Author Topic: are we really heading toward civil war or civil unrest?  (Read 6312 times)

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: are we really heading toward civil war or civil unrest?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 08:22:06 AM »
In the event of a Trump loss I would not be surprised to see the blm/antifa mob types energized to the point of targeting conservative groups in order to elicit a violent response in the hopes that the local government comes down hard on the conservatives.

This, again, is just from my armchair, but this is the scenario that I think would cool their jets: A mob of "burn it down" aficionados decides to terrorize a suburban neighborhood. A dozen of them approach a house and decide to lob Molotovs. If even just one of the group throws the fire, the homeowner opens up on all of them. Again, from my armchair, this is what I might expect a soldier to do if the Taliban approach his position with a rocket launcher. You don't just shoot that guy - you shoot at all of them, because it's war.

These are my top 2 most probable scenarios given what’s going on around us.  I’ve already discussed with several neighbors in our community on how we’d respond to those groups coming out to our rural neighborhood.  We have only 2 road entry exits and discussed how we’d barricade them to keep vehicle traffic out.  Still have work to do on how we’d patrol and deter foot traffic from outsiders still if things start to elevate...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 09:02:09 AM »
There is virtually no way a BLM/Antifa mob would dare to attempt such in my state (everybody has guns and our guns have guns) but damn near every homeowner here would do their best to kill the entire mob, even going so far as to pursue and eliminate survivors retreating.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 09:10:52 AM »
False flag attacks on infrastructure, maybe including deaths, ascribed to right wingers is most likely.

Toe to toe they get destroyed.

Information warfare, narrative control is where the battle is taking place, NOW, already.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 09:28:54 AM »
False flag attacks on infrastructure, maybe including deaths, ascribed to right wingers is most likely.

Toe to toe they get destroyed.

Information warfare, narrative control is where the battle is taking place, NOW, already.

I posted a little bit up the thread that the news is promoting "militia violence" as the violence we'll see, despite what we have already seen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 09:40:29 AM »
I posted a little bit up the thread that the news is promoting "militia violence" as the violence we'll see, despite what we have already seen.

It's already unpopular and even dangerous in some cases to publicly support Trump.

Let that sink in ...

Dupage County Illinois, former "Republican" stronghold and people are afraid to put Trump signs in their yard due to the threat of vandalism or WORSE.

Trump isn't even that right wing, what the left has in store for the real right is probably unthinkable.

First they must demonize.

It's OK to hunt and kill demons right?

It's OK to round up and arrest demons right?

That's the play I'm starting to see and expect if Biden somehow wins.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2020, 03:37:47 PM »
Whatever might or might not happen, sounds like it will be a busy shopping weekend. I don't need anything, but it's likely a good reminder to stay out of the city until after next Tuesday if I don't want to deal with crowds.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/american-shoppers-panic-buying-in-anticipation-of-election-second-covid-19-wave
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
Interesting article about the strategy behind the last minute revelations of Joe Bidens corruption.

Readers digest version:

Full reveal of all the sordid details after Trump loses but before the electoral college votes.

Forcing the electors in the electoral college to refuse to elect Biden.

Interesting read if nothing else. Strap in, it's going to get bumpy.

https://watchingromeburn.uk/news/trumps-64-day-post-election-endgame-or-can-a-criminal-be-inaugurated-president/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2020, 11:47:25 PM »
Interesting article about the strategy behind the last minute revelations of Joe Bidens corruption.

Readers digest version:

Full reveal of all the sordid details after Trump loses but before the electoral college votes.

https://watchingromeburn.uk/news/trumps-64-day-post-election-endgame-or-can-a-criminal-be-inaugurated-president/

Yeah, I don't know. They still nominated Joe, knowing he had bragged about doing the same thing Trump was "impeached" for.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2020, 04:35:13 AM »

Readers digest version:

Dunno the likelihood but it would certainly be interesting.

Electors cast votes for potus and Veep separately, thus there's a scant chance of a Trump/Harris admin.  We shall see if fate has a sense of humor.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2020, 07:58:38 AM »
This weekend I'm pulling another shotgun out of the safe and putting it downstairs along with a better choice of handgun (probably my Hi Power).

I'm also going to load up the magazine for the Sub 2000. I've not shot it yet, but the person whom I bought it from has vouched that it works great. If it doesn't and I get killed, I'll haunt him mercilessly.

Thinking seriously about putting a gun in the car even though taking a gun onto my company's property is a fireable offense.

Really don't think there will be problems in my neck of the woods, but I don't feel like taking chances.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2020, 08:21:27 PM »
Doesn't work if someone torches the whole building.

Depends on what you mean by "work".  Armed guards could keep them from getting out........

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2020, 09:55:23 PM »
Well, here's something for you people in the DC area. Twitchy said they don't yet have a source for the video, but it's apparently a Zoom call with Shutdown DC. The woman in the video is well-known.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/11/02/what-would-it-take-to-surround-the-white-house-and-have-people-do-stuff-shut-down-dc-makes-plans/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1323386654422409218

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2019/09/anti-racist-activist-lisa-fithian-teaches-social-change-tactics

Mike better hurry up and get his AR fixed.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2020, 10:31:07 PM »
Some bold assumptions from that lady....

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2020, 10:38:39 PM »
I can’t post images here for some reason (even with hotlinking) but over on the APS facebook group I posted a nice screenshot of Leftist Twitter warriors calling for rounding up Trump supporters and eliminating them. Responders to the tweet thought that might be going a bit too far but that blocking them from voting, seizing their property, and throwing them into “re-education camps” was the way to go.

Look at that *expletive deleted*it, along with other far left tweets calling for “Truth and Reconciliation” tribunals and tell me with a straight *expletive deleted*ing face we aren’t headed to a bloody civil war.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2020, 10:55:16 PM »
This weekend I'm pulling another shotgun out of the safe and putting it downstairs along with a better choice of handgun (probably my Hi Power).

I'm also going to load up the magazine for the Sub 2000. I've not shot it yet, but the person whom I bought it from has vouched that it works great. If it doesn't and I get killed, I'll haunt him mercilessly.

Thinking seriously about putting a gun in the car even though taking a gun onto my company's property is a fireable offense.

Really don't think there will be problems in my neck of the woods, but I don't feel like taking chances.
Good luck to you.  Hope you don't have to break in the Sub2000. 

Do you have a good shovel?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2020, 11:01:08 PM »
I’d recommend staying out of big cities the next few days especially if you have MAGA hats, Trump banners or flags on your vehicle/person.  Not that you shouldn’t support our Pres, but better not to draw attention to yourself unless you want to.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2020, 11:41:57 PM »
There is virtually no way a BLM/Antifa mob would dare to attempt such in my state (everybody has guns and our guns have guns) but damn near every homeowner here would do their best to kill the entire mob, even going so far as to pursue and eliminate survivors retreating.
Sounds like a nice place - any properties up for sale there?  ;)

I'm in a suburb just west of Austin, TX, and I don't see much chance of a riot breaking out here . . . but I will be prepared. And I have reason to believe that at least some others will be prepared as well. I also don't see our mayor ordering the local constabulary to stand down. (That may not be the case in Austin proper.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2020, 04:22:09 AM »
Sounds like a nice place - any properties up for sale there?  ;)

I'm in a suburb just west of Austin, TX, and I don't see much chance of a riot breaking out here . . . but I will be prepared. And I have reason to believe that at least some others will be prepared as well. I also don't see our mayor ordering the local constabulary to stand down. (That may not be the case in Austin proper.)

Plenty, problem is in/around the major city we have a ton of outsiders moving in that worry me in that they are from Blue strongholds. Houses sell in a couple hours and we are one of the fastest growing areas in America. We need every friend of freedom we can get to hold onto our freedom.

You are in aviation right? Lockheed just opened a new F-16 line here at the industrial airport/manufacturing complex plus they do a lot of other work.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2020, 02:04:19 PM »
"Do you have a good shovel?"

Even better...

I have a big dog who likes a raw food diet.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »
Double tap...

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »
I can dig a pretty deep hole with the tractor in a fairly short amount of time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:04 PM »
"Do you have a good shovel?"

Even better...

I have a big dog who likes a raw food diet.

I wouldn't feed Seren that crap........
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2020, 03:46:03 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.