Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 118953 times)

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #976 on: December 31, 2022, 10:48:03 AM »
"Which of these tennis greats once won the Australian Open roughly eight weeks pregnant?"

Your choices

Serena Williams
Andy Murray
Roger Federer
John McEnroe. 

What do the last 3 have in common?
Yeah, go on and say it you bigot!

Bizarre Serena Williams question on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' blasted on Twitter for 'lack of effort'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/bizarre-serena-williams-question-who-wants-millionaire-blasted-twitter-lack-effort
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #977 on: December 31, 2022, 11:44:16 AM »
Meanwhile at Waffle House
And of course the "men" (note the quotes) instead of stepping in and stopping it whip out their phones and start recording.

https://twitter.com/rbaylor_74/status/1606059774130278400
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #978 on: December 31, 2022, 11:57:39 AM »
And of course the "men" (note the quotes) instead of stepping in and stopping it whip out their phones and start recording.
Question my masculinity all you want, but I don’t have qualified immunity, and the last thing I need is a felony battery charge or being pilloried for racism and misogyny and losing my job, much less digging myself into having to shoot someone. Unless there are significant other factors, I’m not stepping in to stop some strangers from beating on each other.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #979 on: December 31, 2022, 02:38:28 PM »
Yeah.

If I saw something like that, I'd head the other way.  Being around violent morons is a good way to get killed.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #980 on: December 31, 2022, 02:53:15 PM »
Sign me up as the same approach as Cordex.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #981 on: December 31, 2022, 03:20:22 PM »
Normally I would agree but I get the impression many of those guys weren't complete strangers to the girls.
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #982 on: December 31, 2022, 04:41:21 PM »
Normally I would agree but I get the impression many of those guys weren't complete strangers to the girls.
As part of the same risk avoidance strategy I don’t make it a habit to go out with women who do that kind of thing.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #983 on: December 31, 2022, 05:42:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be in any Waffle House anyway.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #984 on: December 31, 2022, 05:49:51 PM »
As part of the same risk avoidance strategy I don’t make it a habit to go out with women who do that kind of thing.

You don't date 300lb black women with an attitude? You're not turned on by Himalayan rolls of cellulite in spanx topped by a Hiroshima level temper? You racist bastard!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #985 on: December 31, 2022, 06:10:30 PM »
At the risk of being the APS racist, black people are ~15% of the population. Why is it whenever you see these kinds of videos, there are ten times more of them with black people (it seems a majority of women) then all other races combined? I'm genuinely curious about the cultural upbringing for some sub-demographic of black people to act like wild animals and think it's in some way normal behavior. From the video, it seemed even black people outside were disappointed at them feeding the stereotype. And the black people outside, from the ebonics, were not black people who have a job, house, and 2.5 kids, and even they were disgusted with the whole thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #986 on: December 31, 2022, 08:40:52 PM »
I forget what the number of single parent households was in the black community (maybe is was just no father in the home).  I think it was 70 to 80%?  I doubt any ethnic population would be helped by that sort of statistic. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #987 on: January 01, 2023, 02:20:25 AM »
 the girl in blue/behind the counter is a hell of a fighter!! - it took three of the much larger miscreant females to take her on. Her deflecting the chair was big on facebook the other day.
 While there is no way I would be at a place like that late on a weekend - if I was I would have tried to help her out .
 But I generally have learned my lesson about being with stupid people at stupid times, but that is just the customers  ... the shield maiden behind the counter is just there to earn money for rent and stuff, she's not a combatant - she's just good at fighting. They brought it to her - she wasn't looking to do anything but earn a living
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #988 on: January 01, 2023, 09:46:18 AM »
I forget what the number of single parent households was in the black community (maybe is was just no father in the home).  I think it was 70 to 80%?  I doubt any ethnic population would be helped by that sort of statistic.

Well, you disgusting racist....

The missing black father, mainly. Also, I wonder what Sowell's Black Rednecks has to say about the matter.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #989 on: January 01, 2023, 09:55:05 AM »
Well, you disgusting racist....

The missing black father, mainly. Also, I wonder what Sowell's Black Rednecks has to say about the matter.

I might need to read that book just based on the few negative reviews on Amazon.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #990 on: January 02, 2023, 05:14:39 PM »
the girl in blue/behind the counter is a hell of a fighter!! - it took three of the much larger miscreant females to take her on. Her deflecting the chair was big on facebook the other day.
 While there is no way I would be at a place like that late on a weekend - if I was I would have tried to help her out .
 But I generally have learned my lesson about being with stupid people at stupid times, but that is just the customers  ... the shield maiden behind the counter is just there to earn money for rent and stuff, she's not a combatant - she's just good at fighting. They brought it to her - she wasn't looking to do anything but earn a living.

What was the funniest was when that fat cow climbing over the counter ended falling on her face.  =D  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #991 on: January 02, 2023, 06:04:23 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #992 on: January 02, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »
Miami Police's new Fabulous Police Cruiser

https://twitter.com/Fisherlady111/status/1609588046995021824

Miami Police seem to have rolled out their pride-themed vehicles
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/01/02/miami-police-seem-to-have-rolled-out-their-pride-themed-vehicles/

I'm going to assume that it's strictly for their PR department. Because if I see flashing lights on a tutti frutti car, I'm not pulling over since I don't know who it is, and I have to (for my safety and theirs) assume a car like that is illegitimate.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #993 on: January 02, 2023, 07:08:29 PM »
I might need to read that book just based on the few negative reviews on Amazon.

Fantastic book.  It explains a lot.

White trash culture is almost identical the crappy parts of black culture.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #994 on: January 02, 2023, 07:54:24 PM »
I'm going to assume that it's strictly for their PR department. Because if I see flashing lights on a tutti frutti car, I'm not pulling over since I don't know who it is, and I have to (for my safety and theirs) assume a car like that is illegitimate.

Most departments have finally realized the ineffectiveness of their D.A.R.E. program so maybe they are using the funds from their DARE cruisers for their Pride+ cruiser which I can only think they will use to cruise South Beach with.

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #995 on: January 02, 2023, 09:12:03 PM »
What was the funniest was when that fat cow climbing over the counter ended falling on her face.  =D  [popcorn]
Had I been a customer there when that stuff broke out, I probably would have missed it since I would have been out the door by then.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #996 on: January 02, 2023, 10:22:17 PM »
 When the large woman slipped on the slippery counter and face planted, it was indeed very delightful. :rofl:
 Her throwing stuff around made the counter slippery in the first place.
 Then the blue clad Shield Maiden went full MMA on her sorry face LOL - our fearless heroine also deflected thrown chairs like champion.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #997 on: January 02, 2023, 11:11:14 PM »
I'm friends with the guy that owns all the Waffle Houses in Tulsa. He is generally reluctant to talk about these sorts of incidents.  =D =D :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #998 on: January 02, 2023, 11:16:18 PM »
Last time I went to a WH it caught fire. Luckily I was able to finish my meal before having to exit the building.
No serious damage, mostly contain to the grill area, but it was closed for a few days.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #999 on: January 03, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »
Miami Police's new Fabulous Police Cruiser

https://twitter.com/Fisherlady111/status/1609588046995021824

Miami Police seem to have rolled out their pride-themed vehicles
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/01/02/miami-police-seem-to-have-rolled-out-their-pride-themed-vehicles/

Laugh all you want.  The dude(?) in that thing will still shoot you.