Author Topic: Who needs a gun?  (Read 1227 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Who needs a gun?
« on: December 15, 2020, 09:36:13 AM »
No one needs a gun, that's what the police are for.
When seconds count the police are only minutes hours days *expletive deleted*ck it, they're not coming. Well, except maybe to draw a chalk outline.

Thousands of calls go unanswered in police-defunded New York City – this is supposed to make people safer?
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/new-york-cuts-police-funding-lets-thousands-of-calls-go-unanswered/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:28:27 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Who needs a gun?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:20:02 AM »
Hey, cut them some slack.  It will take time to spin up teams of trained social workers to replace the cops.  You'll start seeing wonderful results in just a few more years.  Be patient.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:14 AM »
They better stock up on chalk then, going to be lots of chalk outlines of social workers
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 10:24:32 AM »
I heard a comment from someone in Florida that they have seen a lot more NY plates this winter.

So is NYC becoming a real life Gotham?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 10:25:58 AM »
I heard a comment from someone in Florida that they have seen a lot more NY plates this winter.

More like a Naked City ....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 10:28:41 AM »
1970's NYC here we come.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 10:38:51 AM »

The leftist contagion spreads.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
All restaurants cities will be Taco Bell Detroit*

*Or insert your favorite dem S hole
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:56:34 AM »
The problem is one side will blame firearms (not reduced LEO) as the problem.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 11:37:55 AM »
The problem is one side will blame firearms (not reduced LEO) as the problem.

I think it's just reduced accountability.  Not firearms or LEOs.

Privatize gain, socialize loss.  Not just for the stock market any more, it also holds true to education, family life, housing, criminal behavior, and interpersonal friendships and social interactions.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 11:42:37 AM »
More like a Naked City ....

It'll be more like Escape from New York except without the walls. Will be no need for them since the entire country will be pretty much the same or headed there.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 01:55:23 PM »
Eighty eight percent. Of all inmates who were arrested on gun charges in New York City this year, 88 percent of the 3,793 who were arrested were released due to 1) NYC’s new bail reform law (which eliminated bail for many crimes) and/or 2) the city’s COVID-related jail release policy.

Meanwhile, shootings in The Big Apple are up a whopping 96 percent. It’s all a mystery.

Proof we definitely need to ban "assault" weapons. Only a science denier would say otherwise

New York City Has Released Nearly All Their Gun Crime Offender Inmates in 2020
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-city-releases-nearly-all-gun-offender-inmates-in-2020/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 10:41:14 PM »
I think it's just reduced accountability.  Not firearms or LEOs.

Privatize gain, socialize loss.  Not just for the stock market any more, it also holds true to education, family life, housing, criminal behavior, and interpersonal friendships and social interactions.

There's plenty of accountability under the new, Leftard Woketocracy; just the wrong kind.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »
Louisville 2020 murders nearly double 2019 numbers (160 so far vs 88). Gee, I wonder why?
City dims are blaming it on poverty while down playing all other factors.
- Calvin and Hobbes