Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 121547 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #426 on: June 06, 2022, 11:59:41 AM »
It's in VIP but the headline should give you the gist

FDA is poised to act out of concern that Americans are too stupid to understand that almond milk doesn’t come from cows
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/06/fda-is-poised-to-act-out-of-concern-that-americans-are-too-stupid-to-understand-that-almond-milk-doesnt-come-from-cows/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #427 on: June 06, 2022, 01:33:45 PM »
CNN taking it upon themselves to point out who's not wearing a pride logo

CNN snitches on baseball players who ‘did not wear LGBTQ logos on their uniforms’
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/06/06/cnn-snitches-on-baseball-players-who-did-not-wear-lgbtq-logos-on-their-uniforms/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #428 on: June 06, 2022, 06:20:43 PM »
Not the Babylon Bee

Straight White people need to  pay up.
This actually gets more insane the further you read at the link
How long before the dems embrace this in their partly platform?

SCOOP: A coalition of taxpayer-funded trans organizations has demanded that society “decolonize the gender binary,” provide cash reparations to “gender-nonconforming people,” and affirm “mustache[-s]” and “big dick[-s]” as authentic expressions of womanhood.

Here is the story.🧵

— Christopher F. Rufo ⚔️ (@realchrisrufo) June 6, 2022

Coalition of trans organizations calls for straight white Americans to pay cash reparations to trans people
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/06/coalition-of-trans-organizations-calls-for-straight-white-americans-to-pay-cash-reparations-to-trans-people/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #429 on: June 06, 2022, 06:29:18 PM »
I noticed that there's someone out there, oppressed by everything except intelligence, wishing to identify by the pronoun "Wakanda." For those who don't watch dumb movies, that means they demand you refer to them as a fictional nation-state.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #430 on: June 06, 2022, 06:55:33 PM »
What the heck is going on here? I mean is this serious?

Daily Dot: TPUSA’s Benny Johnson ‘demands room full of underage girls start getting pregnant’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/06/daily-dot-tpusas-benny-johnson-demands-room-full-of-underage-girls-start-getting-pregnant/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #431 on: June 06, 2022, 06:59:55 PM »
I noticed that there's someone out there, oppressed by everything except intelligence, wishing to identify by the pronoun "Wakanda." For those who don't watch dumb movies, that means they demand you refer to them as a fictional nation-state.

There were some saying Wakanda would be all of Africa for real if it wasn't for White people.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 08:30:03 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #432 on: June 06, 2022, 08:28:23 PM »
What the heck is going on here? I mean is this serious?

Daily Dot: TPUSA’s Benny Johnson ‘demands room full of underage girls start getting pregnant’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/06/daily-dot-tpusas-benny-johnson-demands-room-full-of-underage-girls-start-getting-pregnant/

The Left seems pretty serious about it, yeah. These are people that agreed with Obama not wanting his daughters to be punished with a baby.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #433 on: June 07, 2022, 01:18:01 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #434 on: June 07, 2022, 02:18:50 PM »
I guess this is as good a place as any:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-bulletin-heightened-threat-environment-violence

The Department of Homeland Security issued a bulletin Tuesday warning of a "heightened threat environment" over the next several months as they monitor both risks of domestic terrorism and foreign adversaries looking to sow discord within the U.S. to promote acts of violence.

"The United States remains in a heightened threat environment, as noted in the previous Bulletin, and several recent attacks have highlighted the dynamic and complex nature of the threat environment," DHS said in a new bulletin from the National Terrorism Advisory System.

"In the coming months, we expect the threat environment to become more dynamic as several high-profile events could be exploited to justify acts of violence against a range of possible targets," DHS said.

So things may be getting sporty . . . everywhere.

Plan accordingly.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #435 on: June 07, 2022, 03:08:54 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-bulletin-heightened-threat-environment-violence

Plan accordingly.

At least this time they seemed to somewhat allude to leftist terrorism as well, having mentioned church attacks. Though maybe they just mean mosques.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #436 on: June 07, 2022, 03:23:08 PM »
At least this time they seemed to somewhat allude to leftist terrorism as well, having mentioned church attacks. Though maybe they just mean mosques.

Mosques, synagogues, Chinese attacking Taiwanese churches ...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #437 on: June 07, 2022, 03:25:28 PM »
There was a time would I would say he's just trolling but nowadays?

Offering Drag Queen 101 as part of the K-12 curriculum. Attending Drag Queen Story Time will satisfy the requirement. https://t.co/Sogz2Ag8jV

— Senator Scott Wiener (@Scott_Wiener) June 7, 2022

Calif. State Sen. who wanted to lower penalties for LGBT sex predators floats bill ‘offering Drag Queen 101 as part of the K-12 curriculum’
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/07/calif-state-sen-who-wanted-to-lower-penalties-for-lgbt-sex-predators-floats-bill-offering-drag-queen-101-as-part-of-the-k-12-curriculum/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #438 on: June 07, 2022, 03:37:17 PM »

Plan accordingly.

Getting ready to shut down political gatherings for the "extremist" party, or keep us away from the polls?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #439 on: June 07, 2022, 03:54:13 PM »
Man, these people are out of touch. Or gaslighting. Or both.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/obama-comms-director-conservative-media-dwarfs-liberal-dems-out-gunned

Democrats' problems with messaging stem from the fact that they are "out-gunned" because "conservative media dwarfs the progressive media in size and scope."

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #440 on: June 07, 2022, 03:57:58 PM »
More from Seattle:  stolen cars being dumped in "homeless encampments*"

https://thelibertydaily.com/images-show-seattle-dystopia-as-criminals-dump-stolen-cars-in-homeless-encampment/

*I remember when it was called a hobo jungle, but whatever.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #441 on: June 07, 2022, 06:41:32 PM »
Babylon Bee does it again

Mattel Introduces Pregnant Ken Doll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sglMO4-paHE
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #442 on: June 13, 2022, 08:11:52 AM »
Fathers Day is too painful, so if you want, you can opt out of emails that mention it so you don't have a nervous breakdown. No mention of Mothers Day, so I guess it's just the patriarchy again.

These people need a portable fainting couch that they can carry around with them.

https://twitchy.com/amy-313134/2022/06/12/fathers-day-is-not-the-easiest-time-for-all-of-us-democrats-send-email-offering-an-opt-out-on-fathers-day-communications/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #443 on: June 13, 2022, 10:24:34 AM »
Man, these people are out of touch. Or gaslighting. Or both.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/obama-comms-director-conservative-media-dwarfs-liberal-dems-out-gunned
"Conservative" media has been more effective and has a more dedicated listener/viewer base.  These people consider Fox News to be conservative and Fox has been leading the news ratings by a lot as leftists don't watch their own side's news.  Leftists dominate most other TV news and most all newspapers, but a lot of that is "old media".  Were it not for the active suppression by youtube/google, I think conservative leaning channels online would be dominating, if the are not anyway. 

BUT, that is looking at results not looking at what the left controls as far as media which is considerable.  If many of them weren't such hard left communists, they would probably be doing better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #444 on: June 13, 2022, 10:51:46 AM »
"Conservative" media has been more effective and has a more dedicated listener/viewer base.  These people consider Fox News to be conservative and Fox has been leading the news ratings by a lot as leftists don't watch their own side's news.  Leftists dominate most other TV news and most all newspapers, but a lot of that is "old media".  Were it not for the active suppression by youtube/google, I think conservative leaning channels online would be dominating, if the are not anyway. 

BUT, that is looking at results not looking at what the left controls as far as media which is considerable.  If many of them weren't such hard left communists, they would probably be doing better.

Another thing to consider is that A LOT of "local" news media, while not coming off as left-leaning, are filled with AP, Reuters, etc. stories rather than local reporting on issues. They thus become de facto left-biased. The bigger local and state print news where I live seem to almost have more AP stories than local stories. And the ABC, CBS, and NBC news affiliates pretty much verbatim report on national news however their corporate owners tell them to.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #445 on: June 13, 2022, 10:58:55 AM »
Politico thought that this would make a good headline (bolding mine):

The Supreme Court is expected to issue a ruling this month hobbling the Biden administration’s efforts to rein in climate change — but its impact could weaken the executive branch's power to oversee wide swaths of American life

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/06/13/panicked-politico-warns-that-scotus-could-soon-make-it-a-lot-more-difficult-for-the-executive-branch-to-control-wide-swaths-of-american-life/

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'