Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 121610 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1375 on: April 15, 2023, 07:29:17 AM »
Guy on Twitter pretends to be a teacher who's secretly transitioning kids into Christianity.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/13/carpe-donktum-trolls-the-woke-claiming-hes-a-third-grade-teacher-talking-about-jesus-and-its-glorious/

Uh oh - my third grade teacher frequently talked to the entire class about Jesus. She didn't try to hide it from parents, either.

Her name was Sister Vincent Marie.  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1376 on: April 15, 2023, 08:00:37 AM »
Guy on Twitter pretends to be a teacher who's secretly transitioning kids into Christianity.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/13/carpe-donktum-trolls-the-woke-claiming-hes-a-third-grade-teacher-talking-about-jesus-and-its-glorious/

A guy could make a good living selling sarcasm meters and trolling gauges to idiots like those that fell for Carpe Donktum's tweets.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1377 on: April 15, 2023, 03:28:15 PM »
Another example of someone wanting you to pay the price for their bad life choices

A plus-sized influencer has demanded the Federal Aviation Authority and airlines give overweight flyers as many free seats as they require to fly comfortably. 

Jaelynn Chaney, a travel and lifestyle creator based in Vancouver, wants the Federal Aviation Authority to 'protect' plus-sized travelers and make flying in coach 'comfortable and accessible for everyone.'

She also wants airlines to be forced to refund overweight passengers for any extra seats they're forced to purchase when booking to accommodate their size.

And she wants you to pay for it.

Chaney admits that price tickets would have to rise if she were to get her way, and concedes non-overweight passengers could be faced with higher ticket prices to help cover improvements.

How about you walk instead? You may even loose a ton or two.

Plus-size influencer demands FAA and airlines give fat flyers as many FREE seats as they need to spread themselves out - and admits other passengers may have to foot the bill
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11976173/Plus-size-creator-creates-petition-try-force-airlines-offer-larger-passengers-bigger-seats.html
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 04:24:05 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1378 on: April 15, 2023, 04:42:46 PM »
Another example of someone wanting you to pay the price for their bad life choices

And she wants you to pay for it.

How about you walk instead? You may even loose a ton or two.

Plus-size influencer demands FAA and airlines give fat flyers as many FREE seats as they need to spread themselves out - and admits other passengers may have to foot the bill
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11976173/Plus-size-creator-creates-petition-try-force-airlines-offer-larger-passengers-bigger-seats.html

I guess it would be unwoke for airlines to start talking about the carbon footprint of overweight passengers, and ask them to lose weight? For the planet?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1379 on: April 15, 2023, 04:44:58 PM »
Pronouns: Fat/Fatty
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1380 on: April 15, 2023, 05:58:42 PM »
Another one for the, "Are they this stupid, or are they just catering to the stupid vote?" file. Good grief.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/15/rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-says-depraved-abortion-bans-protect-rapists/

(It shouldn't be OK to murder people, just because Daddy was a rapist. That's barbaric and evil. AOC should be objecting to that, instead of whatever it is she's doing.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1381 on: April 15, 2023, 07:39:21 PM »
Where's that asteroid?

People who identify as Adult Babies / Diaper Lovers face constant false accusations of pedophilia.

They've been fired and even legally separated from their children for what experts call harmless interests.

Nevertheless, the community continues to grow.https://t.co/SCe0RQLGPd

— The Stranger 🗞 (@TheStranger) March 31, 2023

Here’s what they’ll try to normalize after transgenderism
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/15/heres-what-theyll-try-to-normalize-after-transgenderism/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1382 on: April 15, 2023, 08:13:15 PM »
Members only story. Can't read unless you sign up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #1383 on: April 15, 2023, 08:14:27 PM »
Next time I fly will probably be to a Santa gig.

I plan on wearing The Suit.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1384 on: April 15, 2023, 08:39:30 PM »

A little cheat. As the page is loading hit stop before the VIP warning loads. Sometimes you have to try, hit reload then stop, a few times to hit the right spot.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #1385 on: April 15, 2023, 08:42:14 PM »

Using Firefox, I let the page load, then set Firefox for Reader View & was able to read the story. 

Wish I hadn't.

Anyway, it's a short piece on how some folks like to put on latex suits/costumes/? to look like female latex dolls.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1386 on: April 15, 2023, 10:13:14 PM »
Using Firefox, I let the page load, then set Firefox for Reader View & was able to read the story. 

Wish I hadn't.

Exactly.     [barf]
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1387 on: April 15, 2023, 10:32:20 PM »

I do that with Edge and it didn't really work on this page.  (perhaps just as well)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1388 on: April 17, 2023, 06:33:10 AM »

SNL identifies as not/funny – pushes trans activism on kids instead of doing comedy
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/04/17/snl-identifies-as-not-funny-pushes-trans-activism-on-kids-instead-of-doing-comedy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1389 on: April 17, 2023, 09:39:37 AM »
No, but I remember when the Onion was funny.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1390 on: April 17, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
No, but I remember when the Onion was funny.

It's like they don't even really try anymore.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1391 on: April 17, 2023, 10:18:31 AM »
Yeah.  Humor is (usually) subversive.  It subverts our expectations... this creates tension, which we relieve with a laugh... sometimes this points to a hidden truth.

In a conservative culture, funny humor tends to be leftist... it pokes fun at the way society works, and may expose hidden hypocracy.

In a leftist culture like ours, there is no humor in being told the same thing ever major media and establishment ahole preaches at us 24/7.  There is no subversion of expectations with leftist humor now.... it's boring.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1392 on: April 17, 2023, 11:12:09 AM »
Who watches SNL anymore?  For me it is like CNN or MSNBC, the only time I hear about them or see them is when I see links like these. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #1393 on: April 17, 2023, 11:18:46 AM »
Who watches SNL anymore?  For me it is like CNN or MSNBC, the only time I hear about them or see them is when I see links like these.

Every once in a while they do something really funny.  I hear about it and go look up the clip.  Doesn't happen very often.  I probably miss out on a few good ones but that's okay -- I can't watch the show anymore; it's too cringe (and not in a good way)
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1394 on: April 17, 2023, 11:23:53 AM »
Yeah.  Humor is (usually) subversive.  It subverts our expectations... this creates tension, which we relieve with a laugh... sometimes this points to a hidden truth.

In a conservative culture, funny humor tends to be leftist... it pokes fun at the way society works, and may expose hidden hypocracy.

In a leftist culture like ours, there is no humor in being told the same thing ever major media and establishment ahole preaches at us 24/7.  There is no subversion of expectations with leftist humor now.... it's boring.

John Cleese Says Cancel Culture Has Caused The 'Death Of Creativity' In Comedy
https://www.ladbible.com/news/john-cleese-calls-cancel-culture-the-death-of-creativity-lboz-20220721
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1395 on: April 17, 2023, 11:55:29 AM »
Every once in a while they do something really funny.  I hear about it and go look up the clip.  Doesn't happen very often.  I probably miss out on a few good ones but that's okay -- I can't watch the show anymore; it's too cringe (and not in a good way)

To be honest, even in the "good" years of SNL, only a few of the skits each week were really funny.  I imagine the "Best of SNL" compilations will skip over this period. 

Despite that, I am surprised at how many SNL skits form the 80's and 90's I remember from time to time.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1396 on: April 17, 2023, 12:08:11 PM »
A whole new meaning to "emergency kit":

Amber & I have compiled a true emergency kit for Briana & her friends. Plan-B, condoms, pregnancy tests. Just found out that I can add Narcan for free to that kit. I hope we never need to use it. But it will be there. You can see if you are eligible

It's for this sicko's 12 year old daughter and her friends.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/17/creeper-brags-about-true-emergency-kit-including-condoms-and-plan-b-for-his-12-year-old-and-her-friends/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1397 on: April 17, 2023, 12:12:03 PM »

It's for this sicko's 12 year old daughter and her friends.

Will probably be having their 2nd or 3rd child by then in some neighborhoods and communities
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1398 on: April 18, 2023, 09:10:29 AM »
Now rice is destroying the planet. No doubt the administration will immediately penalize US rice farmers. In the meantime, here's the countries that produce the most rice:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/03/visualizing-the-world-s-biggest-rice-producers/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/17/scientists-say-the-contribution-of-rice-to-climate-change-cannot-be-ignored/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1399 on: April 18, 2023, 09:16:10 AM »
Now rice is destroying the planet. No doubt the administration will immediately penalize US rice farmers. In the meantime, here's the countries that produce the most rice:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/03/visualizing-the-world-s-biggest-rice-producers/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/17/scientists-say-the-contribution-of-rice-to-climate-change-cannot-be-ignored/

Do you ever get the feeling that TPTB want to control our ready access to foodstuffs?  Or am I just being a paranoid reactionary bigoted useless eater?   [tinfoil]
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.