Author Topic: Shop-Vac is gone  (Read 937 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Shop-Vac is gone
« on: September 24, 2020, 02:59:04 PM »
Apparently Shop-Vac suffered serious financial setbacks due to increased competition and recent market impacts of COVID-19. They were in talks to sell but the buyer walked out unexpectedly. Closed up shop about a week ago.

https://www.northcentralpa.com/business/shop-vac-is-closing-hundreds-of-employees-to-lose-jobs/article_22df06ee-f77a-11ea-b643-0bc122c9e71c.html#:~:text=Williamsport%2C%20Pa.,the%20end%20of%20the%20week.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Shop-Vac is gone
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »
Bummer.  They made good stuff.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 04:09:59 PM »
I own 2, I better find a 3 party filter for them.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »
Bummer.  They made good stuff.
They also made crap.
I had a couple of their cheaper vacs and didn't like them at all.  Ended up going with a Vacmaster when it was time to get a new one.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 04:25:20 PM »
They also made crap.
I had a couple of their cheaper vacs and didn't like them at all.  Ended up going with a Vacmaster when it was time to get a new one.

Yeah, I think their older stuff was good, but then they started going into Craftsman territory. I was going to buy one a few years ago, and then a couple of guys here said to run away. I ended up with a Ridgid.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 08:03:36 PM »
Yeah, I think their older stuff was good, but then they started going into Craftsman territory. I was going to buy one a few years ago, and then a couple of guys here said to run away. I ended up with a Ridgid.

Rigid makes a good vac.  I've beaten the hell out of mine for 14 years and it still sucks  :cool:
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Rigid makes a good vac.  I've beaten the hell out of mine for 14 years and it still sucks  :cool:

:laugh:

I have a couple of Ridgid tools, and bought some for my dad as well some years ago, and I've found them all to be well-made and dependable.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 09:37:45 PM »
:laugh:

I have a couple of Ridgid tools, and bought some for my dad as well some years ago, and I've found them all to be well-made and dependable.

Hard to beat their pipe wrenches too!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 11:07:22 PM »
I got a small, lightly used Ridgid vac for $20. Money well spent.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »
I also have a small Ridgid.  They had a special package promotion where they took their small model and threw in some car vacuum accessories that you normally have to pay extra for.  I discovered it on the Garage Journal website, and went down to Home Depot that same day after work and grabbed one.

Now I also use it for dust collection off my table saw and my random orbital sander.