Author Topic: Texas state rep steps in it (attempted Castle Doctrine repeal)  (Read 851 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Texas state rep steps in it (attempted Castle Doctrine repeal)
« on: December 09, 2020, 09:19:42 AM »
State rep Terry Meza introduced HB-196 which essentially strips castle doctrine protections from someone defending themselves in their own home. She also issued a statement that says straight up she's for "equitable redistribution of wealth". She's getting hammered, and rightfully so, on her FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/TerryforTexas

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Texas state rep steps in it (attempted Castle Doctrine repeal)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 09:27:27 AM »
Criminals only carry a weapon into someone else’s house to encourage the homeowner to give up their property without a fight. That’s BS, you come in my house and threaten me and I will shoot you in a second. Your bill to end the Castle Doctrine is a huge mistake.

I only read the bolded part in a comment, but it sounds like the commenter is repeating one of her talking points. Did she actually say this? Anyway, a quick perusal of the link in the OP shows her to be a nutjob in a bubble.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
^^^And just yesterday, I was in a meeting with one of our pathologists, in which she described how her husband was the subject last week of an armed robbery while filling up the car at a local gas station. A 12 year old kid came up, demanded his wallet, and then shot him.  He was rushed to our hospital where the trauma team saved him and the 12 year old kid was arrested.  The pathologist went on at length about how the system had failed the kid and that he was now confined in a horrible place.  I fought hard to not roll my eyes and did not mention how if that had happened to me, I would have returned fire at the kid.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 09:53:05 AM »
^^^And just yesterday, I was in a meeting with one of our pathologists, in which she described how her husband was the subject last week of an armed robbery while filling up the car at a local gas station. A 12 year old kid came up, demanded his wallet, and then shot him.  He was rushed to our hospital where the trauma team saved him and the 12 year old kid was arrested.  The pathologist went on at length about how the system had failed the kid and that he was now confined in a horrible place.  I fought hard to not roll my eyes and did not mention how if that had happened to me, I would have returned fire at the kid.

I had to read your post twice. HER HUSBAND was shot and almost died, and she's going on about the poor shooter?!?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »
"I had to read your post twice. HER HUSBAND was shot and almost died, and she's going on about the poor shooter?!?"

You're surprised?

Really?

Remember where Millcreek lives...

I'm kind of surprised that the dipshit in question isn't:

Apologizing to the kid for being arrested.

Posting his bail.

Fronting money for an attorney.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 10:46:54 AM »
The Texas legislature meets every other year for about 4 or 5 months.  It starts again early 2021.  The leftists here always submit gun control bills.  They normally never make it out of committee.  I don't expect that to change, but we will see.  I need to look at what TSRA and GOA are pushing for pro-gun bills next year.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
Just posted to her facebook page:

The bill, HB196, that you’ve just proposed is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
At no point, in your rambling, incoherent offering were you even close to anything that
could be considered a rational thought.
Everyone in this country is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
I had to read your post twice. HER HUSBAND was shot and almost died, and she's going on about the poor shooter?!?

Maybe she doesn't like her husband?

Given that this is Seattle, the shooter will probably get off with time served and a little counseling, all of which will be expunged from his record.

Then he will shoot someone else.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 11:47:15 AM »

Nowadays it seems like you're suppose to relate to and feel sorry for the criminal and not so much the victim. If only life was fair he wouldn't be a criminal and all that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 12:10:34 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 02:53:30 PM »
Maybe she doesn't like her husband?

Given that this is Seattle, the shooter will probably get off with time served and a little counseling, all of which will be expunged from his record.

Then he will shoot someone else.

I have heard of similar things going on in Houston.  Thugs committing felonies are let off with no prosecution since they don't have a bad record.  They then commit other felonies and get off or a reduced sentence based on having a clean record with no felonies.  Fun stuff. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge