Author Topic: Former Head of Israel’s Space Program: The Aliens Asked Not To Be Revealed  (Read 1661 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I just hope it's not that horrible Xenu.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Sorry guys, nothing to the story.

Snopes has spoken on the issue  :laugh:

Galactic Federation? NASA Releases Statement Following Alien Rumors
The truth is out there, but this probably isn't it.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/12/08/galactic-federation-nasa-aliens/

Or, if Snopes debunks it does that mean it's true?  ???
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
The only possible explanation is that the aliens have killed the staff at snopes and it is now being run by lizard people wearing their skins
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
But they would willingly turn over all decisions, deferring to the superior intelligence (authority) of the "advanced" aliens in most everything.

I wouldn't, others might, but I'm not very interested in what others do . . .

<<snip>>

If you accept the possibility of an alien race of beings who for all practical purposes are as gods compared to us humans, then why not accept the possibility of a supreme alien(s) who sits at the very top of the hierarchy?

I accept both possibilities as equally likely.   =D
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
The only possible explanation is that the aliens have killed the staff at snopes and it is now being run by lizard people wearing their skins
You are assuming they were ever real people. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If you accept the possibility of an alien race of beings who for all practical purposes are as gods compared to us humans, then why not accept the possibility of a supreme alien(s) who sits at the very top of the hierarchy?

Never forget what happened to the Husnock!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
Never forget what happened to the Husnock!

Don't provoke a Q level being

Or the Borg for the matter
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Former Head of Israel’s Space Program: The Aliens Asked Not To Be Revealed, Humanity Not Yet Ready
https://www.jewishpress.com/news/media/former-head-of-israels-space-program-the-aliens-asked-not-to-be-revealed-humanity-not-yet-ready/2020/12/05/

This is the link I saw first.   =)
Former Head Of Israel’s Space Division: Aliens Are Real, Trump ‘Was On The Verge’ Of Confirming
https://www.dailywire.com/news/former-head-of-israels-space-division-aliens-are-real-trump-was-on-the-verge-of-confirming

Galactic Federation?  Yeah, whatever.  That sounds like bad science fiction, which is totally consistent with everything that's come out of the UFO enthusiast community for decades and decades.

These folks live for official "disclosure", which is always, whatever year you're in,  just around the corner.  Eisenhower knew.  (He made a deal with them, dont-cha-know.).  Kennedy knew.  Etc.  And now Trump knows.  It's like a laser pointer for a cat -- they can't help always chasing "disclosure".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 02:37:42 PM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Probably pretty easy to type up a bunch of top secret bogus documents about dealings with aliens, and then just sit back and see who can't keep their mouth shut and who might be a security risk.  =D

The universe is just too big, and too lousy with stars and planets for there not to be alien life somewhere. However, you've got to add onto that the odds that alien life evolves to sentience/sapience, tools, and technology. Evolution is a blind random process and doesn't have "goals". These final developments like we enjoy could be millions to one or even billions to one.

So even with trillions of planets in a galaxy, you could have millions of life bearing ones, but still have less than 1:1 odds of there being a technological species in any given galaxy.

And most people don't really get on a gut level what kind of technology it takes to do interstellar travel on an "at will" basis. If/when we take our first stabs at reaching the nearest stars, society, and what it means to be "human" will likely be unrecognizable to us today. Or Computers/AI/machines will be doing it for us. And those who know better tend to dumb it down by several orders of magnitude, like hard(er) SF authors, for the sake of having a plot, and understandable situations and motivations.

Interstellar travel tech implies insanely high technology throughout a civilization. "Fast" travel, if possible, implies control over the fabric of space-time itself. And "slow" travel still implies an insanely high level of technology because it implies scientific and engineering prowess that can make a ship and devices that can last for thousands of years and keep running.

The only realistic depiction of aliens to make it to a movie was probably 2001, where the inscrutable monoliths were an almost abstract extension of what remained of the technology of aliens who'd long disappeared into possibly some hyper-evolved abstraction themselves. And the Monoliths did their own thing for their own reasons. The monolith didn't show up at Area 51 and make secret deals with government officials.

Best we can tell, the monoliths plan was to give apes the idea to hit each other with rocks and bones. Then one hid on the moon to wait a few million years to see if that paid off, then another one orbited Jupiter to see if any of us made it that far.

Aliens that are enough like us to want to keep secrets, and make secret deals with governments to hide their existence from the wider population would be like you or I trying to sneak into an anthill and try to explain our existence to the queen, but ask that she not tell the workers. Problem is, the queen is still just an ant.
I promise not to duck.

WLJ

• friends
And because, in all the Galaxy, they had found nothing more precious than Mind, they encouraged its dawning everywhere. They became farmers in the fields of stars; they sowed, and sometimes they reaped. And sometimes, dispassionately, they had to weed.
3001: The Final Odyssey
- Calvin and Hobbes