Author Topic: 41-year veteran HPD Officer Sgt. Harold Preston dies in shooting in Houston  (Read 669 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/10/20/2-hpd-officers-shot-in-southwest-houston/

On October 18, HPD Officers responded to a call from Mrs. Santos, stated that her ex-husband, Elmer Manzano, was at the location brandishing a gun threatening Mrs. Santos and her children. HPD Officers took Elmer Manzano into custody that day but Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg declined to take charges, instructing Officers to release him,  and return the six bullets he had in his pocket, he was also allowed to keep his gun which he claimed was locked in his safe.

Today, responding to another call from Mrs. Santos, Officers responded.  Mr. Manzano answered the door with gunshots at point-blank range.  The two officers and Manzano’s 14-year-old son were hit.

I heard about this today.  The radio said he was an illegal alien with some criminal history.  The gun should have been seized as illegal for him to possess if that is correct.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
WTF? The DA needs to be held accountable as accessory to murder.
Yeah, I get it, the law doesn't work quite like that but, damn.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Pb

• friend
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/10/20/2-hpd-officers-shot-in-southwest-houston/
The radio said he was an illegal alien with some criminal history.

No wonder he wasn't charged when he first threatened to kill people.

We can't be deporting future democratic voters.

Oh, and it is illegal for illegal aliens to own guns.  So of course they gave him back the murder weapon.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
We can't be deporting future democratic voters.

Oh, and it is illegal for illegal aliens to own guns.  So of course they gave him back the murder weapon.

It's also illegal for them to vote but............
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
It's also illegal for them to vote but............

What are you, some kind of racist?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
What are you, some kind of racist?

[Looking at my arm and noting the color] yes
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes