Author Topic: The post-Presidency Mr. Trump  (Read 2357 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: The post-Presidency Mr. Trump
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 09:30:27 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/13/nyregion/trump-taxes.html

I will be interested to see if anything comes of this.  Mr. Trump could afford the best tax lawyers and accountants that money can buy. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2020, 09:41:13 AM »
Nothing will come of it. Both sides do this every time a president leaves. In this case, it will just cost Trump more money than previous presidents because of how deranged the left has been over the last four years. Perhaps Trump being Trump, he might be able to turn the tables on these idiots and sue them instead.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 09:44:43 AM »
I think that it is likely he'll follow in the shoes of Mr. Obama and seek an entertainment career.  How successful that career will be, I don't know.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2020, 09:49:43 AM »
He gets Secret Service protection for life.  I would love for them to shoot and kill a few idiots. 

That won't stop the malicious prosecutions, and I expect there will be calls to go after him for treason and seek the death penalty (mainly for not conceding the election immediately) but nothing will come of it.  Because if it does, if there is ever another Republican administration the Clintons and others will be toast.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2020, 09:54:14 AM »
Nothing will come of it. Both sides do this every time a president leaves. In this case, it will just cost Trump more money than previous presidents because of how deranged the left has been over the last four years. Perhaps Trump being Trump, he might be able to turn the tables on these idiots and sue them instead.

I'm not so sure the left will follow precedent and leave Trump and company alone. Their hate for him and all things not Liberal could well push them to continue to persecute Trump and former administration people. I think they are so sure they will never have to deal with another Republican administration they don't worry about paybacks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 10:43:31 AM »
I'm not so sure the left will follow precedent and leave Trump and company alone.

I should clarify that I don't believe he will be left alone. Hence my statement that it will cost him more to defend himself. He'll be hounded more than any other previous President, but they won't win in court. It'll just be the equivalent of the crummy neighbor who instigates nuisance lawsuit after nuisance lawsuit.

I was hoping with Trump's legal team and his own personality, that he will turn the tables and maybe make the attackers the attacked. If a few of them end up paying out a few million dollars, the rest might eventually back off.

If Trump were prosecuted for ANYTHING while Hillary Clinton walks free, that's the line for a lot of people. The left better be careful what they wish for.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2020, 11:43:27 AM »
I'm not so sure the left will follow precedent and leave Trump and company alone. Their hate for him and all things not Liberal could well push them to continue to persecute Trump and former administration people. I think they are so sure they will never have to deal with another Republican administration they don't worry about paybacks.
Some leftists either can't or won't look forward to the consequences of their actions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
I'd be happy with limiting voting to actual legal citizens of the USA. One person, one vote with a valid free state issued (preferably photo) ID. Maybe we could model our voter ID off of a country like Mexico but the libtards might consider their method discriminatory against people of color.

I can't decide if that's a joke or not. I guess it is if you consider "white" as a color.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »
I can't decide if that's a joke or not. I guess it is if you consider "white" as a color.

It just needs an 's' on the end. I think it was in grammar school that I was told white is the presence of all colors, and black is the complete absence of colors.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2020, 02:11:13 PM »
It just needs an 's' on the end. I think it was in grammar school that I was told white is the presence of all colors, and black is the complete absence of colors.

Depends whether you are mixing light or pigments (additive or subtractive colors)
"It's good, though..."