people.

*Well, some of them are on a moral crusade. A lot of them show up for other reasons.

--- End quote ---

My solution isn't one I'm willing to post here.  Chickenshit,  but the internet is forever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version