Author Topic: On Voter Influencing  (Read 2365 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
On Voter Influencing
« on: November 06, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »
A couple of stories I read this morning that are interesting to me in long term effects:

Journalists suggest progressives should be paid to move to targeted states in great numbers to become residents just long enough to vote. The most egregious example is Bloomberg paying 80,000 people $50,000 each to move to Wyoming long enough to vote. The Wyoming Governor was reelected with 75,000 votes.

When you think about this, it's a drop in the bucket for Bloomberg, and he can access an army of unemployed antifa kids and others who would happily move to Wyoming for a year for that money. Or to congressional districts in key states where, because of population, 20K-30K votes could flip a district. Just think about how few votes AOC got to get elected.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/liberal-journalists-call-for-democrats-to-move-to-red-states-to-manipulate-elections

Second story: Google apparently used it's extensive demographic database of users to only send election reminders to their liberal users.

“One of our most disturbing findings so far is that between Monday, October 26th (the day our system became fully operational) and Thursday, October 29th, only our liberal field agents received vote reminders on Google’s home page. Conservatives did not receive even a single vote reminder,” Epstein said, according to the senators.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/googles-selective-display-of-vote-reminders-may-have-shifted-millions-of-votes-gop-senators_3568092.html

While this particular instance might not be a big deal, it really gets you thinking about what nefarious stuff Google, et al are capable of doing with all that data they collect about you every time you touch an internet connected device.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: On Voter Influencing
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 11:49:57 AM »
This is much more a story than the alleged Russian "interference" in 2016. This isn't voter "influencing," this is voter buying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »
This is much more a story than the alleged Russian "interference" in 2016. This isn't voter "influencing," this is voter buying.

To the voter buying, as I think more on it, we're not just talking about unemployed anarchist kids. Who is to say Bloomberg couldn't pay well-off telecomuters, like Google employees, as well? Or for that matter Google could encourage their employees to telecommute from states they want to turn. It wouldn't be difficult to convince the Google millionaire employees to hang out in Jackson Hole for a year instead of BFE Wyoming. For that matter, there are plenty of retired hippies that do nothing but travel the country in their vans and motorhomes. If I were one of them and somebody offered me $50K to change my residency for a year, that's a frickin' deal.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 02:34:15 PM »
Joe Biden?

NOT  MY  PRESIDENT!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 02:46:47 PM »
Ben may recall that this was exactly how the Rajneeshees took over the government of Antelope, Oregon.  Busing in transients for long enough to register to vote.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 03:02:48 PM »
Carpetbag voters to go with the carpetbag politicians.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 11:45:39 AM »
Do we have any APS members in the airline industry who can help Democrats moving to Georgia (to vote in the Senate runoffs) with their one-way travel arrangements?

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 04:18:40 PM »
... and now I have "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" playing in my head.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 05:21:15 PM »
Do we have any APS members in the airline industry who can help Democrats moving to Georgia (to vote in the Senate runoffs) with their one-way travel arrangements?

Yes, but we don't fly to that Georgia.  Also, bulk container ships are much cheaper.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 05:52:32 PM »
... and now I have "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" playing in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip5e9NUvX6A
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
In a Wednesday afternoon, Georgia’s Deputy Secretary of State Jordan Fuchs confirmed the office would be exploring the felony charges tied to fraudulent voter registration in Georgia.

For weeks Georgia officials have warned that registering to vote with no attempt to stay in Georgia can be punishable by a felony charge that can carry up to a ten-year sentence , and $100,000 fine.

“This isn’t California,” said Fuchs. “We actually investigate and seek to prosecute individuals who try vote here illegally. Our system is built to prevent this behavior— we will seek to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.”
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 08:53:55 AM »
I keep seeing that GA says they are going after voter fraud, but I'm waiting for them to actually do that. So far I saw they are actively investigating a Republican attorney who was encouraging Republicans to register in GA. They still haven't done anything about Stacey Abram's group, who is saturating college campuses with documentation detailing how to temporarily change residency to GA.

I also read yesterday that a bunch of Hollywood celebrities are using social media under their own names, and also fake Republican personas encouraging GA Republican voters to write in Trump or else boycott the election as a "statement" regarding the presidential election. Seems like that should involve interstate investigations. Hollywood certainly seems to be heavily invested in Georgia elections over the last few years. Probably follow the money.

In the long term, GA really needs to change their residency requirements.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 09:04:03 AM »
I also read yesterday that a bunch of Hollywood celebrities are using social media under their own names, and also fake Republican personas encouraging GA Republican voters to write in Trump or else boycott the election as a "statement" regarding the presidential election. Seems like that should involve interstate investigations.

Investigations of what exactly?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 11:20:19 AM »
Investigations of what exactly?

FCC violations. Using interstate electronic communications to fraudulently influence an election.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
FCC violations. Using interstate electronic communications to fraudulently influence an election.
:rofl:
 :lol:
 =|
 ???
Honestly, I've seen enough crazy "legal theories" tossed around lately that I can't even tell when people are joking anymore.  =(

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2020, 12:08:13 PM »

And Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity are immune to this with their radio talk shows?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2020, 02:30:17 PM »
:rofl:
 :lol:
 =|
 ???
Honestly, I've seen enough crazy "legal theories" tossed around lately that I can't even tell when people are joking anymore.  =(

I wasn't joking.

Some years ago the then-mayor of Waterbury, Connecticut, was being investigated by the FBI for possible corruption. They had a warrant to tap his phones. In the course of their investigation, the phone taps led to the discovery that hizzoner liked to diddle young girls. After some soul-searching over whether or not to compromise their corruption investigation, the fibbies for once decided to do the right thing, and they busted him for a variety of charges relating to trafficking children.

These were federal charges. All the illicit activities took place within Connecticut. BUT ... because he made some of the arrangements using his cell phone, and some of the calls pinged off towers across the state line in New York, they were able to satisfy the court that there was an interstate communication nexus. He was convicted, and is still in prison.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Giordano

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »
And Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity are immune to this with their radio talk shows?

Who are they pretending to be?

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2020, 04:49:43 PM »
Yes, but we don't fly to that Georgia.  Also, bulk container ships are much cheaper.

Oooh.  In that case, can the navy accidentally mistake it for a live-fire exercise target?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2020, 05:00:43 PM »
Who are they pretending to be?

They often have fraudulent voice actors pretending to be various leftist politicians.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2020, 08:24:26 PM »
They often have fraudulent voice actors pretending to be various leftist politicians.
:facepalm:   Satire.     ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2020, 01:32:19 AM »
Oooh.  In that case, can the navy accidentally mistake it for a live-fire exercise target?

Congress gets grumpy when we do that.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2020, 01:26:13 PM »
Ben reported,

Journalists suggest progressives should be paid to move to targeted states in great numbers to become residents just long enough to vote. The most egregious example is Bloomberg paying 80,000 people $50,000 each to move to Wyoming long enough to vote. The Wyoming Governor was reelected with 75,000 votes

I believe I observed this a long time ago and mentioned it several times in the last few cycles.

Just a question of obviously "moving" loaded cars with out of state plates and a lot of nonresident cars around September and Ocotober.  "Just in time to register to vote," I'd half-jokingly remark to myself.

Granted, classes were starting about then and fall is a good touristy season, so when I'd mention it in an election context, I'd get put down as being wun uh them paranoid right wingers.  

But it got pretty much  confirmed for  me when the Dems had their convention here in Denver.  In working for an overwhelmingly liberal outfit, I noticed several rather pointed "water cooler" remarks which confirmed this.... usually mentioned in a rather supercilious and almost triumphant "we'll show them" context.

But proof?  No.  

Howevr, of late I have noticed that the successes in this past election seem to have emboldened a lot of leftists to actually admit their more nefarious tactics.

Jes' sayin'.  Jes' bein' paranoid.  Don't mind me jes' settin' by the cracker barrel and jes' watchin' 'n listenin'.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.
 [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
Well, "geriatric paranoia" isn't necessarily due to any decaying mental function, but could simply be the result of years of accumulated negative experiences.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.