Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120636 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1650 on: June 07, 2023, 04:51:52 PM »
When did the Babylon Bee start reporting real news?
March 1, 2016.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1651 on: June 07, 2023, 04:57:16 PM »
While we laugh at articles on the Babylon Bee the libs are taking notes.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1652 on: June 07, 2023, 05:11:25 PM »
"This issue has unfortunately does put… some Muslim families on the same side of an issue as White supremacists and outright bigots," said Democrat Kristin Mink of Montgomery County Council for District 5. "I would not put you in the same category as those folks, although, you know, it's complicated because they're falling on the same side of this particular issue."

Funny how they've no such qualms about treating other people's moral convictions as bigotry. When my religious beliefs are bigotry, but Muslims get a little extra consideration, that must be an example of the Christian privilege folks have been talking about.

Also, the same thing, but in Canada:

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2023/06/06/canadas-tolerance-meter-just-broke-n1701078
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1653 on: June 07, 2023, 05:25:31 PM »
The Log Cabin Republicans (homosexual GOP) tell the "Human Rights Campaign" to "read a history book."  =D

https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/06/07/log-cabin-republicans-to-human-rights-campaign-read-a-history-book-n556390

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1654 on: June 12, 2023, 01:43:34 PM »
A Wisconsin county is considering a resolution declaring sanctuary status for self-identified "transgender and nonbinary individuals," including children.

Board supervisors in Dane County, which includes the state capital of Madison, will vote on a resolution "declaring Dane County a sanctuary for trans and nonbinary individuals," at the county board meeting this Thursday after it was referred to the executive committee earlier this month.

"In this hostile environment, some cities and counties across the country are taking steps to support and protect trans and nonbinary individuals," the resolution states. "Dane County values its transgender and nonbinary residents and vigorously opposes measures that would allow legal violence toward trans people in accessing gender-affirming care or expression."

The resolution states the county’s position that it’s a "fundamental right" for children to access sex-reassignment drugs and procedures.

And what measure are they talking about that "would allow legal violence toward trans people in accessing gender-affirming care or expression"

Wisconsin county considers sanctuary status for transgender kids
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wisconsin-county-considers-sanctuary-status-transgender-kids
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1655 on: June 12, 2023, 04:21:28 PM »
And what measure are they talking about that "would allow legal violence toward trans people in accessing gender-affirming care or expression"

Probably an intentional mischaracterization of laws/proposals to regulate or ban transgender procedures or grooming.  As we know, the Left is trans-honest.

Aaaand now we have something called "Drag Floyd," which is the theory that TPTB are hoping to provoke "anti-trans" violence. Plus, Biden reportedly dispatching federal agents to safeguard the precious pride events.

Not sure "Drag Floyd" makes sense, though. If Antifa tried to have another summer of love*, could they really do it on that basis? A lot of the people that showed up for BLM riots just wouldn't be interested in trans issues.

*I guess that would the summer of the love that dare not speak its name.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 05:03:04 PM by Perd Hapley »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1656 on: June 12, 2023, 05:11:33 PM »
Plus, Biden reportedly dispatching federal agents to safeguard the precious pride events.

I heard that this morning. It really grinds my gears.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1657 on: June 12, 2023, 05:12:04 PM »
Probably an intentional mischaracterization of laws/proposals to regulate or ban transgender procedures or grooming.  As we know, the Left is trans-honest.

Aaaand now we have something called "Drag Floyd," which is the theory that TPTB are hoping to provoke "anti-trans" violence. Plus, Biden reportedly dispatching federal agents to safeguard the precious pride events.

Not sure "Drag Floyd" makes sense, though. If Antifa tried to have another summer of love*, could they really do it on that basis? A lot of the people that showed up for BLM riots just wouldn't be interested in trans issues.

*I guess that would the summer of the love that dare not speak its name.

Related

The Nashville shooter is brought up as an example

The portmanteau of 'trans' and 'ANTIFA' is exactly what you'd expect — far-left transgender activists willing to intimidate, harass and even use violence to advance their radical new ideas about gender.

Much like ANTIFA, they're not a formal group of card-carrying members, with the term 'Trantifa' coined on social media to highlight the strong transgender presence within the anarchist outfit.

So-called Trantifa members are a small group of trans activists on the edges of the movement who post angry rhetoric online and gather at rallies.

UN investigator Reem Alsalem told DailyMail.com 'screaming trans activists' were a worrying and 'increasing trend' that must be tackled. 

The new face of extremism unmasked: The UN and Republicans are watching 'Trantifa' - the hard-left transgender activists who flirt with violence to promote their radical agenda
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11995903/The-new-face-extremism-unmasked-Republicans-watching-trantifa.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1658 on: June 12, 2023, 05:51:03 PM »
Think they're determined to make the word genocide basically meaningless just like they've done with the word racism

ABC News reports that transgender people are fleeing genocidal anti-LGBTQ states
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/12/abc-news-reports-that-transgender-people-are-fleeing-genocidal-anti-lgbtq-states-n2384447
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1659 on: June 13, 2023, 10:15:45 AM »
Meanwhile at the pride party at the White House

A trans activist has sparked outrage after she bared her breasts at a White House Pride party attended by Joe Biden.

Rose Montoya, 27, unhooked the top of her dress and grabbed her chest on the South Lawn as someone shouted, 'are we topless at the White House?'
'This is the White House not a hookers-n-blow photo from Hunter's laptop': Conservatives slam White House Pride party as a 'disgrace to our country' after trans model bared her breasts
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12189617/Conservatives-slam-White-House-Pride-party-trans-model-bared-breasts.html

And she/he/it/whatever wasn't the only one

Trans activists flaunt bare breasts at White House Pride Month event
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trans-activists-flaunt-bare-breasts-white-house-pride-month-event
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1660 on: June 13, 2023, 10:57:32 AM »
Meanwhile at "Noooooope, I'm not clicking any of those links" ...

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1661 on: June 13, 2023, 11:08:39 AM »
Worried you might think they are nice tits?  =D =D >:D >:D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1662 on: June 13, 2023, 03:30:02 PM »
A little push back from an an unexpected source

Students at Marshall Simonds Middle School in Burlington, Massachusetts, were asked to wear rainbow-colored shirts to celebrate Pride Month on June 2, but a preplanned protest broke out with students tearing up Pride flag stickers and chanting: 'USA are my pronouns.'

Decked out in red, white and blue, the students destroyed the decorations lining the hallway the student organization Spectrum Group distributed, including a quote from American playwright Tennessee Williams, signage saying the school was a 'safe space' and 'equality for everyone' decorations.

'I was shocked and horrified,' Nila Almstrom, a parent of an LGBT student, said at a town hall meeting about the protest.

Massachusetts middle school students tear down rainbow decorations and chant their pronouns are 'U.S.A.' during Pride celebration: Officials slam 'intolerance and homophobia'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12190331/Massachusetts-students-tear-rainbow-decorations-chant-pronouns-U-S-A.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1663 on: June 13, 2023, 04:46:42 PM »
I'm surprised that the White House is being so anti-everything and so intolerant.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1664 on: June 13, 2023, 07:11:37 PM »
Worried you might think they are nice tits?  =D =D >:D >:D

I clicked it and must admit he had a pretty competent surgeon for the top part. ;)

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1665 on: June 14, 2023, 12:30:26 PM »

ABC News reports that transgender people are fleeing genocidal anti-LGBTQ states
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/06/12/abc-news-reports-that-transgender-people-are-fleeing-genocidal-anti-lgbtq-states-n2384447

If disfiguring children is that important to them…

When people talk about the possibility of another civil war, I used to always point out that the left-right divide isn’t nearly as neatly separated into two different regions of the country, compared to the situation in 1860. Now, with so many people voting with their feet, things are getting a little more 1860-ish.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1666 on: June 14, 2023, 01:55:09 PM »
 So it's Flag Day. I thought I'd check in, so we could see what kind of Flag Day display Ultimate Patriot Joe Biden has going for us at the White House right now.

https://www.earthtv.com/en/webcam/washington-white-house

Hmmmm. Decorating the White House with giant flags is more of a Pride Month observance thing, I guess. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1667 on: June 14, 2023, 10:01:15 PM »
All-Muslim Michigan City Council Bans “Pride” Flag Displays on Government Property With Passage of Flag Neutrality Resolution
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/06/all-muslim-michigan-city-council-bans-pride-flag/

The revolt against the radical LGBTQI+ takeover of the U.S. won another battle this week with the all-Muslim Hamtramck City Council, located near Detroit, Michigan, unanimously voting on Tuesday to ban the display on government property of flags that promote religion, sexuality, race, ethnicity or political groups. By definition the measure bans government displays of the “Pride” flag, the Black Lives Matter flag, Blue Lives Matter, etc.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1668 on: June 15, 2023, 07:45:24 AM »
What? No exceptions for the PLA/Hamas flag?

Allah ain't happy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1669 on: June 15, 2023, 07:48:39 AM »
What? No exceptions for the PLA/Hamas flag?

Allah ain't happy.

From the link

The proposal called for the ban of all but five flags from being flown on city properties — including the American flag, the state of Michigan flag, the Hamtramck flag and the Prisoner of War flag. The fifth one is known as the nations’ flag, one that represents the countries from which the city’s immigrant residents hail and reflects the community’s international character.

I could see someone claiming that gives them a loophole if loophole is the right word.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 08:03:02 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1670 on: June 16, 2023, 09:13:59 AM »
Glad our military is staying focused on what their job is

'Since January of this year, more than 400 anti-LGBTQ+ laws have been introduced at the state level,' said Burt, the Space Force's deputy chief of space operations.

'That number is rising and demonstrates a trend that could be dangerous for service members, their families, and the readiness of the force as a whole,' the general added.

Burt explained that in some cases, the most qualified candidate for a transfer or promotion might be passed over, if the laws in the state of the new posting could negatively impact them or their families.

I call BS

Space Force general gives blistering speech at Pentagon Pride event slamming more than 400 anti-LGBTQ state-level bills she claims are forcing her to hire 'less qualified' candidates
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12200991/Space-Force-general-slams-state-level-anti-LGBTQ-bills-blistering-speech.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1671 on: June 16, 2023, 09:17:59 AM »
From the link

I could see someone claiming that gives them a loophole if loophole is the right word.

Well Allah be praised!

JIHAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1672 on: June 16, 2023, 09:56:13 AM »
Glad our military is staying focused on what their job is

I call BS

Space Force general gives blistering speech at Pentagon Pride event slamming more than 400 anti-LGBTQ state-level bills she claims are forcing her to hire 'less qualified' candidates
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12200991/Space-Force-general-slams-state-level-anti-LGBTQ-bills-blistering-speech.html
How much do state laws affect promotion of military personnel?  I would also like to see where that "400" number comes from.

'Since January of this year, more than 400 anti-LGBTQ+ laws have been introduced at the state level,' said Burt, the Space Force's deputy chief of space operations.
Ok, "introduced" which is a meaningless number if you can't follow up with how many passed into law. 

'I consider their job performance and relevant experience first. However, I also look at their personal circumstances, and their family is also an important factor.

'If a good match for a job does not feel safe being themselves and performing at their highest potential at a given location, or if their family could be denied critical health care due to the laws in that state, I am compelled to consider a different candidate, and, perhaps less qualified.
So she is going to do the discrimination based on her view of the cultural climate in the area? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1673 on: June 16, 2023, 09:59:55 AM »
Love how they refer to them as "anti-LGBTQ+" laws when they're really get your hands off our children laws

But you know, "genocide"
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1674 on: June 16, 2023, 10:05:32 AM »
Love how they refer to them as "anti-LGBTQ+" laws when they're really get your hands off our children laws

But you know, "genocide"

Yep.  This quote appears and says the bills "'attack the LGBTQ+ community'" yet the first example below was Florida that only addressed adult sexual content allowed in school libraries.
According to a report last week from the Human Rights Campaign, state legislatures have this year introduced more than 525 bills introduced that 'attack the LGBTQ+ community'.

The group, which is the nation's largest organization devoted to LGBTQ rights, said more than 220 of the bills concerned the transgender community, and more than 70 have become law.

They also refer to attacking transgender children which tells me a lot of what they are referring to are bills aimed at restricting transgender surgery and prescription drugs given to children.  That is the kind of misinformation and BS that pisses off a lot of people about politics.