Author Topic: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.  (Read 7000 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Black Rifle Coffee Company is in a sh!tstorm.
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2022, 03:51:21 PM »
That could also describe the guy who was at a range several years ago.

I went to visit a friend in another state for a weekend. He's a shooter, so I took my latest toy to show him -- a mil-surp Mauser 24/47 that I had  modified by removing the rear ladder sight and installing a Picatinny rail that attaches to the original sight base with no mods to the firearm itself. I had a cheap scope on it -- I think it was a 4x that I got from CDNN for around 50 bucks. I also had some Ecuadorian 8mm Mauser surplus ammo.

So we went to my friend's shooting club to try out the Mauser, and play with some of his guns. The range goes out to 200 yards, IIRC, and we were getting groups of around 4 to 5 inches at 200 yards. I was pleased.

A couple of stations over there was a guy with a mega-bucks rifle, topped by a scope that must have cost more than my Jeep (which was fairly new at the time), which he was shooting from a full-on lead sled shooting rest with micrometer adjustments. And with that setup his groups looked more like shotgun patterns. During a break when we went downrange to inspect and change targets, Mr. Bigbux saw my target and asked what I was shooting. When I told him it was a mil-surp Mauser with a $50 scope and mil-surp ammo, he just packed up and went home.

https://youtu.be/_3YNQ2a29hI?t=285
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2022, 05:27:33 PM »
That could also describe the guy who was at a range several years ago.

I went to visit a friend in another state for a weekend. He's a shooter, so I took my latest toy to show him -- a mil-surp Mauser 24/47 that I had  modified by removing the rear ladder sight and installing a Picatinny rail that attaches to the original sight base with no mods to the firearm itself. I had a cheap scope on it -- I think it was a 4x that I got from CDNN for around 50 bucks. I also had some Ecuadorian 8mm Mauser surplus ammo.

So we went to my friend's shooting club to try out the Mauser, and play with some of his guns. The range goes out to 200 yards, IIRC, and we were getting groups of around 4 to 5 inches at 200 yards. I was pleased.

A couple of stations over there was a guy with a mega-bucks rifle, topped by a scope that must have cost more than my Jeep (which was fairly new at the time), which he was shooting from a full-on lead sled shooting rest with micrometer adjustments. And with that setup his groups looked more like shotgun patterns. During a break when we went downrange to inspect and change targets, Mr. Bigbux saw my target and asked what I was shooting. When I told him it was a mil-surp Mauser with a $50 scope and mil-surp ammo, he just packed up and went home.
I never was one to put a lot of trust in custom rifles.  There are some really expensive custom hunting rifles out there.   

I used to know an older guy whose hobby was shooting 22-250 and getting 2 shots in the same hole at 200 yards.  He went to a lot of trouble to do it getting his reloads just right.  He said he had done it once or twice.  I don't think I would have the patience to do that.  Anyway, he had an old custom bolt action he had been shooting for years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2022, 10:39:52 PM »
 my friends brother is acquainted with Kyle! - he moved to Reno.  :cool:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2022, 01:19:52 AM »
I used to shoot competitive benchrest. Five shots in one hole. Expensive rifles, more expensive travel.

And one day I was at a local range, playing with a Savage varmint rifle... A little work done on it, some bedding, stock stuff, and a Tasco Custom Shop 8-40 scope. Worked up a nice load for it.

Next bench over was a guy with a Steyr "Jeff Cooper" rifle.

He didn't look happy.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2022, 07:40:48 AM »
Best 200 yard group I ever got was just a hair under 3/4".

I was shooting my .243 that I had tricked out as a ground hog gun -- heavy barrel, bedded, lots of load development.

It was a true 1/4" or better gun at 100 yards all day long.

I'd never shot it much at longer ranges (due mainly to lack of facilities where I grew up).

I was absolutely ecstatic at that group -- nothing else I shot that day came close to breaking an inch.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »
Best my rifle ever did was .508 at 100yds. Notice I said "my rifle" and not "me shooting my rifle". Loaned it to a buddy who shoots competitively to see what it could really do.

With me behind the scope? On a really good day, benched and bagged, and sans my usual multiple cups of coffee, I can hold to about .75 or so for five shot groups. Most days I consider it a win if I can keep three shots under an inch.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2022, 08:43:36 PM »
BRCC is back in the news.  Look like some investment management group is unhappy with BRCC/Evan Hafer and has filed a suit against BRCC.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lawsuit-filed-against-black-rifle-235900301.html

The letter to BRCC:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/lawsuit-filed-against-black-rifle-235900301.html

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2023, 03:27:04 PM »
Ha ha. The latest deal might be a little worse than the Rittenhouse kerfluffle (they apparently made amends with Kyle, though I only heard about it in the below video).

Hafer is being sued by a former male employee for sexual harassment because said employee wouldn't have butt sex with Hafer. When I tried looking for further info, there seemed to be a whole underground thing about BRCC being a haven for homos and stuff about Mat Best making an ex-girlfriend dildo him.  :rofl:

As the video points out, this harassment supposedly happened in 2016, so it's certainly fair to question why the lawsuit is only happening now.

https://youtu.be/65S_YGAQ_xU
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2023, 03:59:18 PM »
Butt Ranger Coffee Company

>ban me. it was worth it.
7-11 was a part time job.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2023, 04:42:32 PM »
...a whole underground thing about BRCC being a haven for homos and stuff about Mat Best making an ex-girlfriend dildo him. 

Not at all shocked.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2023, 04:57:52 PM »
So this guy had never met Rangers IRL then?

2nd Bn is the source of most of the Army's gay-adjacent joke traditions.

The funny part is the guy suing is the civilian HR person they hired.  It would be on brand for Rangers to hire an HR wonk specifically to do this kind of thing to him. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2023, 05:08:01 PM »
"As the video points out, this harassment supposedly happened in 2016, so it's certainly fair to question why the lawsuit is only happening now."

Took that long to get the bowling trophy dislodged?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2023, 10:08:56 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiicOIp9xu4

The kerfluffle made this week's episode of Gun Meme Review.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2023, 10:42:49 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiicOIp9xu4

The kerfluffle made this week's episode of Gun Meme Review.

I did find it pretty hilarious that Hafer threw "Mountain Jew" around as fellas just kidding around about the Mormons while at the same time crying about people picking on him because of his "Jewish identity".  :rofl:

Brovet has to learn to take it if he's gonna dish it out.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."