Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120578 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #925 on: December 22, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »
Arrested for praying silently in front of an abortion clinic in the UK. It is apparently an "antisocial behavior" charge.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/22/uk-police-arrest-woman-after-she-admits-to-praying-silently-outside-an-abortion-clinic/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #926 on: December 22, 2022, 06:14:09 PM »
Arrested for praying silently in front of an abortion clinic in the UK. It is apparently an "antisocial behavior" charge.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/22/uk-police-arrest-woman-after-she-admits-to-praying-silently-outside-an-abortion-clinic/

I guess she should have used a prayer rug.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #927 on: December 22, 2022, 06:18:18 PM »
I guess she should have used a prayer rug.

Apparently they can't do it either. It was alluded to in the comments that this could create a groundswell of Christians and Muslims coming together.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #928 on: December 23, 2022, 10:15:27 AM »
Can't let kids get awards in the name of equity

EXCLUSIVE @IWN @CityJournal: @TJHSST_Official principal @TJAnnB has withheld news of @NationalMerit awards from TJ families, most of them Asian, denying students the right to use the award to boost their college-admission prospects and earn scholarships. https://t.co/dNYq35OMKX

— Asra Nomani (@AsraNomani) December 21, 2022

EXCLUSIVE @IWN @CityJournal: @TJHSST_Official principal @TJAnnB has withheld news of @NationalMerit awards from TJ families, most of them Asian, denying students the right to use the award to boost their college-admission prospects and earn scholarships. https://t.co/dNYq35OMKX

— Asra Nomani (@AsraNomani) December 21, 2022

This scandal, hiding National Merit awards from kids, emerges as @FCPSSupt @FCPSNews board launches a plan for “equal outcomes for every student, without exception,” with “equitable grading,” giving students 50% just for showing up. @FFXParentsAssoc recently exposed the policy. pic.twitter.com/MPCZsRFKgV

— Asra Nomani (@AsraNomani) December 22, 2022

“equal outcomes for every student, without exception,” In other words if you can't make them equally smart make them equally dumb

Asra Nomani DROPS Fairfax County Schools in thread for HIDING National Merits from kids for ‘equity’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/12/23/asra-nomani-drops-fairfax-county-schools-in-thread-for-hiding-national-merits-from-kids-for-equity/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #929 on: December 26, 2022, 07:37:27 AM »
Can't let kids get awards in the name of equity

“equal outcomes for every student, without exception,” In other words if you can't make them equally smart make them equally dumb

Asra Nomani DROPS Fairfax County Schools in thread for HIDING National Merits from kids for ‘equity’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/12/23/asra-nomani-drops-fairfax-county-schools-in-thread-for-hiding-national-merits-from-kids-for-equity/
This is truly one of the most egregious examples of educational malfeasance I've heard of. Preventing students from even applying for certain college scholarships by hiding their achievements is actually damaging, and in addition to being summarily fired, the person who did it OUGHT to be held PERSONALLY liable for damages - financial damages.

What a difference from when I was in high school back in the early '70s when a couple of us became National Merit semi-finalists by scoring above 200 on the PSAT. (I understand scoring has changed since then.) The senior assistant principal came to our class (I remember it was English class) to congratulate us as soon as the info came in. We both got our formal Finalist  "attaboys" later on after qualifying on the SAT, and several students got "Commended" recognition as well during the monthly school assembly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #930 on: December 26, 2022, 08:44:58 AM »
"Every student succeeds" is paraphrase of a local high school's motto.

It is, unsurprisingly, not a very good school.

Stupid students who won't work should fail.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #931 on: December 26, 2022, 11:57:56 AM »
    I find "Merry Christmas" highly offensive.

The holidays cause stress, depression, and mental health issues for 25-40% of people. It's like a "merriness contest" on social media to force happiness, and a Western subversion of every other culture. What's a non-offensive greeting?

— TechLead (@techleadhd) December 25, 2022
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/26/blue-checked-youtuber-thinks-merry-christmas-is-highly-offensive-to-people-with-depression/

I know of a therapist that would be perfect for this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmVBmDKLZI

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #932 on: December 26, 2022, 04:47:05 PM »
Last time I checked, Christmas is not exactly a Western holiday.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #933 on: December 26, 2022, 05:05:49 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/12/26/blue-checked-youtuber-thinks-merry-christmas-is-highly-offensive-to-people-with-depression/

I know of a therapist that would be perfect for this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfmVBmDKLZI

In the "blind hog -> acorn" category, he's not 100% wrong that between Hallmark movies, stupid happy shows, Social Media "influencers", and whatever the *expletive deleted*ck they play on the radio if one were to consume very much media it could feel like an avalanche of saccharine sweet fake cheer.

Asking Twitter for help with your mental health is never a good idea though, so he's back to blind there.

It's much healthier and more enjoyable to shrug off the minor offence a greeting might give and go on about your life.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #934 on: December 26, 2022, 07:51:25 PM »
Go to Amazon and am greeted by a movie poster for Bros where two guys are grabbing each other's butts.

Really Amazon, really?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #935 on: December 26, 2022, 08:21:09 PM »
Go to Amazon and am greeted by a movie poster for Bros where two guys are grabbing each other's butts.

Really Amazon, really?

The Algorithm has got your number.  I get ads for Grand Tour: A Scandi Flick and Reacher.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #936 on: December 26, 2022, 08:25:15 PM »
The Algorithm has got your number.  I get ads for Grand Tour: A Scandi Flick and Reacher.

I guess searching for gun accessories and computer parts has marked me  :O
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #937 on: December 26, 2022, 08:47:49 PM »
As a National Merit Scholar in the late 70s, my experience was similar to Hank. Plus the local paper wrote an article and put our pictures in the paper. The minister at our church read the article and made a nice announcement from the pulpit that Sunday.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #938 on: December 27, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
George Santos: first openly trans-electable member of Congress.

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/12/27/george-santos-okay-i-lied-about-almost-everything-n520147

Long Island Rep.-elect George Santos came clean to The Post on Monday, admitting that he lied on the campaign trail about his education and work experience — but insisting that the controversy won’t deter him from serving out his two-year term in Congress.

Santos identified as having a job history and educational credentials that cisnormative transphobes in the press say he doesn't really have. Also, he was married to a woman until a couple of years ago, but now says he's homosexual. (Then again, maybe he or his "wife" identified as another gender at the time.)

All of these things made him more electable in 2022. He is trans-electable, and the haters just can't deal.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #939 on: December 27, 2022, 12:18:39 PM »
GOP is updating their playbook,  I guess.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #940 on: December 27, 2022, 04:25:24 PM »
The purge has started at West Point. General Robert E Lee is out. Soon any other members of the Confederate Army will be purged and forgotten as well. Bunch of woke dipshits.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11575225/West-Point-military-academy-remove-Confederate-imagery-beginning-Robert-E-Lee-portrait.html

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #941 on: December 27, 2022, 04:30:14 PM »
The purge has started at West Point. General Robert E Lee is out. Soon any other members of the Confederate Army will be purged and forgotten as well. Bunch of woke dipshits.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11575225/West-Point-military-academy-remove-Confederate-imagery-beginning-Robert-E-Lee-portrait.html

bob

I've never heard of Robert E Lee, and the US has never had a civil war.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #942 on: December 27, 2022, 04:37:05 PM »
Dems lost? Nope never happened.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #944 on: December 27, 2022, 08:24:54 PM »
The purge has started at West Point. General Robert E Lee is out.

Swine.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #945 on: December 27, 2022, 08:26:10 PM »
Take the penis and like it, you bigoted, gender shaming lesbians!

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/27/here-are-some-thoughts-on-lesbians-whove-had-both-good-and-bad-experiences-with-phalluses/

1. I'm old enough to remember when a man claiming to be a lesbian was the punchline of a 5th grade joke, and not a particularly funny one.

2. Phallus is a latin word.  I'm pretty sure the plural is phalli, not phalluses. Or should be.

3. As someone that also does not like phalli (other than mine) I will choose to give lesbians the pass mentioned at the beginning of that Tik Tok.  We can share a beer or whiskey and commiserate our lack of interest in being penetrated  by any Organic Phallus.  I am so tolerant.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #946 on: December 27, 2022, 08:46:12 PM »

bob

I wonder if we (the US, not APS) might have a discussion on the role leniency towards the CSA played in Reconstruction and the latter half of the 19th Century, and whether that attitude still help the goals of healing the rift in the country.

From everything I have read on the subject Gen Lee* was an honorable man that faced a hard choice between his oath and his home state, and did the best he could. But he did choose to betray his oath to the United States.  Certainly the civil war, and the officers that had to make that choice should not be forgotten from history,  indeed they are one of most teachable moments in this country's martial history. We should be able to calmly discuss the nuances of the situation and what led good men** to the wrong choice.

I fear however we have lost the ability as a society to have important conversations like that.

*Indeed, even that rank is possibly a mistake. He was a US Army Colonel,  and did not make General until post treason.

** Some good men.  There were certainly dishonorable officers there too. Forrest comes to mind. They are teachable for other reasons.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #947 on: December 27, 2022, 09:53:50 PM »
1. I'm old enough to remember when a man claiming to be a lesbian was the punchline of a 5th grade joke, and not a particularly funny one.

2. Phallus is a latin word.  I'm pretty sure the plural is phalli, not phalluses. Or should be.

3. As someone that also does not like phalli (other than mine) I will choose to give lesbians the pass mentioned at the beginning of that Tik Tok.  We can share a beer or whiskey and commiserate our lack of interest in being penetrated  by any Organic Phallus.  I am so tolerant.

So, you're OK with being penetrated with an inorganic phallus then?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #948 on: December 27, 2022, 10:54:40 PM »
Take the penis and like it, you bigoted, gender shaming lesbians!

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/12/27/here-are-some-thoughts-on-lesbians-whove-had-both-good-and-bad-experiences-with-phalluses/

What if we just all agree that anyone born male is male, anyone born female is female, and the only valid sexuality is hetero? I mean, do what you want, but if you start gender-bending, you're bound to get confused. Don't come cryin' to me.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #949 on: December 28, 2022, 04:45:00 AM »
I wonder if we (the US, not APS) might have a discussion on the role leniency towards the CSA played in Reconstruction and the latter half of the 19th Century, and whether that attitude still help the goals of healing the rift in the country.

From everything I have read on the subject Gen Lee* was an honorable man that faced a hard choice between his oath and his home state, and did the best he could. But he did choose to betray his oath to the United States.  Certainly the civil war, and the officers that had to make that choice should not be forgotten from history,  indeed they are one of most teachable moments in this country's martial history. We should be able to calmly discuss the nuances of the situation and what led good men** to the wrong choice.

I fear however we have lost the ability as a society to have important conversations like that.

*Indeed, even that rank is possibly a mistake. He was a US Army Colonel,  and did not make General until post treason.

** Some good men.  There were certainly dishonorable officers there too. Forrest comes to mind. They are teachable for other reasons.

Much, much simpler to scream that the Confederates were all Nazis (just like Trump annd his followers!!11!!!) and crow about how they lost and thus it’s time to act like *expletive deleted*it flinging monkeys towards history.

The much more complicated topics of antebellum and postbellum politics and other factors are to be completely ignored.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!