Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 118147 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1575 on: May 31, 2023, 01:01:42 PM »
Man shoots pro-life activist during argument, receives "sentence" of community service, and $347.19 fine:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-man-sentenced-community-service-shooting-elderly-pro-life-volunteer

I suppose we should be thankful Biden didn't give him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

He was just doing the DOJ's work for them, attacking a pro-lifer. He should get some kind of recognition.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/community-family/jury-acquits-catholic-activist-abortion-clinic-volunteer
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1576 on: May 31, 2023, 01:07:18 PM »
That's okay, at least he didn't commit the crime of putting his feet up on Pelosi's desk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1577 on: May 31, 2023, 01:33:55 PM »
From a Washington Post hit piece on home schooling:

A conscious rejection of biology and history - doesn't that sound a lot like the transgenderism and 1619 garbage they're pushing in public schools? Not to mention all the times public schools have been caught violating first-amendment religious rights (speaking of rejecting contemporary ideas about religion & government).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/interactive/2023/christian-home-schoolers-revolt/
[Yes, probably behind a paywall. Not everything on the internet is free.]

It's behind a paywall, but it was my "one free article"  :laugh:  It's a rather lengthy article, and it is indeed a hit-piece on homeschooling in particular and Christians in general.  Comments are disabled; I wonder why?
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1578 on: May 31, 2023, 01:49:50 PM »
This should be 18 years.

meh.  He ND'd into an aggressive trespasser.  Maybe she should have left his yard instead of arguing with his wife and waving a clipboard around.  Sentence seems OK for "two aholes collide" with no lasting damage.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1579 on: May 31, 2023, 02:51:11 PM »
meh.  He ND'd into an aggressive trespasser.  Maybe she should have left his yard instead of arguing with his wife and waving a clipboard around.  Sentence seems OK for "two aholes collide" with no lasting damage.
If the narrative in the article is correct, pay for her medical costs/rehab would be better than prison.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1580 on: May 31, 2023, 02:52:11 PM »
If the narrative in the article is correct, pay for her medical costs/rehab would be better than prison.

... plus a hefty fine for being a dumbass.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1581 on: May 31, 2023, 03:14:58 PM »

I was making another one of my 06JAN references regarding equal application of the law.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1582 on: May 31, 2023, 04:02:54 PM »
It's behind a paywall, but it was my "one free article"  :laugh:  It's a rather lengthy article, and it is indeed a hit-piece on homeschooling in particular and Christians in general.  Comments are disabled; I wonder why?

Over decades, they have eroded state regulations, ensuring that parents who home-school face little oversight in much of the country. More recently, they have inflamed the nation’s culture wars, fueling attacks on public-school lessons about race and gender with the politically potent language of “parental rights.”

But what should be a moment of triumph for conservative Christian home-schoolers has been undermined by an unmistakable backlash: the desertion and denunciations of the very children they said they were saving.

Former home-schoolers have been at the forefront of those arguing for greater oversight of home schooling, forming the nonprofit Coalition for Responsible Home Education to make their case.

I don't claim to know much about home-schooling, and maybe the CRHE has some good policy proposals, for all I know. But it is telling that the WaPo characterizes them as asking for oversight, while parents' complaints about what the public schools are doing to their own children are referred to as "attacks."

Christina did not describe on Instagram how perplexed she and Aaron had been by a ritual that the other parents seemed to understand; how she had tried, in unwitting defiance of school rules, to accompany Aimee inside, earning a gentle rebuke from the principal.

Seems like that should tell you something.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1583 on: May 31, 2023, 05:21:02 PM »
"oversight" is a loaded word.  Asking the kids to pass a test to get a diploma (or equivalent) is one thing.  I think they want home inspections and forced curriculum. 

Of course, they are assuming that the public schools are teaching the kids and assuming the home school parents are not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1584 on: May 31, 2023, 05:26:14 PM »
"oversight" is a loaded word.  Asking the kids to pass a test to get a diploma (or equivalent) is one thing.  I think they want home inspections and forced curriculum. 

Of course, they are assuming that the public schools are teaching the kids and assuming the home school parents are not.

Here's what they want:

https://responsiblehomeschooling.org/advocacy/

And they're not just saying the parents aren't teaching. They're alleging abuse.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1585 on: May 31, 2023, 06:01:58 PM »
They aren't stupid.  They know that if they are going to abort or sterilize their children, they are going to need unfettered access to other children to ensure their philosophy goes forward. 

Taking kids out of schools, and downplaying the importance of colleges is an existential threat to the primacy of leftist, collectivist culture.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1586 on: May 31, 2023, 06:08:11 PM »

Let me know when they start attacking Muslims in the same way. I'll have some popcorn ready to pop [popcorn]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1587 on: June 01, 2023, 09:35:15 AM »
Here's what they want:

https://responsiblehomeschooling.org/advocacy/

And they're not just saying the parents aren't teaching. They're alleging abuse.
From their website:  "Since our founding, scores of homeschool alumni have come forward with stories of abuse or educational neglect, "

Scores . . . out of many how many millions of homeschooled kids? I wonder how that compares to publik skuul alumni who experienced abuse or educational neglect. I remember a fairly recent story about a group of schools in Baltimore with ZERO students passing basic math proficiency:

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/state-test-results-23-baltimore-schools-have-zero-students-proficient-in-math-jovani-patterson-maryland-comprehensive-assessment-program-maryland-governor-wes-moore

That's ONE public school system from ONE city . . . bet the total of affected children is more than "scores."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1588 on: June 01, 2023, 09:47:23 AM »

An ND?  Stories differ about that:

Harvey said he fired a warning shot.

On the other hand, Jacobson claimed she was walking away when she was shot. Just as she was leaving, she says Harvey came out of a barn on the property, holding a gun.

“I no sooner saw the man when I heard the shot, and I felt pain,” said Jacobson. “I was so stunned. He didn’t say anything to me, she didn’t say anything to me, I didn’t say anything to them.”

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/ionia/man-accused-of-shooting-right-to-life-volunteer-gets-probation-community-service

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1589 on: June 01, 2023, 08:20:18 PM »
California County Judge Robbed Right Outside Court House In Soros-Backed Prosecutor’s District
https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-county-judge-robbed-right-outside-court-house-in-soros-backed-prosecutors-district

On Thursday, Kron 4 reported that local police confirmed that three masked individuals carrying firearms mugged a judge heading into work. Per a local Fox affiliate, the victim was Judge Kevin Murphy. The individuals took his “personal belongings,” according to police. The alleged crime occurred at 8:50 a.m. local at a parking garage located right outside of the René C. Davidson Courthouse building in Alameda County.

I guess we shouldn't feel too bad for the judge.
Unfortunately for the judge, Price’s track record suggests she will go lenient on his assailants if they are ever caught.

Price, a progressive who has been supported by George Soros-funded groups in the past, has done a miserable job since coming into office earlier this year. She believes in a soft-on-crime approach, often lowering punishments for violent offenders while showing disregard for victims.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1590 on: June 02, 2023, 12:18:10 PM »
Taliban moving captured US military vehicles and Soviet tanks to Iranian border
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/taliban-iran-captured-us-military-vehicles/?utm_term=Task%26Purpose_Today_06.02.23&utm_campaign=Task%20%26%20Purpose_TPToday_Actives_Dynamic&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email

In addition to M117s and Humvees, the Taliban also uses American-made MaxxPro Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles and M113 armored personnel carriers, said Vishal Sengupta, a research analyst at Janes, a defense intelligence firm.

Okay, so US made military vehicles used to fight Iran.  Sounds like the best result we could hope for.   =)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1591 on: June 02, 2023, 12:19:46 PM »
Saw something on that a few days and kept thinking "Do they really want to piss off the Iranians? cause they don't play nearly as nice as we do"
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1592 on: June 02, 2023, 12:28:45 PM »
An ND?  Stories differ about that:

Harvey said he fired a warning shot.

On the other hand, Jacobson claimed she was walking away when she was shot. Just as she was leaving, she says Harvey came out of a barn on the property, holding a gun.

“I no sooner saw the man when I heard the shot, and I felt pain,” said Jacobson. “I was so stunned. He didn’t say anything to me, she didn’t say anything to me, I didn’t say anything to them.”

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/ionia/man-accused-of-shooting-right-to-life-volunteer-gets-probation-community-service

Man I dunno, I was just going off the article you posted in Reply 1571.

Harvey told the station that despite being told to leave, the woman continued "ranting and raving" and waving her clipboard.

"I’m thinking she’s going to smack Sharon with it. So without thinking, I went to club it away with the rifle and my finger was still in the trigger guard. It went off and hit her about in here," he told the station, pointing to his right shoulder.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1593 on: June 02, 2023, 01:38:18 PM »

Man I dunno, I was just going off the article you posted in Reply 1571.

Yeah, that is true.  The "stories" are wildly contradictory.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1594 on: June 02, 2023, 02:47:56 PM »
 Fashion magazine cover featuring pregnant transgender man Logan Brown sparks outrage: ‘Could not sink any lower’
https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/fashion-magazine-cover-featuring-pregnant-transgender-man-logan-brown-sparks-outrage/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1595 on: June 02, 2023, 04:40:48 PM »
I've got nothing

KJP: "We can't continue to see our kids in communities being killed. We talk about Roe v. Wade, and really making that the law of the land."

🤔 pic.twitter.com/mtM9g2yuq7

— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) June 2, 2023

I kept looking for a cut in the video but didn't see one

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1664712602239352833

KJP: ‘Can’t continue to see kids in our communities killed,’ stresses importance of abortion rights
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/06/02/kjp-cant-continue-to-see-kids-in-our-communities-killed-stresses-importance-of-abortion-rights/
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1596 on: June 02, 2023, 04:52:10 PM »
Fashion magazine cover featuring pregnant transgender man female pretending to be a male Logan Brown sparks outrage: ‘Could not sink any lower’
https://nypost.com/2023/06/02/fashion-magazine-cover-featuring-pregnant-transgender-man-logan-brown-sparks-outrage/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost

FTFY.

You would think in the real world if a human is pregnant it would be a given it is female no matter what it thinks or what it wants others to think.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1597 on: June 02, 2023, 05:01:33 PM »

You would think in the real world if a human is pregnant it would be a given it is female no matter what it thinks or what it wants others to think.

Science denier! Science says men can get have periods and get pregnant! The science is settle you nazi!

and the text was their headline copied and pasted
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:27:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1598 on: June 02, 2023, 06:20:45 PM »
I've got nothing

I kept looking for a cut in the video but didn't see one

https://twitter.com/townhallcom/status/1664712602239352833

KJP: ‘Can’t continue to see kids in our communities killed,’ stresses importance of abortion rights
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/06/02/kjp-cant-continue-to-see-kids-in-our-communities-killed-stresses-importance-of-abortion-rights/

She said the quiet part out loud.  The administration would rather see kids killed in the womb rather than chancing them being killed outside the womb.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1599 on: June 03, 2023, 10:10:43 AM »
No singing of the Star Spangled Banner in the US Capitol. Ok, I get that they apparently have a rule about no singing without special permission, but the kids had permission, including from the Speaker, and the US Capitol Police statement lied, saying they didn't have permission:

“The Congressional staff member who was accompanying the group knew the rules, yet lied to the officers multiple times about having permission from various offices. The staffer put both the choir and our officers, who were simply doing their jobs, in an awkward and embarrassing position.”

Maybe someone will pick up on this and pay for the kids to go sing it a sportsball game somewhere - they do a better job than some of the "professionals" I have heard.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/06/03/speaker-mccarthy-want-to-know-why-capitol-police-interrupted-childrens-choir-singing-natl-anthem/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."