Author Topic: Fox News Going Liberal?  (Read 3007 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Fox News Going Liberal?
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »
Or at least it overtly seems that way to me. Yesterday I read an article in the Washington Post (on my phone, so sorry no link) where they talked about the Rupert clan calling Fox News, Fox Business, The Wall Street Journal, and New York Post and giving them all marching orders about calling the election and ensuring they refer to Biden as "President-Elect". Which from what I have seen, they are doing.

I saw they also suspended Jeanine Pirro yesterday because she was going to buck that on her show. If anything, I'm also seeing some Fox News personalities (yes, I used that word on purpose) almost gleeful at Trump's loss. Certainly not all of them, but the others, from what I have seen, seem to be treading lightly. Certainly not as conservatively vocal (some of you here might say biased) as they usually are.

Additionally, suddenly I'm seeing stories like this one on their site:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/forget-traditional-election-maps-this-is-what-the-us-vote-really-looks-like

That's a map without state borders defending  a democracy and national popular vote. Up until now, they seem to have been defending the electoral college. There are more examples like this, and I'm just waiting for them to go from relatively pro-second amendment articles to "common sense gun laws".

Anyway, it's interesting to me how this suddenly happened. I've seen it mentioned at various conservative sites I visit (not to mention some left leaning sites, like the Washington Post), so I know it's not just me. Gotta wonder what is going on behind the scenes with the Murdoch family.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Fox News Going Liberal?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »
I lost what little respect I had for FOX when they hired Donna Brazil.
Murdoch Jr. is a hard core libtard and Clinton sycophant.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 05:54:31 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/11/anger-grows-among-fans-fox-news-networks-coverage-2020-election/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2020/08/12/newsmax-has-emerged-landing-spot-cable-news-personalities-need-new-home/

I was googling a bit more and one of the left news sites - I think the Intercept - was talking about how this could be the younger brother, or possibly more his wife. The older brother is apparently very conservative, but the younger one is, well, the Intercept called him middle of the road, so I'll go with far left. Especially the wife I guess, as she was one of the first people to congratulate Biden, and there was some information about all their big donations to left wing politicians and causes.

I think we can expect an even bigger change once Rupert, who's near 90, passes away.

Edit 1: I also read something about the elder Murdoch brother making some statement about they know what they are doing and their eye is on profit, making it seem they would be changing direction because they see $$$, but I can't see anyone on the left changing their news source to Fox.

Edit 2: I also saw some hate at Angel Eyes Gateway Pundit link, in the reader comments, about Paul Ryan and the Murdochs and going woke. I can't find anything about it though.

Geez - edit 3: Apparently Greg Gutfeld is temporarily gone too. It's like the Romans killing every tenth man.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
I lost what little respect I had for FOX when they hired Donna Brazil.
Murdoch Jr. is a hard core libtard and Clinton sycophant.
I lost some respect when they hired Chris Wallace. Some years earlier Wallace showed his true colors when, wearing his usual "gotcha" smirk, he asked Pat Buchanan (who was running for POTUS back then) whether or not there would be room in a Buchanan administration for David Duke.

Pat gave a one word answer - NO! - and then sat there looking at Wallace. Wallace - thrown off by an answer he couldn't spin or twist - moved on to another topic.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 07:32:09 PM »

Additionally, suddenly I'm seeing stories like this one on their site:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/forget-traditional-election-maps-this-is-what-the-us-vote-really-looks-like

That's a map without state borders defending  a democracy and national popular vote. Up until now, they seem to have been defending the electoral college. There are more examples like this, and I'm just waiting for them to go from relatively pro-second amendment articles to "common sense gun laws".

Yeah. "When you visualize the vote by population, you get a completely different picture." That's correct -- you get a picture that clearly illustrates why the Founders set up the United States as a  constitutional republic rather than a straight democracy, and why the electoral college system was established -- so that a few heavily populated cities couldn't totally override the rest of the nation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 08:11:51 PM »
I have been, and continue to be, a fan of the Electoral College.  Otherwise, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas and California would be electing the President, and the rest of the states would count for nothing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 08:48:08 PM »
I have been, and continue to be, a fan of the Electoral College.  Otherwise, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas and California would be electing the President, and the rest of the states would count for nothing.

With no Electoral College, whichever state does the most egregious voter fraud will elect the president

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 09:20:49 PM »
With no Electoral College, whichever state does the most egregious voter fraud will elect the president
Fraud in several states might still work. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 10:11:42 PM »
Without an electoral college - and of course a bicameral legislature one part of which is NOT population dependent - there would not be fifty states, but probably 10 or less. The smaller states simply would have refused to join.

Unless invasion and annexation had been instituted the way the Soviets seized the Baltic states.

In which case the USA would have had more than one civil war already, and much of the country would be in a state of perpetual unrest - or have a government like North Korea's.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 11:04:58 PM »
If Fox News is going liberal, who is the alternative now?  I don't mind switching to a different news source, but I have been reading Fox for so long that I don't know who is the conservative alternate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 11:21:44 PM »
I'm leaning towards AON and Newsmax
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2020, 10:54:05 AM »
Props to Ron for the heads up in another thread, but if you're interested in sampling OANN, they are free until the end of the year:

https://www.klowdtv.com/home.ktv

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 11:00:58 AM »
A lot of that stuff is too tinfoily. Read the foreign news services and if you read enough an idea can be had of the real story.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 11:18:39 AM »
Read the foreign news services and if you read enough an idea can be had of the real story.

Though you still have to verify. I got emails from three different cousins in Germany over the last few days, all of them asking "WTF?" regarding why US election counting is so slow and screwed up (good points all). The one liberal cousin though, went off on how she was so happy Biden won. Also that all of Europe is happy and all America must be happy because they have been disgusted by the Trump stories reported in the news there.

MSM is MSM, regardless of country/language. :)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 08:41:43 AM »
More Fox News division. Yesterday, Neil Cavuto, who I have actually always thought was a reasonable reporter, pulled a CNN and cut away from Kayleigh McEnanay when she was outlining the admin's fraud concerns, stating he was doing it because of "false, unverifiable information". Tucker Carlson called him out on it.

Almost makes you think they're just putting on a divisive show for ratings.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/11/10/tucker-carlson-we-need-to-find-out-exactly-what-happened-in-this-election/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »
So are we thinking Trump News Network (launching 1 Feb 2021) will be a pay/month streaming service or podcast/youtube channel format?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »
^^^Given that President Trump owes hundreds of millions of dollars, I don't see him doing anything for free.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »
Wow. Newsmax has beaten Fox Business (as well as others in MSM) in the ratings. Apparently their viewership has grown exponentially in the last couple of weeks. Kinda wish they would beat Fox News instead of Fox Business, but that might yet happen. I'm a new Newsmax viewer myself.

Not sure if this makes Brian Stelter happy or mad.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2020/11/15/newsmax-is-benefitting-in-huge-fashion-from-fox-news-driving-away-its-audience-will-the-media-landscape-shift-as-a-result/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
I did not know there was a Newsmax TV.  I've known about their news site for a long time.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 08:20:58 AM »
Fox News was always leftist in that it was the "right wing" voice of the leftist narrative.

They were never truly of the right.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
Fox news now projects it has lost it's viewers ...
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?