Author Topic: Air Force Urban Warfare Training  (Read 490 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Air Force Urban Warfare Training
« on: December 03, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »
Apparently enviros and some others have sued to stop the Air Force from doing urban warfare training in Idaho.

https://www.idahopress.com/news/national/us-air-force-appeals-ruling-against-urban-training-in-idaho/article_1f46e132-699e-5daa-9c77-c67ee78e848e.html

I'm not an expert, but it looks like maybe this was training for precision air strikes? Or maybe high rez, near-real time mapping for ground maneuvers.

Anyway, I didn't know it was going on in the first place, but found it interesting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Air Force Urban Warfare Training
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 12:06:08 PM »
Whiny bastages, it wasn't that long ago if the townies got wind of an exercise like this they would be out watching and trying to figure out who was who. Now you get this, even in Idaho. Bunch of latte drinking, enviro-weenies who cant take a few seconds out of their conversation because of the sound of freedom flying overhead, or perhaps we can just call them transplants from you know where!

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 12:17:48 PM »
Whiny bastages, it wasn't that long ago if the townies got wind of an exercise like this they would be out watching and trying to figure out who was who. Now you get this, even in Idaho. Bunch of latte drinking, enviro-weenies who cant take a few seconds out of their conversation because of the sound of freedom flying overhead, or perhaps we can just call them transplants from you know where!

bob

I know, right? Gowen Field has the coolest planes in the military stationed there. I love it when I'm in the area and they're in the air.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/124th_Fighter_Wing

This really still is a very pro-military place, but as usual, it just takes a couple of enviros to mess something up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
I saw a local wacko on Facebook sure that trump was planning something to take over the country a week before the election because military flights were way up. No dummy, you live on the edge of the national forest right under the ingress route to a training area and the military that has been somewhat shut down by Rona just got lots of fancy new fiscal year money. Morons
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.