Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 114853 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1625 on: June 05, 2023, 06:09:31 PM »
This was another occasion where I had to read to the end of the post to make sure it was a Babylonbee satire.  It's getting harder to tell if you just skim the post.

I actually didn't catch that it was BB and just assumed it was real. Such is the world now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1626 on: June 05, 2023, 06:11:36 PM »
I had to go to a lab the other day for a quick examination and blood draw.  My wife is buying us some long term care insurance.  The phlebotomist apologized, said she knew the answers but still had to ask the questions.  She was required to ask if I had been pregnant recently, and whether I had any issues menstruating.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1627 on: June 05, 2023, 06:11:56 PM »
Yeah I should have included a Babylon Bee warning.
Like I said in my previous post it will be reality in a week or two if it's not already.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1628 on: June 05, 2023, 06:13:00 PM »
I had to go to a lab the other day for a quick examination and blood draw.  My wife is buying us some long term care insurance.  The phlebotomist apologized, said she knew the answers but still had to ask the questions.  She was required to ask if I had been pregnant recently, and whether I had any issues menstruating.

Well have you?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1629 on: June 05, 2023, 06:17:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure I haven't been pregnant.  The other thing I'll have to check.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1630 on: June 05, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »

No, she doesn't have to ask those questions. Why don't we know how to say no to nonsense anymore?

Oh, and here's that trans genocide they keep telling us about.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/06/05/man-video-recording-in-womens-locker-room-ok-if-he-is-trans-n555561

I don't know how the sweet little tranny survived such rough treatment.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1631 on: June 06, 2023, 07:30:56 AM »

No, she doesn't have to ask those questions. Why don't we know how to say no to nonsense anymore?

The questions were on an electronic form that she had to complete.  If the questions weren't answered, automatic denial of insurance.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1632 on: June 06, 2023, 07:36:07 AM »
The questions were on an electronic form that she had to complete.  If the questions weren't answered, automatic denial of insurance.

So if you don't go along with this madness denial of insurance  :facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1633 on: June 06, 2023, 11:59:32 AM »
I hate to promote Dr Phil, but this guy gives such a good, calm, cogent argument based on science that it's worth it. He was still called a tranny hater. On a side note, it's good to know that not all elementary school teachers are purple-haired lunatics.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1665403206904475648
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1634 on: June 06, 2023, 12:25:24 PM »
This might belong in the 2024 thread.  A plane crashed recently near DC.  It appears the family of a Trump donor was on the plane.  Salty Cracker already put out a video asking if this was the deep state going after Trump's donors.  The next 18 months will be interesting.

GOP donor's daughter and granddaughter, two, who were killed along with their nanny in private jet crash that triggered F-16 fighter jets to scramble above Virginia and cause sonic boom
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12159021/Trump-MAGA-donors-family-killed-Virginia-Cessna-crash-lost-daughter.html

Florida Businessman Says ‘Entire Family’ Was on Crashed Plane Behind D.C. Chaos
https://www.thedailybeast.com/crashed-plane-behind-dc-chaos-owned-by-maga-donor-couple

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1635 on: June 06, 2023, 12:33:16 PM »
This might belong in the 2024 thread.  A plane crashed recently near DC.  It appears the family of a Trump donor was on the plane.  Salty Cracker already put out a video asking if this was the deep state going after Trump's donors.  The next 18 months will be interesting.

GOP donor's daughter and granddaughter, two, who were killed along with their nanny in private jet crash that triggered F-16 fighter jets to scramble above Virginia and cause sonic boom
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12159021/Trump-MAGA-donors-family-killed-Virginia-Cessna-crash-lost-daughter.html

Florida Businessman Says ‘Entire Family’ Was on Crashed Plane Behind D.C. Chaos
https://www.thedailybeast.com/crashed-plane-behind-dc-chaos-owned-by-maga-donor-couple
I heard a news story on TV asserting that a woman on that plane was " . . . a prominent NRA member . . ."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1636 on: June 07, 2023, 10:38:27 AM »

Bill to Stop Employees Confronting Shoplifters Passed by California Senate   ;/
https://www.newsweek.com/store-retail-violence-robbery-theft-stealing-california-1804565

Protecting their voters.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1637 on: June 07, 2023, 10:41:23 AM »
The left may have to rethink their immigration and "diversity is our strength" creeds.

Armenian-Americans in CA are not enthused with the school's pride events, and protest.  Antifa shows up and sees white people protesting, and not understanding Armenians aren't Portland hipsters rush up and get in their faces.  Glendale PD has to rescue the Antifa.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1666261019562213378?s=20

On the other side of the coutry, in Maryland, a whole bunch of Muslim's are protesting Montgomary County's policy that parents can't opt out of sex curriculum.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1666233789457084418?s=20

https://twitter.com/AsraNomani/status/1666267708332077058?s=20

I can't wait till the Central American Catholics start to weigh in on social issues.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1638 on: June 07, 2023, 10:51:14 AM »

https://www.newsweek.com/store-retail-violence-robbery-theft-stealing-california-1804565

Protecting their voters.

Come on in, everything is free

Basically the security guard job, if there is one, now is to make sure the shoplifters don't get harassed
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1639 on: June 07, 2023, 10:51:42 AM »

Protecting their voters.

I recall reading that after the collapse of the USSR, a business model popped up in which goods were sold from locked metal booths; a pile of rubles passed through a small opening and the item passed back though.  If shoplifting gets bad enough, I can see this type of service counter model happening.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1640 on: June 07, 2023, 10:53:53 AM »
I recall reading that after the collapse of the USSR, a business model popped up in which goods were sold from locked metal booths; a pile of rubles passed through a small opening and the item passed back though.  If shoplifting gets bad enough, I can see this type of service counter model happening.

already there

Walgreens debuts new 'anti-theft' store with just two aisles where customers can shop for themselves - the rest is locked up and needs to be ordered from a kiosk
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12152849/Walgreens-debuts-new-anti-theft-store-just-two-aisles-customers-shop-themselves.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1641 on: June 07, 2023, 11:04:13 AM »
On the other side of the coutry, in Maryland, a whole bunch of Muslim's are protesting Montgomary County's policy that parents can't opt out of sex curriculum.

Someone is trying to promote "devout Muslims for pride", claiming that Mohammed loved the gayz. As one of the comments suggested, they should try this in Muslim countries.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/06/hot-take-we-should-take-our-pride-cues-from-muhammad-who-was-an-og-ally-to-the-lgbtq-community/

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1642 on: June 07, 2023, 11:07:34 AM »

Basically the security guard job, if there is one, now is to make sure the shoplifters don't get harassed

I think the bill says only security guards are allowed to stop shoplifting.  Any other employee is banned from doing so.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1643 on: June 07, 2023, 11:17:52 AM »
I think the bill says only security guards are allowed to stop shoplifting.  Any other employee is banned from doing so.

Okay, but give them a couple of more weeks on taking care of that.
What do you mean you didn't help them load their car with the stolen goods? 15 years hard labor.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1644 on: June 07, 2023, 11:21:30 AM »
It's getting to the point where sometimes I start to wonder why am I being a law abiding citizen?
Don't take that as me saying I'm going to go criminal, I still got to live with myself.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1645 on: June 07, 2023, 11:26:04 AM »
It's getting to the point where sometimes I start to wonder why am I being a law abiding citizen?
Don't take that as me saying I'm going to go criminal, I still got to live with myself.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1646 on: June 07, 2023, 11:48:28 AM »
Encourage criminal activity by not punishing it.  Make it illegal for law abiding citizens punish them or defend themselves. 

The leftists are pretty consistent with that.  Pretty much the same trend of decision making my entire life.  Different arguments maybe, but the same result. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1647 on: June 07, 2023, 12:11:16 PM »
This could get..... interesting

A Democratic member of a Maryland city council blasted Muslim children as on the side of "White supremacists" after they spoke out against sexuality discussions and materials in classrooms during a heated school board meeting Tuesday evening.

"This issue has unfortunately does put… some Muslim families on the same side of an issue as White supremacists and outright bigots," said Democrat Kristin Mink of Montgomery County Council for District 5. "I would not put you in the same category as those folks, although, you know, it's complicated because they're falling on the same side of this particular issue."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dem-maryland-official-muslim-children-aligned-white-supremacists-opposing-lgbtq-curriculum

Also shows how the left now considers anyone opposing the LGBTQ grooming of your children a white supremacist.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1648 on: June 07, 2023, 02:45:46 PM »
Babylon Bee warning

Lululemon Fires Employee For Not Offering To Help Looters Bag Clothes And Load Them Into Their Car
https://babylonbee.com/news/lululemon-employees-fired-for-not-offering-to-help-looters-bag-clothes-and-load-them-into-their-car
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1649 on: June 07, 2023, 04:14:32 PM »
Babylon Bee warning

Lululemon Fires Employee For Not Offering To Help Looters Bag Clothes And Load Them Into Their Car
https://babylonbee.com/news/lululemon-employees-fired-for-not-offering-to-help-looters-bag-clothes-and-load-them-into-their-car

When did the Babylon Bee start reporting real news?