Author Topic: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal  (Read 32473 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Hunter & Joe Biden corruption scandal
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2023, 02:41:19 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2023, 03:40:37 PM »
White privilege. Apparently Wesley Snipes went to the pokey for the same thing (on the taxes).

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/06/20/hunter-biden-white-privilege-n2384673
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2023, 04:25:11 PM »
I think the Feds would happily throw me under the jail.  I am going with Biden privilege or maybe DC Crony privilege. 

But for the internet, white privilege might play better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2023, 04:39:02 PM »
Connected Democrat privilege.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2023, 04:57:58 PM »
I think the Feds would happily throw me under the jail.  I am going with Biden privilege or maybe DC Crony privilege. 

But for the internet, white privilege might play better.

Agree that it's not white privilege. I think they were dinging woke liberal hypocrisy for constantly using that term for everything. Except when it's inconvenient.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2023, 04:59:57 PM »
Connected Democrat privilege.

Until a bigger more connection dem comes along then they're not above throwing the smaller one under the bus to make way for the bigger one.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2023, 05:22:01 PM »
Of all the crimes that Hunter Biden is alleged to have been involved in, these are the least important to me.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2023, 08:57:19 AM »
And the Washington Post today is running an editorial on why Hunter Biden's plea deal is so justified.

I couldn't read the whole thing (pay wall) but what I could read is, of course, twinged with more than a little hint of "This is just Trump and his awful Republicans going after a good, honorable man in an attempt to smear a good, honorable, and highly effective President."

Shocked, I am... absolutely shocked.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2023, 04:52:06 PM »
https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/06/22/say-remember-when-biden-doj-touted-its-crackdown-on-lies-in-connection-with-firearm-transactions-n559846

In a January press release, the Justice Department said that “federal prosecutors [are] aggressively pursuing those who lie in connection with firearms transactions,” arguing that its tough-on-offender policies were essential to “reduc[ing] gun violence.”

Those guys at Justice are such characters. They just keep me in stitches.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2023, 07:01:25 AM »
You know you're a Democrat when you take a plea deal AND get invited to a State Dinner all in the same week.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2023, 07:51:18 AM »
Hunter was very angry that a, quote, commitment from China was not fulfilled, threatening big consequences from, quote, ‘the Big Guy himself,’ his dad, who was sitting right next to him, that he wasn't made whole quote. ‘I am sitting here with my father and would like to understand why the commitment made has not been fulfilled.’ Hunter continued quote, ‘I will make certain that between the man sitting next to me and every person that he knows and my ability to hold a grudge that you will regret not following my direction. I am sitting here waiting for the call with my father,’ pops who takes half his income, the Big Guy, Joe.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2023, 09:13:33 AM »
I know federal gun laws are rarely enforced (lying purchase, felon in possession).  How about the tax law Biden broke?  Is that also a joke, or did he get special treatment?

HankB

• friend
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2023, 09:31:12 AM »
Well they are contact workers.
- Calvin and Hobbes

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2023, 09:39:53 AM »

With or without the "r". =D

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2023, 10:42:55 AM »

With or without the "r". =D

I was thinking no one was going to catch that  =D

Was actually a typo at first but then I thought Na, leave it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »
So is it mostly okay now to lie on a 4473?
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2023, 11:24:30 AM »
Only if you're a liberal of note.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2023, 12:08:21 PM »
There's spin and then there's SPIN!
I'm actually impressed

The real meaning of the Hunter Biden saga, as I see it, isn't about presidential corruption, but is about how widespread addiction is--and about how a determined parent with unconditional love can sometimes reel a child back: https://t.co/NvxVLECZvF That can give others hope.
    — Nicholas Kristof (@NickKristof) June 24, 2023

NY Times columnist explains why the 'Hunter Biden saga' should be an inspiration to us all
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/06/24/ny-times-columnist-explains-why-the-hunter-biden-saga-should-be-an-inspiration-to-us-all-n2384801
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 01:41:04 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #147 on: June 24, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »
Yeah, that what I'm getting out this too.   :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #148 on: June 24, 2023, 01:39:26 PM »
I wonder what tune Mr. Kristof would be singing if this were one of Trump's kids in the same position...

Bueller? Bueller? You have the answer?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!