Author Topic: Want to work from home post pandemic?  (Read 1046 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Want to work from home post pandemic?
« on: November 12, 2020, 09:27:18 AM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Want to work from home post pandemic?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 09:36:23 AM »
I wonder how that would go over here with the Google millionaire employees?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 09:38:29 AM »
I have little doubt that such an idea will soon become popular here in the formerly Good Ole USA
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »
Working from home meant that many people were saving on everyday costs such as travel, lunch, clothes and cleaning, as well as possibly spending less on socializing. However, the report also said it meant remote workers were “contributing less to the infrastructure of the economy whilst still receiving its benefits.”
We want more money.  Those people have money.  Tax them!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 03:26:00 PM »
This would cover the costs of grants for people who can’t work from home and are on lower incomes.

So are they assuming that everyone who is working from home is a CEO or other high-income person? I have a friend who is a mid-level manager for a hospital IT department. He has been working from home for months. Not just him -- his entire department, from his boss and his boss's boss down to the lowliest intern. How did they arrive at the idiotic conclusion that the people who can't work from home are on lower incomes?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 03:30:13 PM »
So are they assuming that everyone who is working from home is a CEO or other high-income person? I have a friend who is a mid-level manager for a hospital IT department. He has been working from home for months. Not just him -- his entire department, from his boss and his boss's boss down to the lowliest intern. How did they arrive at the idiotic conclusion that the people who can't work from home are on lower incomes?

Not to mention all the minimum wage call center people who work from home.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 08:45:20 AM »
I’m sure Kamala’s  advisors are reading the news and will add this to there agenda shortly.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »
What about folks who were working from home before the pandemic?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zahc

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 03:13:31 PM »
People working from home should get a tax credit for not clogging the roads. A quick Google suggests that some countries already have tax credits for home workers
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 07:28:36 PM »
What about folks who were working from home before the pandemic?
Retroactive taxes.

And remember - if you're a homeowner, you're not paying rent. The money you save may eventually be considered to be imputed income and may in the future be taxed. (I actually heard this was considered a few decades back.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 03:32:31 AM »
And remember - if you're a homeowner, you're not paying rent. The money you save may eventually be considered to be imputed income and may in the future be taxed. (I actually heard this was considered a few decades back.)
I pay rent to the government.
 =(