Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120989 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #575 on: July 21, 2022, 06:16:37 PM »
The whole time Carlson was ranting on this, I was thinking:

A.  Dinosaurs don't belong to LGBTQWERTY.  They belong to 5 year olds.

One of my first thoughts, as well. Such an odd coincidence that the Lefty rainbow people want to associate themselves with something children are drawn to. Hmmmm.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #576 on: July 21, 2022, 06:24:01 PM »
Related, somewhat

Barney the Dinosaur Now Running Tantric Sex Business (Seriously)
https://celebritytalker.com/barney-the-dinosaur-now-running-tantric-sex-business-seriously/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2022, 09:36:03 PM »
Just more proof that men are better than women at everything,  including being women.
 :facepalm:

Yep

Check out the three featured biographies at the National Women’s History Museum website
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/21/check-out-the-three-featured-biographies-at-the-national-womens-history-museum-website/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #578 on: July 21, 2022, 11:49:38 PM »

A.  Dinosaurs don't belong to LGBTQWERTY.  They belong to 5 year olds.

Hey I'm 56 and never lost my love of dinosaurs!  Paws Off!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #579 on: July 22, 2022, 11:32:17 AM »
Lingam?  Yoni?

Jeeze, another set of words to add to my erotic dictionary.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 12:41:27 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #581 on: July 22, 2022, 01:32:40 PM »
Do they want vigilantes? 'Cause that is how you get vigilantes.
One of the prime purposes of government is to prosecute and punish criminals. When the government refuses to uphold their end of the social contract the people will eventually take matters into their own hands.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #582 on: July 22, 2022, 01:51:01 PM »
During Butler's preliminary hearing, however, the man carrying his baby didn't appear in court. Due to the lack of appearance, charges against Butler were dismissed.
The victim didn't show.  How is that the government's fault?  The government arrested the guy, hauled him in front of a judge, and then the victim didn't do their part.

The only time I was on a jury the victim (alleged domestic) didn't show and they had to cancel the trial.  The judge said they sent deputies after the victim to bring her in, found her at a store but she ran from them.  I guess he ended up issuing a warrant for her.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #583 on: July 22, 2022, 01:59:08 PM »
The victim didn't show.  How is that the government's fault? 

As was already pointed out, isn't the video enough?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #584 on: July 22, 2022, 02:14:08 PM »
As was already pointed out, isn't the video enough?
Depends on the strength of the case, I guess.  Sure, they can show that he intentionally pointed a gun at a guy who didn't appear to deserve it, but if the victim doesn't show up they might not be confident that they can prove without a reasonable doubt that there weren't other factors.  Maybe the gun-pointer could claim self defense or that he thought the baby-carrier was kidnapping or whatever. 

But more to the point, if in a case like this the victim doesn't even want to do the bare minimum to move the case forward, I don't think it is reasonable to use that to justify vigilantism or assign blame to the government.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #585 on: July 23, 2022, 07:31:41 PM »
Thanks to climate change it's now time to start thinking about cannibalism

New York Times writes that cannibalism ‘has a time and a place,’ and that time is now, thanks to climate change
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/23/new-york-times-writes-that-cannibalism-has-a-time-and-a-place-and-that-time-is-now-thanks-to-climate-change/

It's people!
Nom nom nom nom nom
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 08:42:47 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #586 on: July 23, 2022, 11:04:17 PM »
I remember when there was something called an Overton Window. That was before they just knocked down the whole wall.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #587 on: July 24, 2022, 12:16:56 AM »

New York Times writes that cannibalism ‘has a time and a place,’ and that time is now, thanks to climate change
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/23/new-york-times-writes-that-cannibalism-has-a-time-and-a-place-and-that-time-is-now-thanks-to-climate-change/

It's people!
Nom nom nom nom nom

Planned Parenthood can start making some cash off of human veal.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #588 on: July 24, 2022, 01:47:51 PM »
Interesting that they like to talk about eating bugs and cannibalism, but don't talk about home gardens, livestock, small farms, long term food storage, etc. 

How much land out there could potentially be used on a small scale to make more food?  For that matter, how much of the farm land bought by Bill Gates and other big outfits will be used for farming and food?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2022, 02:39:37 PM »
Interesting that they like to talk about eating bugs and cannibalism, but don't talk about home gardens, livestock, small farms, long term food storage, etc. 

Hunting?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #590 on: July 24, 2022, 03:25:56 PM »
Hunting?

Well. how do you think we will get the bodies to eat?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #591 on: July 24, 2022, 03:30:43 PM »
Well. how do you think we will get the bodies to eat?

"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2022, 03:44:01 PM »

It's people!
Nom nom nom nom nom
What a modest proposal from the left.

Reminds me of an old dinner exchange:

"I don't like your mother in law!"
"OK, just eat the vegetables."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2022, 04:36:38 PM »
but don't talk about home gardens, livestock, small farms, long term food storage, etc. 

Yes they do, they talk about how dangerous to society it is, along with causing globular warmening.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2022, 04:44:28 PM »

Also used to delver "lost" ballots
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #595 on: July 24, 2022, 04:51:44 PM »
Yes they do, they talk about how dangerous to society it is, along with causing globular warmening.
I would not at all be surprised to learn that bug production causes more global warming gases than traditional livestock and farming.  Plants at least absorb CO2 as they grow and make some O2.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

a_righteous_mind

« Reply #596 on: July 25, 2022, 11:35:09 PM »
I ran into this article from a Washington Post columnist (Damon Young): "Someone gave our daughter a White doll. How do we, um, 'disappear' it?"
 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/someone-gave-our-daughter-a-white-doll-how-do-we-um-e2-80-98disappear-e2-80-99-it/ar-AAZWOuG

His rationale was "The physiognomy of a baby doll represents what the person buying it considers to be precious. And a decision to gift a White doll to our daughter — who’s already aware of the ceaseless cultural proselytization of Eurocentric beauty — could communicate to her that we value those features more than hers."

Makes me think he should only let his daughter have fat, non-white, differently-abled dolls to more effectively thwart the dominant cultural understanding of beauty.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #597 on: July 26, 2022, 09:34:11 AM »
I ran into this article from a Washington Post columnist (Damon Young): "Someone gave our daughter a White doll. How do we, um, 'disappear' it?"
 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/someone-gave-our-daughter-a-white-doll-how-do-we-um-e2-80-98disappear-e2-80-99-it/ar-AAZWOuG

His rationale was "The physiognomy of a baby doll represents what the person buying it considers to be precious. And a decision to gift a White doll to our daughter — who’s already aware of the ceaseless cultural proselytization of Eurocentric beauty — could communicate to her that we value those features more than hers."

Makes me think he should only let his daughter have fat, non-white, differently-abled dolls to more effectively thwart the dominant cultural understanding of beauty.
Or maybe the person just thought their kid would like it and gave no thought at all to the color since they are not obsessed with race like those parents are.  Maybe. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #598 on: July 26, 2022, 09:34:55 AM »
Oh the horror!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #599 on: July 26, 2022, 09:38:05 AM »
When my daughter was young we collected Princesses of the World Barbie dolls. Gave absolutely zero thought to the races of the dolls.
Guess we should have thrown away the racist white ones.
- Calvin and Hobbes