Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 119735 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 05, 2023, 10:08:34 AM »
Welcome to Waffle House Airlines

EXCLUSIVE: Bra exposed and wigs flying, mother and daughter are seen trading blows with Spirit Airlines agents in video of wild airport brawl after they were hit with extra fees at the gate for their oversized carry-on baggage
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11707233/Spirit-Airlines-agents-seen-trading-blows-passengers-Philly-airport.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1051 on: February 05, 2023, 10:29:40 AM »
Do these idiots morons subhumans actually think throwing hands will let them get their way.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 05, 2023, 10:52:10 AM »
Officers spoke to everyone involved but have not made any arrests...

Well, THERE'S your problem! :facepalm:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1053 on: February 05, 2023, 01:08:08 PM »
Do these idiots morons subhumans actually think throwing hands will let them get their way.

I'm guessing it's that "honor culture" thing at work.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1055 on: February 06, 2023, 04:01:33 PM »
Welcome to Waffle House Airlines

EXCLUSIVE: Bra exposed and wigs flying, mother and daughter are seen trading blows with Spirit Airlines agents in video of wild airport brawl after they were hit with extra fees at the gate for their oversized carry-on baggage
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11707233/Spirit-Airlines-agents-seen-trading-blows-passengers-Philly-airport.html
I didn't see any pictures of the luggage.  I am curious just how "over sized" it was.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1056 on: February 06, 2023, 04:11:11 PM »
Modern Disney:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1622245619929698305

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/06/this-is-fine-disney-show-helmed-by-gal-w-not-at-all-secret-gay-agenda-pushes-crt-lunacy-on-kids/

Some of the comments were lamenting that Disney used to be a child safe brand.  I would question that.  IMO, the best you can say is they were a whole lot more subtle with their messaging.  I am sure the subtlety is still there, but flies under the radar with crap like this.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1057 on: February 06, 2023, 04:48:28 PM »
Some of the comments were lamenting that Disney used to be a child safe brand.  I would question that.  IMO, the best you can say is they were a whole lot more subtle with their messaging.  I am sure the subtlety is still there, but flies under the radar with crap like this.

True. Disney has been controversial for quite some time.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1058 on: February 06, 2023, 07:54:04 PM »
This should be a crime:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/06/dr-jordan-peterson-has-opinions-regarding-the-worlds-youngest-transgender-model/

And speaking of, this was the comment that captured it all:

This is all going to end with a crime scene
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1060 on: February 07, 2023, 08:32:11 AM »
Remember the 6 year old that shot a teacher?
Well it gets even more bizarre. Makes you wonder what his home life is like.

Boy, 6, who shot and wounded his teacher 'constantly swore at staff, tried to whip them with his belt and choked another teacher until she couldn't breathe'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11720109/Boy-six-shot-teacher-allegedly-tried-choke-whipped-pupils.html
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 09:13:30 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1061 on: February 07, 2023, 09:14:03 AM »
True. Disney has been controversial for quite some time.
I recall when I was a kid, my Mother complained about Disney's adaptation of stories she read (not cartoons).  The original books had a great deal about the character's Christian faith and all that was stripped out in the movies.  In her opinion, they had been anti-Christian for a long time. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1062 on: February 07, 2023, 11:04:03 AM »
Meanwhile

Trans Lives Matter protesters occupy Oklahoma Capitol building to fight GOP bill that bans gender-confirming surgery for under 21s
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11722439/Trans-Lives-Matter-protesters-occupy-Oklahoma-State-Capitol-building.html

Some of the bills propose a ban on state funds being used for gender reassignment care or surgery for anyone under the age of 18.
The organizers of yesterday's event call the legislation  'genocide', claiming restricting youths' access to the the care will rive them to suicide.

"Genocide"
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1063 on: February 07, 2023, 11:06:23 AM »
"Genocide"
Self-genocide?  That's a new one for me.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1064 on: February 07, 2023, 11:32:23 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1065 on: February 11, 2023, 11:39:23 AM »
Definitely something in the water

'As a long-time social movement activist and anarchist, Jen did not believe in state violence, carceral punishment, or incarceration as an effective or just solution to social violence and inequity,' they wrote.

They added: 'We know Jen would not want to continue the cycle of harm by bringing state-sanctioned violence to those involved in her death or to other members of Oakland's rich community.'

In fact, she once bragged on Facebook that she had taught her employees to do what she does and 'never call the cops.'

Left-wing activist baker who believes in abolishing police dies after robbers mowed her down at bank in Oakland - victim's family say killers shouldn't go to jail as murders soar 50%
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11739419/Left-wing-activist-baker-believes-abolishing-police-dies-robbers-mowed-down.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1066 on: February 11, 2023, 12:12:23 PM »
Interesting that they use the term "social violence".  Always trying to blame horrible acts on anything other than the individuals who committed them. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1067 on: February 11, 2023, 12:40:26 PM »
Given her beliefs, why was she chasing them? It's pretty obvious that they were just redistributing wealth, and likely engaging in active reparations, so she should have been good with that. Probably should have thanked them for their wokeness. Maybe that's why she was chasing them? To apologize for being white?

And her survivors want alternatives other than incarceration for the perpetrators?

How about the gas chamber. That's an alternative.

Jesus Christ, left-wing ideology is more and more a mental disease, not a political stance.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1068 on: February 11, 2023, 06:15:47 PM »
Remember the 6 year old that shot a teacher?
Well it gets even more bizarre. Makes you wonder what his home life is like.

Boy, 6, who shot and wounded his teacher 'constantly swore at staff, tried to whip them with his belt and choked another teacher until she couldn't breathe'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11720109/Boy-six-shot-teacher-allegedly-tried-choke-whipped-pupils.html

If only there had been any signs the kid was predisposed to violence, maybe we could have intervened before he shot some one.

Oh well. I guess there's no way to tell until the shooting starts.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1069 on: February 11, 2023, 08:57:48 PM »
If only there had been any signs the kid was predisposed to violence, maybe we could have intervened before he shot some one.

Oh well. I guess there's no way to tell until the shooting starts.

I'd read that before.  My first thought then (& now) is how the hell was a 6 year old able to choke out an adult?  Did the teacher not fight back??  Or at least break the hold???

Second thought was, yeah, what the hell was going on in that household?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1070 on: February 11, 2023, 09:34:41 PM »
I'd read that before.  My first thought then (& now) is how the hell was a 6 year old able to choke out an adult?  Or at least break the hold???

Having seen a number the videos on genderbending put out by tutti fruity haired things in teaching positions, yeah, I could see a six year old choking them out.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1071 on: February 11, 2023, 09:46:19 PM »
Having seen a number the videos on genderbending put out by tutti fruity haired things in teaching positions, yeah, I could see a six year old choking them out.

In self defense.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1072 on: February 11, 2023, 11:14:10 PM »
I'd read that before.  My first thought then (& now) is how the hell was a 6 year old able to choke out an adult?  Did the teacher not fight back??  Or at least break the hold???

Second thought was, yeah, what the hell was going on in that household?

I suspect that even in a self-defense situation the teacher would be crucified for touching the child.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1073 on: February 12, 2023, 07:57:45 AM »
Only in a mad world would saying "only US citizens should vote in US elections" be controversial.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim-jordan-criticized-saying-only-americans-should-vote-american-elections

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1074 on: February 12, 2023, 08:03:15 AM »
I still don't understand how removing urinals would stop guys from peeing standing up. Maybe it's a generational thing, but when I use a public toilet where there are no urinals, (like the single toilets often found in gas stations or convenience stores) I still pee standing up. I'm polite and kick the seat up with my foot before I go, but I'm not sitting down. I don't have urinals in my home and don't sit down to pee here either.

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/02/12/urinal-ban-new-hampshire-students-stand-up-for-the-right-to-stand-up-to-pee/

Also, salient comment from the link:

One of the great mysteries of our time has to be how these LBGTQ+ activists suddenly became so influential in our culture and politics. This is insane.