Author Topic: Trump / Biden Debate #1  (Read 8178 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Trump / Biden Debate #1
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2020, 01:14:07 AM »
I'm astounded at just how awful that debate was.

I don't think I've seen a coherent, issue-focused Presidential debate in 20 years.

But this was so unfocused, superficial and talking-point oriented that it was tailor-made for the ADHD 3-second-soundbyte market.

Both of them are noisily flapping rectums.  Both of them are narcissists.  Both of them are the offal of the political process of constantly choosing the lesser of two evils.  Of constantly bifurcating every issue into a two party camp, where each camp MUST have a differing stance on every possible issue, just to be contrarian.  Of concealing your diseased intentions by wrapping them in sunshine and hoping no one notices.  Of peddling spite for those on the "other" side in such a vitriolic way that the spite garners you support.

Anyone who votes for either of these people, IS THE PROBLEM.  Not those who abstain.  Voters put these belching bowel movements in human form into power.

Absolutely wrong.

I judge a politician by what he does, and only include what he says if it matches what he does.

This is why I couldn't vote for Trump in 2016. I assessed him as untrustworthy and likely to stab us in the back.

Now, he's shown himself to be a shameless self-promoter, narcissistic, and vain, as I assessed him (at least in his public persona)... And a far better and trustworthy President than any in my experience. (Caveat, I have only the vaguest recollection of Reagan, so I'm starting at G.W. Bush.)

Yes, he's brash and rude. And I've come to be glad for that. Our president isn't royalty and we ought to remember that. He shouldn't be expected to be perfectly poised and mannered.

He's the man we hired to do a job and if he's a jerk but can get the job done, then I'm hiring the jerk.(or retaining him in this case.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2020, 07:58:50 AM »

Anyone who votes for either of these people, IS THE PROBLEM.  Not those who abstain.  Voters put these belching bowel movements in human form into power.

He can belch all he wants, and I have always and will continue to call out his Twitter stuff, but:

Federal judges and the Supreme Court. Actions speak louder than social media.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #152 on: October 02, 2020, 08:01:24 AM »
Go find the video of what Biden and the moderator did to Paul Ryan.

Trump and his team knew exactly what to expect from the treasonous Biden and his media handler Chris Wallace.

Biden has always been the bully in debates.

Trump bullied them both and did it like a boss.

That performance wasn't for those of us who are results orientated or for policy wonks.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2020, 09:00:15 AM »

I agree with everything, assuming the bolded part means "abstain from voting for one of them".
Vote no matter what, even if it's a 3rd party with no chance or a write in protest vote.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2020, 06:55:16 AM »
Go find the video of what Biden and the moderator did to Paul Ryan.

Trump and his team knew exactly what to expect from the treasonous Biden and his media handler Chris Wallace.

Biden has always been the bully in debates.

Trump bullied them both and did it like a boss.

That performance wasn't for those of us who are results orientated or for policy wonks.

That is what I’ve been saying. And it wasn’t just that debate. He did the same to Palin. He does the same to voters, hey fat, lying dog face pony soldier, etc., etc. Heck the left even considers his questioning of Anita Hill bullying and he certainly wasn’t for Clarence Thomas. Bully is Biden’s default mode. I think Trump took it too far, but he had to be aggressive to counter Biden’s normal debate style and Wallace’s biased question. He should have toned it down though.

Trump can be funny, he can also be aggressive and probably a bully. He would have been better served to lean more on his sense of humor. The more I think about it, the more I think this was a result of Chris Christy doing the debate prep, he was always aggressive and can be a bully too.