Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 121123 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2800 on: April 11, 2024, 08:39:41 AM »
Seattle dance squad says they were told American flag shirts made audience members feel 'triggered and unsafe'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/seattle-dance-squad-says-american-flag-shirts-made-audience-members-feel-triggered-unsafe

Members of a regional women’s country line dance team were reportedly kicked out of a Seattle dance convention after organizers claimed their American flag-themed shirts made some attendees feel "triggered and unsafe."

Over the weekend at the Emerald City Hoedown in Seattle, the Borderline Dance team was set to perform, but were essentially told they weren't welcome by organizer Rain Country Dance Association, an LGBTQ+ dance community, over their matching American flag themed shirts, Jason Rantz reported for 770 KTTH.

"Unfortunately, what our team was met with upon arrival was that our flag tops were offensive to some of the convention goers," the dance group posted to Facebook. "There was a small group that felt ‘triggered and unsafe.'"

And another group was told the same thing for the same reason.
Those who were triggered should be put on a one way plane to their non-triggering country of choice. If they don't choose one one will be chosen for them.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2801 on: April 11, 2024, 04:10:45 PM »
From the, "There is no way you hate the MSM nearly enough" files, the LA Times put Trump's name in OJ Simpson's obituary, saying that Trump was the one released from the Lovelock prison after 9 years. There's zero probability this was an "innocent accident".

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/04/11/la-times-oj-simpson-obituary-contained-a-temporary-trump-cameo-n2394990
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2802 on: April 11, 2024, 04:46:35 PM »
From the, "There is no way you hate the MSM nearly enough" files, the LA Times put Trump's name in OJ Simpson's obituary, saying that Trump was the one released from the Lovelock prison after 9 years. There's zero probability this was an "innocent accident".

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/04/11/la-times-oj-simpson-obituary-contained-a-temporary-trump-cameo-n2394990

Trump living rent free in their heads
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2803 on: April 12, 2024, 10:58:35 AM »
"LatinX" out, "Latine" in.

Brought to you by wealthy white women living in NYC, because the people they are "helping" hate that *expletive deleted*it and don't want to be called stupid names.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/12/latine-to-replace-latinx-n2395000
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2804 on: April 12, 2024, 12:51:39 PM »
"LatinX" out, "Latine" in.

Brought to you by wealthy white women living in NYC, because the people they are "helping" hate that *expletive deleted*it and don't want to be called stupid names.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/12/latine-to-replace-latinx-n2395000

Sounds like an outhouse. Or a triangular sail.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2805 on: April 12, 2024, 05:11:11 PM »
https://twitter.com/TexasLindsay_/status/1775533289974927739

Non-binary Canadian seeks public funding for surgery to create vagina while preserving penis
https://nypost.com/2024/04/03/us-news/non-binary-canadian-seeks-public-funding-for-surgery-to-create-vagina-while-preserving-penis/
Will be just as mentally ill afterwards as before

But wait, there's more

Texas gender clinic dubbed 'Frankenstein's lab' performs hundreds of experimental surgeries each year - including giving patients a penis AND vagina and 'Barbie-dolling' clients by removing both
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-13272711/texas-gender-hospital-frankenstein-lab-surgeries.html

Reconstructive surgery is one thing this..............

And a judge rules tax payers will be paying for it  :facepalm:

Priorities: Judge Rules Ontario Man Can Use Public Funding for BIZARRE 'Gender Affirming' Surgery
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/12/ontario-man-can-use-canadian-public-health-for-sex-change-n2395004
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2806 on: April 13, 2024, 05:12:25 PM »
Can we have Straight white male day?
Sorry, we're all booked up

Department of Education Weighs in on LGBTQ 'Day of (No) Silence' With Creepy Video
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/04/13/department-of-education-weighs-in-on-lgbtq-day-of-no-silence-n2395056

Libs of TikTok
@libsoftiktok
Today the LGBTQ community has another day celebrating them. The day of “No Silence” because they’ve been silent for decades.

This is not to be confused with the “Day of Silence” which is April 14th.

The silent LGBTQ+ community have over 140 calendar days celebrating them.
https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/status/1778796763417297249

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2807 on: April 14, 2024, 10:39:43 AM »
Can we have Straight white male day?
Sorry, we're all booked up

No, we need a month. Be it known, I hereby declare the month of November "Super Straight Pride Month of Celebration & Remembrance."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2808 on: April 15, 2024, 09:40:27 AM »
No, we need a month. Be it known, I hereby declare the month of November "Super Straight Pride Month of Celebration & Remembrance."

You might should choose a word other than "Pride" as it has been thoroughly coopted by the alphabet gang.  Unless you are trying to recover it for normal use.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2809 on: April 15, 2024, 09:47:21 AM »
You might should choose a word other than "Pride" as it has been thoroughly coopted by the alphabet gang.  Unless you are trying to recover it for normal use.

On the farm, on a cold Winter day, I gayly and with pride, carry a *Not nice word for gay men* into the house to help keep me warm.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2810 on: April 15, 2024, 10:14:22 AM »
On the farm, on a cold Winter day, I gayly and with pride, carry a *Not nice word for gay men* into the house to help keep me warm.

They you sit in front of your stove and shamelessly suck on a fag...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2811 on: April 15, 2024, 10:16:33 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2812 on: April 15, 2024, 11:14:04 AM »
For people who continue to argue that there isn't a deep state, this jackass is bragging how he is a former federal prosecutor and is forwarding this Trump tweet to the FBI. One wonders how many innocent people he set up while a fed.

Note the date (which jackass cropped out) of the Trump tweet.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/04/15/seth-abramson-meltdown-trump-iran-post-n2395093

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2813 on: April 15, 2024, 11:23:34 AM »
For people who continue to argue that there isn't a deep state, this jackass is bragging how he is a former federal prosecutor and is forwarding this Trump tweet to the FBI. One wonders how many innocent people he set up while a fed.

Note the date (which jackass cropped out) of the Trump tweet.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/04/15/seth-abramson-meltdown-trump-iran-post-n2395093

I've not, and probably won't seen the new Civil War movie, but tweets like that make me empathize with the character holding a rifle and asking "Yeah, but what KIND of American are you?".  Dude is probably not supposed to be a good guy in the flick, but some days I really get where he's coming from.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2814 on: April 15, 2024, 04:40:28 PM »

Let's try and reclaim the word "gay" as well.  Hollywood used it years ago as the title in a movie - "The Gay Parisian" in 1941 and "The Girl from Gay Paree" in 1927.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2815 on: April 15, 2024, 05:13:20 PM »
This is a pretty good monologue by Bill Maher.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1778989085362987082

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2816 on: April 15, 2024, 06:57:30 PM »
A touch of sanity: https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1779976321629565433?t=KXO7D5i7iZ-tD4MUxsWsag&s=19

Protesters block the road in FL. Our new law is immediately used, they are dragged to the side by LE, and arrested (I think).

I'm not sure it needs to be a felony and 15 years. But it's gratifying to see them dragged out of the road.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2817 on: April 15, 2024, 07:01:09 PM »
A touch of sanity: https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/status/1779976321629565433?t=KXO7D5i7iZ-tD4MUxsWsag&s=19

Protesters block the road in FL. Our new law is immediately used, they are dragged to the side by LE, and arrested (I think).

I'm not sure it needs to be a felony and 15 years. But it's gratifying to see them dragged out of the road.

As it should be. Also, it looks like the cops should be adding a Sawzall to a few vehicles, kind of like they do with dogs, nice to have when you need them. :)

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2818 on: April 15, 2024, 09:03:04 PM »

=D  Yeah, that's the point. If you note the list of perv holidays above, I picked November because the commies are trying to make it into tranny month. Which makes it super appropriate for Super Straight Pride Month. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/super-straight

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2819 on: April 15, 2024, 11:02:12 PM »
I have no idea what a job like that "should" pay, but is getting paid weekly supposed to be a bad thing now?

The man, who was interviewed for the position at what is believed to be a store in Pennsylvania on April 11, couldn't believe the position came with a salary of just $12 an hour, which was paid weekly.

'Everything went well well but the end he told me that they pay $12 an hour and they get paid every week,' he said...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13311499/TJ-Maxx-job-applicant-really-wants-work-store-learns-shocking-fact-role-Im-not-taking-it.html

Are jobs like Door Dash paying instantly, and that's what some people expect now? My current job is the first I've had in a long time that pays weekly, instead of bi-weekly, and that's one of the best things about it.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2820 on: April 16, 2024, 11:35:23 AM »
Some of the younger folk I work with are now using apps that'll pay you daily.  Part of the "gotta have it NOW!" thing I guess.

ETA:  The pay checks are bi-weekly.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2821 on: April 16, 2024, 11:56:21 AM »
My first professional job out of college was working as a small town newspaper reporter.

We were paid weekly when I first started... $111.40 a week net.

That's when minimum wage was $3.35 an hour.

But, given the hours I was working, I was probably actually making about $1.50 to $2 an hour most weeks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2822 on: April 16, 2024, 11:59:45 AM »
Some of the younger folk I work with are now using apps that'll pay you daily.  Part of the "gotta have it NOW!" thing I guess.

ETA:  The pay checks are bi-weekly.

Having been retired for a while and on the direct deposit (and I even used to get paper checks!) gov teat before that, is this some new thing bigger corporations are doing to keep employees? Or even smaller businesses? Seems like it would complicate bookkeeping.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2823 on: April 16, 2024, 01:27:13 PM »
The kids are using a third party app.  Not sure how the app folks make their money, they don't deduct anything from the kids' pay & I'm positive this corp isn't going to pay for the kid's to get their money early.  When using these apps one doesn't have to take their pay daily, it can be used to simply track what the next payday will bring in.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2824 on: April 16, 2024, 02:57:22 PM »
Having been retired for a while and on the direct deposit (and I even used to get paper checks!) gov teat before that, is this some new thing bigger corporations are doing to keep employees? Or even smaller businesses? Seems like it would complicate bookkeeping.
So living paycheck to paycheck isn't short sighted enough.  They have to push it even further. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge