Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 118715 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 04, 2023, 01:40:04 PM »
So the Navy is using a drag queen (who is in the Navy) to boost recruiting...

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/05/02/navy-sailor-reportedly-performs-in-drag-to-boost-morale/

EDIT: It appears unclear if the Navy is actually actively using this guy for recruiting. They appear okay with his extracurricular activities though.

Navy drag "queens" nothing new.
1989, somewhere beneath the surface Mediterranean sea.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1501 on: May 04, 2023, 02:28:35 PM »
Navy drag "queens" nothing new.
1989, somewhere beneath the surface Mediterranean sea.

Without context, I might have said it was from a line crossing.  :laugh:

Do you do them in boats, RKL?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1502 on: May 04, 2023, 02:33:49 PM »

I think it is just sub guys doing what sub guys do after not seeing the sun for days/weeks on end. ;)

bob

eta: Between going over the line and Chief's initiations (RIP) the Navy is no stranger to men dressing as women, but they didn't make a life out of it AFAIK. ;)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1503 on: May 04, 2023, 03:13:10 PM »

This was a halfway night on a Northern run deployment, up under the ice and back down in to the Barents Sea. I originally said Mediterranean run then I  remembered that the guy on the right didn't come on board till after that run. We were 110 days away from home port with 89 days continuously submerged.

Subs did line crossing ceremonies. I never crossed the equator (Shellback) but did cross the Arctic Circle (Bluenose) and we had a rather interesting ceremony for that event.. Crossing the date line (Golden Dragon) wasn't a big deal and we didn't do anything for that but we did get a fancy certificate. If they still do such ceremonies I would suspect that they are a far cry from what we did "back in the day".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1504 on: May 04, 2023, 05:01:50 PM »
This was a halfway night on a Northern run deployment, up under the ice and back down in to the Barents Sea. I originally said Mediterranean run then I  remembered that the guy on the right didn't come on board till after that run. We were 110 days away from home port with 89 days continuously submerged.

Subs did line crossing ceremonies. I never crossed the equator (Shellback) but did cross the Arctic Circle (Bluenose) and we had a rather interesting ceremony for that event.. Crossing the date line (Golden Dragon) wasn't a big deal and we didn't do anything for that but we did get a fancy certificate. If they still do such ceremonies I would suspect that they are a far cry from what we did "back in the day".

Indeed.  We do line crossing ceremonies on Army Vessels, but exactly what happens is up to the crew, and most have a strictly enforced no cameras rule.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1505 on: May 04, 2023, 06:21:31 PM »
So the Navy is using a drag queen (who is in the Navy) to boost recruiting...

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/05/02/navy-sailor-reportedly-performs-in-drag-to-boost-morale/

EDIT: It appears unclear if the Navy is actually actively using this guy for recruiting. They appear okay with his extracurricular activities though.

Not that much of a stretch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1506 on: May 06, 2023, 12:21:02 PM »
Bet they'll start asking for his Oscar to be revoked.

Legendary actor Richard Dreyfuss condemned Hollywood’s new inclusivity standards in strong terms during a recent interview, claiming they make him "vomit."

Dreyfuss, who’s starred in "Jaws," "Close Encounters of the Third Kind," and many other classic Hollywood films, blistered the new diversity and inclusion guidelines that will be implemented at the Academy Awards starting next year.

The guidelines must be adhered to by any film in the running for a "Best Picture" Oscar.

The actor continued, claiming that such guidelines stifle creativity and risk. "And what are we risking? Are we really risking hurting people’s feelings? You can’t legislate that? And you have to let life be life."

Dreyfuss further claimed he doesn’t believe any group in society today that should be given special treatment. He said, "And I’m sorry, I don’t think there’s a minority or a majority in the country that has to be catered to like that."

Let the stoning begin!

‘Jaws’ star Richard Dreyfuss blasts Hollywood inclusion standards: ‘They make me vomit’
https://www.foxnews.com/media/jaws-star-richard-dreyfuss-blasts-hollywood-inclusion-standards-they-make-me-vomit
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1507 on: May 06, 2023, 05:02:12 PM »

Emma Vigeland on the Majority Report today says that the desire to feel safe on public transit is bourgeois and explains how one time she suppressed those bourgeois feelings when she was assaulted on the subway by a mentally ill vagrant, as everyone should pic.twitter.com/YNqg5r7trW

— Ed Gentry 🛶☀️ (@SunnyMarmalaid) May 4, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/05/06/peoples-discomfort-with-lunatics-on-the-subway-is-privileged-and-bourgeois/

Well I guess if me sitting there with my AR-15 makes her uneasy.........

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1508 on: May 07, 2023, 06:27:44 PM »
So any opinion that makes a tranny or a racial minority "feel unsafe" is a horrible, violent, felony hate crime. But if some white chick sees a naked dude in the girls' shower, or gets slapped around on the subway, she's being "fragile."

OK, got it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1509 on: May 07, 2023, 07:01:21 PM »
So any opinion that makes a tranny or a racial minority "feel unsafe" is a horrible, violent, felony hate crime. But if some white chick sees a naked dude in the girls' shower, or gets slapped around on the subway, she's being "fragile."

OK, got it.

And as a tangent, as we have discussed this before, and I get it that maybe we don't know the full situation, or people are afraid of (like the Marine) being arrested if they step into a situation. But when a woman pleads "help me" with this look on her face, sorry, I'm stepping in, even if I get arrested. I couldn't live with myself if I did nothing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1654381107498958848
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1510 on: May 07, 2023, 09:11:31 PM »
And as a tangent, as we have discussed this before, and I get it that maybe we don't know the full situation, or people are afraid of (like the Marine) being arrested if they step into a situation. But when a woman pleads "help me" with this look on her face, sorry, I'm stepping in, even if I get arrested. I couldn't live with myself if I did nothing:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1654381107498958848
Last time I saw that I got the impression there were a few or more people behind the camera and that is why the guy left. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1512 on: May 09, 2023, 09:17:33 PM »
Actress states that all three of her children are "queer". If there is science to "queerness" and gender fluidity at birth, as the lgbts claim, then all three of her children being "queer" has to be, statistically, highly improbable. Social (or perhaps parental) pressure though, would make it much more probable.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/actress-marcia-gay-harden-attacks-lgbtq-laws-revealing-children-queer

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1513 on: May 09, 2023, 09:28:43 PM »
Mental illness loves company
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1514 on: May 15, 2023, 08:21:24 AM »
Speaking of mental illness

Nothing to see here, this is perfectly normal

Extreme body modification fan dubbed 'Satan' reveals he's now branded his face with a soldering iron - after cutting off his ears and nose
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12084905/Extreme-body-modification-fan-dubbed-Satan-reveals-new-look.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1515 on: May 15, 2023, 05:49:48 PM »
Sick.  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1516 on: May 15, 2023, 06:09:55 PM »
Speaking of mental illness

Nothing to see here, this is perfectly normal

Extreme body modification fan dubbed 'Satan' reveals he's now branded his face with a soldering iron - after cutting off his ears and nose
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-12084905/Extreme-body-modification-fan-dubbed-Satan-reveals-new-look.html

I have wondered what is going on inside of the minds of people who are into extreme body modification or plastic surgery addicts. Can you hold a normal conversation with them?

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1517 on: May 15, 2023, 09:53:18 PM »
Hot Air has an article today about something that happened 2 years ago. The children's show [sic] Blue's Clues had a pride parade episode. If that wasn't enough (in a children's cartoon), the episode featured a beaver with mastectomy scars.

https://hotair.com/tree-hugging-sister/2023/05/15/when-even-pre-school-kids-cartoon-beavers-have-mastectomy-scars-n550844

…This is a genuine screenshot from the Blue’s Clues pride parade and a spokesperson for Nick confirmed to us that these markings are indeed scars from top surgery.

(And even Snopes admits this is true.)

However, I would like to remind APS members that what is really happening here is that the trans community is under unprecedented attack by right-wing fascists, and Ron DeSantis won't let you say "gay."  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1518 on: May 18, 2023, 02:43:57 PM »
In discussing the death of Jordan Neely on a NYC Subway after he threatened multiple folks on the train and three bystanders stepped in to stop him, the NY Times unironically opines that a bystander may be morally obligated to step in if they see someone being a danger to others:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1659213539574153216?s=20

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/17/nyregion/jordan-neely-killing-bystanders-nyc.html

During a wave of heated protests near and inside the Broadway-Lafayette Street subway station where the F train was sitting when Mr. Penny choked Mr. Neely, some demonstrators focused on those who merely watched.

Arrest “everyone that was on that train,” read one protester’s sign. “Love and protect your fellow man. Don’t move here if you’re scared of your neighbors,” read another. It added: “If you watch someone choke and attack/kill another, you are complicit. You are responsible.”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1519 on: May 18, 2023, 03:12:05 PM »
If the races were reversed the NYT would be singing love songs for Penny
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1520 on: May 18, 2023, 09:22:40 PM »
I guess someone just needed a lot of fertilizer. 

California Officials Investigating Loss of 30-Ton Shipment of Explosive Chemicals
https://www.kqed.org/news/11949697/california-officials-trying-to-track-down-missing-30-ton-shipment-of-explosive-chemicals

Some 60,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate, a chemical used as both fertilizer and a component in explosives, went missing as it was shipped by rail from Wyoming to California last month, prompting four separate investigations.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1522 on: May 19, 2023, 10:02:23 AM »
She's not a High School kid, but it seems like a pregnant woman should have the same ability to hit the MSM with a winning lawsuit:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/05/19/nbc-dropped-for-joining-propaganda-fueled-racist-dog-pile-on-6-month-pregnant-nurse-over-bike-she-rented/

BLUF: A video went viral showing a "privileged white woman" using tears to steal a rental bike from a black man. Turns out the black guy was stealing her bike. The MSM and social media hammer fell on the woman, and she was suspended from her job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1523 on: May 19, 2023, 10:39:48 AM »
More

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for an apology

Harpy ‘journalista’ who doxxed six-months-pregnant nurse over fake racist bike video fact-NUKED
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/05/19/harpy-journalista-who-doxxed-six-months-pregnant-nurse-over-fake-racist-bike-video-fact-nuked/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1524 on: May 19, 2023, 04:18:24 PM »
Another example of someone wanting you to pay the price for their bad life choices

And she wants you to pay for it.

How about you walk instead? You may even loose a ton or two.

Plus-size influencer demands FAA and airlines give fat flyers as many FREE seats as they need to spread themselves out - and admits other passengers may have to foot the bill
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11976173/Plus-size-creator-creates-petition-try-force-airlines-offer-larger-passengers-bigger-seats.html

Now we got another one who wants attention.

A plus-size TikToker is arguing that airlines should make plane aisles wider to accommodate larger passengers, calling the current layout “discrimination.”

The woman, who posts to the platform as Big Curvy Olivia, shared a video this week showing herself struggling to traverse a United Airlines plane, having to turn sideways as she walked past the rows of seats.

“Honestly, it’s discrimination that they can’t build wider aisles in airplanes 2023,” she wrote on the clip, which has landed about 700,000 views.

Good Mother of God.  Maybe she should check with UPS about renting a cargo 747 or walk.

I can’t fit in the plane aisle — it feels like discrimination
https://nypost.com/2023/05/18/i-cant-fit-in-the-plane-aisle-it-feels-like-discrimination/

- Calvin and Hobbes