Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 114758 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1600 on: June 03, 2023, 12:08:39 PM »
She said the quiet part out loud.  The administration would rather see kids killed in the womb rather than chancing them being killed outside the womb.
Depends on where they see abortion rights stopping.  How old is the fetus before an abortion cannot be performed?  I get to thinking some of these people don't see any sort of limit on that (meaning infanticide or murder).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1601 on: June 03, 2023, 03:50:01 PM »
Depends on where they see abortion rights stopping.  How old is the fetus before an abortion cannot be performed?  I get to thinking some of these people don't see any sort of limit on that (meaning infanticide or murder).

A large number of people believe in abortion until birth. Several US states have no gestational age limit to abortion.  CO and AK have had abortion legal until birth for some time now.  MN just eliminated any restrictions on abortion.  MN also eliminated a legal requirement to try and preserve the life of children who survive abortion.

https://www.lifenews.com/2023/03/28/minnesota-bill-would-allow-infanticide-let-babies-die-who-survive-abortions/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1602 on: June 03, 2023, 05:55:37 PM »
The party of abortion eventually moved on to molesting and mutilating children after they're born. Just sayin...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1603 on: June 03, 2023, 10:58:54 PM »
Just remember one thing - that "pregnant man" on that cover is NOT a man but a surgically altered freak.   :facepalm:  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1604 on: June 05, 2023, 12:03:03 PM »
    Is this person a woman? pic.twitter.com/30EQ7KsU6t

— Dr Ahmad Malik (@DocAhmadMalik) June 4, 2023

Person they're asking about is Dylan Mulvaney

Here come the SCIENCE! answers

OBGYN here and the answer is yes.

Move on and stop spreading hate. https://t.co/DVvK8KTg2h

— Dr. Jennifer Lincoln | OBGYN (@DrJenLincoln) June 4, 2023

Gynecologist here. The answer is yes. And you’re a bigot. Not a good look for a physician https://t.co/YV74OBgDn8

— Michele Quinn, MD, FACOG (@drquinngyn) June 4, 2023

:facepalm:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/05/gynecologist-corncobs-herself-in-defense-of-dylan-mulvaney-and-trans-womens-womanhood/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1605 on: June 05, 2023, 12:07:17 PM »
I wonder what the answers would have been if the question was 'is this person a biological female'?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1606 on: June 05, 2023, 12:16:37 PM »
I wonder what the answers would have been if the question was 'is this person a biological female'?
I think it is interesting that Drs. Lincoln and Quinn emphasized their expertise in fields specific to females.  If "woman" doesn't mean "adult, human female" then why would it matter whether or not they are OBGYNs?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 12:35:19 PM by cordex »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1607 on: June 05, 2023, 12:33:45 PM »
I think it is interesting that Drs. Lincoln and Quinn's emphasized their expertise in fields specific to females.  If "woman" doesn't mean "adult, human female" then why would it matter whether or not they are OBGYNs?

This. Not every woman needs a gynecologist, biggots! [clown emoji]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1608 on: June 05, 2023, 02:11:29 PM »
Bring your children!

INSANE: Tempe AZ’s first annual ALL AGES “Pride Party” featured a LGBTQ rapper performing songs about GAY/ANAL SEX and converting straight men GAY through sex acts to a crowd that included INFANTS & CHILDREN

LGBTQ ADULTS can be seen dancing along with kids, alcohol was sold pic.twitter.com/KlcaISFUmz

— Drew Hernandez (@DrewHLive) June 5, 2023

This is the LGBTQ rapper REALXMAN rapping about GAY/ANAL SEX to INFANTS that the city of Tempe approved

His IG promotes the belief that members of the LGBTQ community are Divine Beings and should be revered as such

Watch: https://t.co/bwLdqEDwsF

Event Details:… pic.twitter.com/aSum3KNYR9

— Drew Hernandez (@DrewHLive) June 5, 2023

Where's that *expletive deleted*ing asteroid?

Some parents took downtown Tempe up on invitation to bring kids to sexually charged Pride event
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/05/some-parents-took-downtown-tempe-up-on-invitation-to-bring-kids-to-sexually-charged-pride-event/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1609 on: June 05, 2023, 02:20:04 PM »
I think it is interesting that Drs. Lincoln and Quinn emphasized their expertise in fields specific to females.  If "woman" doesn't mean "adult, human female" then why would it matter whether or not they are OBGYNs?

The debate in healthcare on 'sex' vs. 'gender' is ongoing.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1610 on: June 05, 2023, 02:40:02 PM »
Thank you, I am aware that there are a variety of opinions out there.  I'm saying that by the claimed standards of someone like these doctors who appear to believe that sex and gender are independent, claiming expertise based on a sex-specific practice is self-defeating.  If their expertise is relevant, then "woman" is related to "female".  They are essentially saying:  "I know a woman when I see one because I specialize in female anatomy!"

If sex and gender are, as they seem to believe, independent then just because they know about biological females they have no relevant expertise regarding women.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #1611 on: June 05, 2023, 02:41:56 PM »

Does genetics enter into that debate, or is it just boys is boys and girls is girls?

Haven't been following this thread since I don't care much about it.  ("Let everybody go to hell in their own handbasket.")  But I have noticed informally that just about every characteristic of every species seems to fall along a continuum.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1612 on: June 05, 2023, 02:46:43 PM »

I think that the degree of connection can be debated, but no one that is intellectually honest can reasonably claim that all forms of gender expression are decoupled from biological sex.

The various studies on societies that have maximized egalitarian gender social policies and the outcome on population level preferences have pretty much squashed the "They are completely separate" arguments.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender-equality_paradox

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1613 on: June 05, 2023, 03:29:30 PM »
I am peripherally involved right now with a workplace event.  A patient made a complaint to the state Human Rights Commission that one of our staff deliberately misgendered the patient during a recent hospital stay.  The staff in turn filed a union grievance that any misgendering, if any, was inadvertent, not deliberate, and the policy on addressing patients by their preferred name and pronouns violated their religious beliefs, and they should not face any workplace discipline for this.

I am sitting in the back of the conference room watching all these high-priced labor lawyers arguing this and I think that we (the employer) are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am sure the legal bills on both sides are up to the tens of thousands by now.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1614 on: June 05, 2023, 03:30:58 PM »
I am peripherally involved right now with a workplace event.  A patient made a complaint to the state Human Rights Commission that one of our staff deliberately misgendered the patient during a recent hospital stay.  The staff in turn filed a union grievance that any misgendering, if any, was inadvertent, not deliberate, and the policy on addressing patients by their preferred name and pronouns violated their religious beliefs, and they should not face any workplace discipline for this.

I am sitting in the back of the conference room watching all these high-priced labor lawyers arguing this and I think that we (the employer) are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am sure the legal bills on both sides are up to the tens of thousands by now.

It's like waking through a minefield where the mines are rearranged every night nowadays
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1615 on: June 05, 2023, 03:39:09 PM »
That's a patient that needs firing.

Out of a cannon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1616 on: June 05, 2023, 03:41:22 PM »
Person they're asking about is Dylan Mulvaney

Here come the SCIENCE! answers

:facepalm:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/05/gynecologist-corncobs-herself-in-defense-of-dylan-mulvaney-and-trans-womens-womanhood/

Somebody is not happy with the responses they're getting

ARGLE BARGLE RAR! Gynecologist who insisted Dylan Mulvaney is a woman gets BIG MAD at being mocked
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/06/05/argle-bargle-rar-gynecologist-who-insisted-dylan-mulvaney-is-a-woman-gets-big-mad-at-being-mocked/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1617 on: June 05, 2023, 05:05:12 PM »

Speaking only as a patient and customer of the medical industry, I don't want medical personnel spending time on how to address my "social gender". I want them to provide correct medical treatment to me, a human male. Especially for male-related medical issues.

When medical professionals start asking me if I've ever been pregnant or if I menstruate, I'll probably give up on Western medicine and start seeing a witch doctor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1618 on: June 05, 2023, 05:20:18 PM »
Modern medicine.

TG male to female @ Dr's Office

Dr: You have BPH, will need to start meds.

TG: What is BPH?

DR: Enlarged prostate

TG: But I am woman!!

DR: Not today you aren't

TG: Aghhhh, misgendered, will have you canceled

DR: Take your meds, don't take your meds. When you can't pee go see urologist

TG: I am leaving, you don't know how body works!!!

DR: Here is script for meds and referral for psychiatrist, have a day.

Some may think this is fiction but let me tell you a story or two.  ;/

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1619 on: June 05, 2023, 05:38:58 PM »
Speaking only as a patient and customer of the medical industry, I don't want medical personnel spending time on how to address my "social gender". I want them to provide correct medical treatment to me, a human male. Especially for male-related medical issues.

When medical professionals start asking me if I've ever been pregnant or if I menstruate, I'll probably give up on Western medicine and start seeing a witch doctor.

As someone who looks unambiguously male, we will still address you and treat you as such automatically.  It is only if you start making a stink about it that we will ask which options you prefer.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1620 on: June 05, 2023, 05:46:09 PM »
To be fair, there probably is a place for medical intervention for someone suffering from massive and fundamental delusions stemming from mental illness and leading to self-harm.  By which I mean addressing the underlying condition where possible, and using management strategies to reduce those harms where it is not.

The medical industry has largely adopted actively encouraging self harm as a standard of care (at least regarding a subset of delusions).  That does not strike me as a good thing for the patients, although it apparently has benefits for the doctors and hospitals who profit from it. 

I wonder if it will likewise eventually become profitable to "affirm" other psychological conditions that lead to self harm.  "Yes miss, despite weighing only 85 pounds, if you feel like you're fat you should continue to starve yourself.  I'm happy to install a lap band and proscribe you diet pills!"

At that point, you essentially already are ...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1621 on: June 05, 2023, 05:57:08 PM »
While we're on the subject

A local surgeon specializing in gender reassignment has come under heavy fire recently, as his critics complain he is still stubbornly only offering "male" or "female" as options.

"This doctor is so behind the times," said Trixie Sunbreeze, an LGBTQ+ activist who has identified as 38 different genders in the last 6 weeks. "How can you present yourself as a friend to the trans community when you hatefully only allow people to become males or females? As if those are the only two genders! BIGOT!"

:rofl:

Bigoted Gender Surgeon Still Only Offering 'Male' And 'Female'
https://babylonbee.com/news/bigoted-gender-surgeon-still-only-offering-male-and-female
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1622 on: June 05, 2023, 06:06:17 PM »
As someone who looks unambiguously male, we will still address you and treat you as such automatically.  It is only if you start making a stink about it that we will ask which options you prefer.

In fairness, and also partially addressing Cordex's point: Though I only go to the doctor once or twice a year, I have yet to run into any "gender" stuff. I suppose that is more likely to happen in places like Seattle and other big blue cities.

I understand people will still go through with these surgeries, and that the medical industry, following the Hippocratic Oath, will treat them, physically and psychologically. I just don't want to see the standard "lowest common denominator" approach, where I'll have to fill out ridiculous paperwork regarding biological processes my body does not have, or have any of my medical treatment affected, simply so that 1% of the population can feel validated.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1623 on: June 05, 2023, 06:07:44 PM »
While we're on the subject

:rofl:

Bigoted Gender Surgeon Still Only Offering 'Male' And 'Female'
https://babylonbee.com/news/bigoted-gender-surgeon-still-only-offering-male-and-female

This was another occasion where I had to read to the end of the post to make sure it was a Babylonbee satire.  It's getting harder to tell if you just skim the post.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1624 on: June 05, 2023, 06:08:40 PM »
This was another occasion where I had to read to the end of the post to make sure it was a Babylonbee satire.  It's getting harder to tell if you just skim the post.

It will be reality in a week or two if it's not already.
- Calvin and Hobbes