Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120370 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1075 on: February 12, 2023, 08:11:01 AM »
I still don't understand how removing urinals would stop guys from peeing standing up. Maybe it's a generational thing, but when I use a public toilet where there are no urinals, (like the single toilets often found in gas stations or convenience stores) I still pee standing up. I'm polite and kick the seat up with my foot before I go, but I'm not sitting down. I don't have urinals in my home and don't sit down to pee here either.

https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/02/12/urinal-ban-new-hampshire-students-stand-up-for-the-right-to-stand-up-to-pee/

Also, salient comment from the link:

Saw an article on that earlier but couldn't make heads or tails on just what the boys were protesting. The article with the way it was written gave the impression the boys were protesting on the side of removing the urinals for trans rights.

Has the media labeled these boys MAGA far right extremists yet?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:43:30 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1076 on: February 12, 2023, 08:22:42 AM »
The world is "mad" because we live in a world of stories that are lies.

We're old, many of the stories we were told growing up still had some element of truth or were based in reality. As time went by the stories told to the youth changed and they lost their tether to truth and reality.

There are at least a couple generations now who believe "mad" stories, those stories are nested in false stories that are nested in meta-stories that are lies. Whatever facts that are marshalled are contextualized in a false narrative, ie lies.

It's phony baloney plastic bananas all the way down.

You can't really reason with people who are so entangled in lies and delusions. Unless you manage to convince them to examine their presuppositions and foundational premises. Few people are willing to willingly embrace mental/spiritual anguish by hazarding an existential crises and work this stuff out for themselves. 

Turns out, IMHO, it really is a Logos/truth/reality vs Chaos/lies/delusion battle ... all the way down.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1077 on: February 12, 2023, 09:44:55 AM »
Our school systems needs an enema.
Bet he also thinks it should be okay for him to have "relations" with the kids too.

A pre-kindergarten teacher and early childhood professor repeatedly attacked the idea of "childhood innocence" and claimed that early childhood teachers should introduce children to gender ideology at the youngest ages, Fox News Digital found.
He went on to attack the idea that children shouldn't be exposed to "sexuality," claiming that "such a view is a very white, Christian, upper-class, cis-gendered, and hetero-centric."

"Not talking about Queerness in the Classroom, is NOT Letting Children be Children. It's Telling Those people They Do Not Deserve to Exist," he said in September 2021. "Kids are never too young."

Pre-K teacher attacks idea of 'childhood innocence,' claims toddlers not too young for 'sexuality' discussion
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pre-k-teacher-attacks-idea-childhood-innocence-claims-toddlers-not-too-young-sexuality-discussion
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 10:01:41 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1078 on: February 13, 2023, 09:20:56 AM »
Meanwhile in the City of Brotherly Love

Eagles fans march on Philadelphia City Hall as they scale lampposts, chant 'f*** the Chiefs' and face down with cops as they're sprayed with tear gas - following narrow 38-35 loss to Kansas City
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11743871/Eagles-fans-march-city-scale-lampposts-chant-f-Chiefs-face-cops.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1079 on: February 13, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »
^^^

Of all the ridiculous things that cause morons to violently protest, destroying things because your sports team loses may rank even higher on the moron scale than antifa protests for me.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1080 on: February 13, 2023, 09:25:52 AM »
^^^

Of all the ridiculous things that cause morons to violently protest, destroying things because your sports team loses may rank even higher on the moron scale than antifa protests for me.

Think it would have been any different if they had won?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1081 on: February 13, 2023, 09:32:49 AM »
So I guess no flowers for his mother on mother's day?

A Yale University professor has sparked outrage by suggesting the only way to deal with Japan's rapidly aging population is a mass suicide and disembowelment.

Yusuke Narita, an assistant professor of economics at Yale, defended his views in a New York Times profile this weekend after he made the remarks on a streaming news program in 2021.

'I feel like the only solution is pretty clear,' he said at the time. 'In the end, isn't it mass suicide and mass 'seppuku' of the elderly?'

Yale University economics professor sparks outrage by proposing mass suicide and disembowelment of elderly people in Japan to deal with the country's rapidly aging society
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11743113/Yale-University-economics-professor-sparks-outrage-proposing-mass-suicide-Japan.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1082 on: February 13, 2023, 10:18:10 AM »
So why is he here in the US instead of Japan?  And how many kids does he have?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1083 on: February 13, 2023, 10:21:57 AM »
He'll leave some at her headstone.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1084 on: February 13, 2023, 10:56:51 AM »
Bumper crop this morning and it's not even 11;00 yet.

I guess another new term to know: Chemsex

When people gather anonymously to talk about dancing in the shadow of drugs and sex, the energy in the room glows with a warm ball of white light. This feeling, I think, must be the immanence of healing. So much shame and secrecy is still attached to chemsex — a term that refers to using substances such as methamphetamine, GHB/GBL, and newer synthetic drugs such as 3-MMC while engaging in casual and often group sex. To evade public scrutiny, the act is often facilitated online using coded language (“Party and Play,” “PnP,” “Tina”) or even specific emojis (diamond, rocketship). Rarely is this subject discussed beyond hookup apps — and even less so outside the gay male scenes where the term originates from.

Journo asks: ‘Is it finally time to destigmatize’ getting high on meth and hooking up with randos?
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/13/journo-asks-is-it-finally-time-to-destigmatize-getting-high-on-meth-and-hooking-up-with-randos/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1086 on: February 13, 2023, 01:30:27 PM »

Yale University economics professor sparks outrage by proposing mass suicide and disembowelment of elderly people in Japan to deal with the country's rapidly aging society
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11743113/Yale-University-economics-professor-sparks-outrage-proposing-mass-suicide-Japan.html

And another one:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/02/13/yikes-we-thought-the-nyt-piece-promoting-mass-suicide-was-bad-but-this-dick-guys-thread-is-even-worse/

Didn't we just firebomb our freedoms, our economy, and our children's futures to save the elderly from COVID? Now they're just a burden we have to eliminate?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1087 on: February 13, 2023, 01:48:04 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1088 on: February 13, 2023, 02:16:44 PM »
Just when you thought that Fentanyl overdoses could not get any worse: meet tranq.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/zombie-drug-police-addiction-services-warn-horrific-new-fentanyl-mix-tranq-has-arrived-in-seattle
Zombie drug: Police, addiction services warn horrific new fentanyl mix 'tranq' has arrived in Seattle

A new drug called "Police"?  Maybe I should have kept reading.   =)

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1089 on: February 13, 2023, 02:21:04 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 13, 2023, 02:43:29 PM »
Just when you thought that Fentanyl overdoses could not get any worse: meet tranq.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/zombie-drug-police-addiction-services-warn-horrific-new-fentanyl-mix-tranq-has-arrived-in-seattle

Cool! Where do I sign up? Does the VA offer it?</Sarcasm></LightenUp></DarkHumor>
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1091 on: February 13, 2023, 03:12:06 PM »
^^^The first thing I thought of was the buzz around using 'krokodil' in Russia a decade ago.  It also had horrific wounds associated with injection of the drug.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desomorphine

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1092 on: February 13, 2023, 05:11:39 PM »
One of the great mysteries of our time has to be how these LBGTQ+ activists suddenly became so influential in our culture and politics. This is insane.

It’s less a mystery than one might think. One thing people misunderstand about the rainbow alphabet rights movement is that it’s just one part of the left wing. It’s not a stand-alone movement, made up only of the sexually dysfunctional. So it is a small group with outsized clout, but not the group so many people think it is.

One of the keys to their success has been to borrow the moral authority of the black civil rights movement, trying to cast themselves as similarly-disfavored minority group. That, I think, is partly why they pushed the “born this way / not a choice” message so hard. That’s not really what the evidence showed; it was just a better fit for their victim narrative. It’s commonly said that there’s an unusually large number of homosexuals working in the film and television industry, so it was probably easy to get the media to portray them the way they preferred.

One move by the “gay agenda” that’s not often discussed was GLAAD’s formal request to the AP, to soften the language the press was using to describe them. They knew the term “homosexual” was too plain-spoken, and clinical, so they told the AP it was “offensive.” Instead, they wanted the press to use more approachable, slang terms like “gay” and “lesbian.”

https://www.glaad.org/2010/11/23/glaad-at-25-persuading-the-associated-press-to-restrict-use-of-a-problematic-word

“Homosexual” is a neutral, descriptive term, and obviously the term most suitable for the press to use. It doesn’t take any longer to say (it certainly takes less effort to write/type) than the phrase “gay and lesbian,” but the press was probably eager to go along with the change.

What really put them over the top was the marriage issue. That goes back to their having black-faced their movement. It was easy for them to claim, however speciously, that two women who want to “marry” one another are the equivalent of an interracial, heterosexual couple, in the 1960s. Anyone who disagrees is somehow a bigot. Instead of explaining why millennia of tradition and practice ought to be set aside, the alleged right to same-sex marriage was simply asserted, sans evidence.  There was, somehow, a right to have a foundation of society redefined, to accommodate something only rarely practiced in human history, and certainly no part of most cultures’ idea of marriage. It certainly didn’t help that religion was in decline, leaving Westerners w/o a basis for much of anything in their culture. Pointing to the religious nature of marriage was seen as illegitimate, while the gaygenda’s appeal to “but I want to” was beyond question.

It was no coincidence that immediately after the Court forced this new sort of “marriage” on all 50 states, the rights of wedding service providers was under assault, followed by the demand we all forget bedrock facts about sex differences. And now, as predicted by many, pedophilia is up for debate. Also, Canada is pushing euthanasia. And that's just the tip of the 'berg, of course.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1093 on: February 15, 2023, 10:45:27 AM »
Replace female with 'egg-producing' and avoid using the term 'fitness', woke scientists say in push to get rid of 'harmful' phrases
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11750613/Woke-researchers-call-term-fitness-banned-ableist.html

Some members of the Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) Language Project, founded by scientists in the US and Canada, wrote that 'much of western science is rooted in colonialism, white supremacy and patriarchy' which 'continue to permeate our scientific culture'.

What scientific terms were deemed 'harmful'?

Harmful term: blind / double blind / plant blindess

Context: Disability metaphor

Replacement : Awareness

Harmful term: feminized / masculinized

Context: Feminized implies that 'feminine' and 'masculine' are biological traits rather than social constructs

Replacement : Describe the specific traits

Harmful term: man / woman

Context: Highly anthropomorphic / Biases towards men or male traits

Replacement: Male or female / Human

Harmful term: survival of the fittest

Context: Eugenics, ablelism, and social Darwinism

Replacement: Natural selection / Survival differences

Harmful term: Gender

Context: Gender, a social construct, is often conflated with sex

Replacement: Sex

Harmful term: Male/female

Context: These terms are used to reinforce societally-imposed ideas of a sex binary, emphasising cis-normative and hetero-normative views

Replacement: Sperm-producing/egg-producing or XY/XX individual

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1094 on: February 15, 2023, 12:43:04 PM »
These loons are beyond parody at this point.

And they are the establishment!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1095 on: February 15, 2023, 12:53:59 PM »
Harmful term: Male/female

Context: These terms are used to reinforce societally-imposed ideas of a sex binary, emphasising cis-normative and hetero-normative views

Replacement: Sperm-producing/egg-producing or XY/XX individual

Insert the sperm-producing copper plumbing fitting into the egg-producing copper plumbing fitting.

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing-Pipe-Fittings-Fittings-Copper-Fittings/N-5yc1vZ1z18i3b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig446isvXlI
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1096 on: February 15, 2023, 03:01:25 PM »
Replace female with 'egg-producing' and avoid using the term 'fitness', woke scientists say in push to get rid of 'harmful' phrases
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11750613/Woke-researchers-call-term-fitness-banned-ableist.html

No, thanks, I will continue to live and talk like a human being.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1097 on: February 15, 2023, 03:52:15 PM »
Longer list

Full list of all 24 'harmful' terms scientists want to ban - including 'female', 'survival of the fittest' and 'invasive': Here's what they want to say instead…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11754413/Full-list-24-harmful-terms-scientists-want-ban-including-female-invasive.html

Of note

slave and/or master / slave-making ants / slavery    Normalizes slavery and colonoliasm as a natural phenomonen in the wild, which if harmful to cultures and people of color subjugated to these practices and does not represent the animal behavior accurately.    host and parasite / 'pirate' ants / coercion

Only people of color were ever enslaved
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1098 on: February 15, 2023, 05:28:40 PM »
Longer list

Full list of all 24 'harmful' terms scientists want to ban - including 'female', 'survival of the fittest' and 'invasive': Here's what they want to say instead…
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11754413/Full-list-24-harmful-terms-scientists-want-ban-including-female-invasive.html

Of note

Only people of color were ever enslaved

And it was always white Europeans who did the enslaving. Always.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1099 on: February 15, 2023, 07:02:53 PM »
So if you see a Twitchy post about a "disturbing dive into Lia Thomas' [Will Thomas'] social media," I'd advise skipping it. It's equal parts disgusting, pitiful, and just generally sad.

You're welcome.