Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 174265 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #3100 on: June 07, 2024, 07:35:08 PM »
At this point I think they're putting these things in the street knowing full well people are going to leave marks on purpose or not thus giving them something else to whine about.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3102 on: June 09, 2024, 06:28:56 PM »
I'm thinking of moving to Argentina...

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/06/09/el-loco-strikes-again-javier-milei-shutters-argentinas-ministry-of-women-gender-and-diversity-n2397119

As opposed to Australia:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/29/australia/australia-mens-behavior-violence-intl-hnk/index.html

Victoria Premier Jacinta Allan announced Wednesday that state MP Tim Richardson would serve as the inaugural Parliamentary Secretary for Men’s Behavior Change – the first position of its kind in the country.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3104 on: June 09, 2024, 06:48:45 PM »
That's like having a Secretary for Urban Blacks' Behavior Change.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3105 on: June 10, 2024, 09:07:20 AM »
Hoping this is someone sick idea of a sick joke but nowadays it's getting harder and harder to tell.

Trans "woman" wants a uterus transplant into him so that "she" can be the first trans "woman" to have an abortion.
Do you need any more proof these people are mentally ill?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13513397/Trans-woman-wants-uterus-transplant-abortion.html
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 09:20:07 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3106 on: June 10, 2024, 09:10:11 AM »
Would it be any more of a joke than women claiming to be the victims of not being allowed to murder their kids?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3107 on: June 10, 2024, 09:22:25 AM »
Hoping this is someone sick idea of a sick joke but nowadays it's getting harder and harder to tell.

Trans "woman" wants a uterus transplant into a him so that "she" can be the first trans "woman" to have an abortion.
Do you need any more proof these people are mentally ill?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13513397/Trans-woman-wants-uterus-transplant-abortion.html

These days, it seems my morning starts with some "What the hell?" story that I read, and then slowly escalates into greater madness. This morning I was reading about some cosmetologist getting raked over the coals because she wouldn't wax a "transgender woman's" wiener and nuts. She felt uncomfortable handling male genitalia, and that was too much for the wokes.

Now I've read the above, and I have to wonder how much more out there of a story I will read by the end of the day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3108 on: June 10, 2024, 09:29:36 AM »
These days, it seems my morning starts with some "What the hell?" story that I read, and then slowly escalates into greater madness. This morning I was reading about some cosmetologist getting raked over the coals because she wouldn't wax a "transgender woman's" wiener and nuts. She felt uncomfortable handling male genitalia, and that was too much for the wokes.

Now I've read the above, and I have to wonder how much more out there of a story I will read by the end of the day.

Bake the cake Wax the balls
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3109 on: June 10, 2024, 09:31:32 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3110 on: June 10, 2024, 02:26:53 PM »
Now kids on scooters
https://x.com/EndWokeness/status/1799071669157523709

And I suppose they were yelling this is MAGA country too right?

But it gets better.
https://x.com/schwagerTV/status/1798864327841329367

Guess they're going to start arresting every kid on a scooter within 100 yards of that thing
It's a street moron, people are going to leave marks

Pulitzer Incoming: Spokane Reporter OUTRAGED That Kids Are Riding Their Scooters on the Street
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/06/07/pulitzer-incoming-spokane-reporter-outraged-that-kids-are-riding-there-scooters-on-the-street-n2397085

Update for the crime of the century

Three Washington teens could face ten years in jail after being arrested for making skid marks on an LGBT rainbow road mural while riding e-scooters.

Nineteen-year-old Ruslan V. V Turko and two unnamed minors were arrested on Wednesday for first-degree malicious mischief after vandalizing the rainbow Pride mural that sits in front of Riverfront Park located in Spokane, Washington.

Turko appeared in court on Thursday, alongside legal counsel. Prosecutors requested a $15,000 bond that would cover the approximate cost of re-painting the mural. The teen was later released on his own recognizance on the condition that he does not return to the crosswalk, or the other suspects.
10 years??? I doubt they would actually get sentenced to that but still and you never know nowadays.

and to make this even sillier
Lime, the company that creates the e-scooters, was appalled by the incident, and issued a statement on Friday, that shared their support for the LGBTQ community.
Trying to head off that assault scooter lawsuit?

Three Washington teens are facing TEN YEARS in jail after making skid marks on LGBT rainbow road mural while riding e-scooters
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13513907/washington-spokane-teens-jail-lgbtq-rainbow-mural-vandalism.html

Meanwhile at the Babylon Bee

Kids Arrested For Driving Scooters Over Pride Flag Wishing They Had Burned American Flag Instead
https://babylonbee.com/news/kids-arrested-for-driving-scooters-over-pride-flag-wishing-they-had-burned-american-flag-instead
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3111 on: June 10, 2024, 02:30:11 PM »
At this point I want to see a caravan of big PUs and cars take turns doing burn out on that thing.
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #3112 on: June 10, 2024, 06:53:26 PM »
10 years??? I doubt they would actually get sentenced to that but still and you never know nowadays.

I think 10 years is pretty light.  Should be crucifixion to discourage these minor insurrections. [/sarcasm]
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3113 on: June 10, 2024, 07:31:26 PM »
Supposedly the scooters will now shut down over the pride trap

Motorized Scooters Will Shut Down If They Touch the Pride Mural in Spokane
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/10/motorized-scooters-will-shut-down-if-they-touch-the-pride-mural-in-spokane-n2397149

I want someone to paint a large American flag in the same street and see how the city reacts if someone leaves skid marks on it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3114 on: June 10, 2024, 08:26:46 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3115 on: June 10, 2024, 08:36:20 PM »
I want someone to paint a large American flag in the same street and see how the city reacts if someone leaves skid marks on it.

I would really like to see that as well.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3116 on: June 10, 2024, 08:37:17 PM »
Supposedly the scooters will now shut down over the pride trap

Motorized Scooters Will Shut Down If They Touch the Pride Mural in Spokane
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/10/motorized-scooters-will-shut-down-if-they-touch-the-pride-mural-in-spokane-n2397149

Wouldn't it be a violation of the flag codes to paint the US flag on a street like that?
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3117 on: June 10, 2024, 08:39:07 PM »
Wouldn't it be a violation of the flag codes to paint the US flag on a street like that?

Maybe and if it is I'm sure the Founding Fathers will understand this is in the name of science
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3118 on: June 11, 2024, 08:41:48 AM »
A top cancer charity has apologized for using the word 'cervix' instead of trans-friendly 'front hole.'

The Canadian Cancer Society, which is run by philanthropist Andrea Seale, acknowledged the LGBTQ+ community on a webpage dedicated to cervical cancer, under the page's 'words matter' section.

The non-profit said that 'many' non-binary people and transgender men have 'mixed feelings' or 'feel distanced' from the term cervix.

'We recognize that many trans men and non-binary people may have mixed feelings about or feel distanced from words like "cervix",' the statement said.

They SHOULD 'feel distanced' from the term cervix if they're a man in the real world.  :facepalm:

'You may prefer other words, such as “front hole.” We recognize the limitations of the words we’ve used while also acknowledging the need for simplicity. Another reason we use words like “cervix” is to normalize the reality that men can have these body parts too.'

Real world reality check! If they have a cervix then they are a woman NOT a man.

Top cancer charity apologizes for using word 'cervix' instead of trans-friendly 'front hole'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13510709/cervical-canadian-cancer-society-cervix-hole.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 09:01:02 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3119 on: June 11, 2024, 09:37:22 AM »
Most know I don't follow any sportsballs whatsoever, but this popped up in my newsfeed this morning. This Caitlin Clark gal is apparently being regularly abused by POC players, with zero repercussions.

https://www.outkick.com/sports/caitlin-clark-going-seriously-injured-racial-animus-continues-bobby-burack

Some are saying it's not only because she's white but straight as well.

Bill Maher believes Caitlin Clark is being picked on by WNBA rivals because she is heterosexual in a 'very lesbian' league.

The late-night TV host also claimed that both and sex race play their part after Clark was knocked to the ground by Chicago's Chennedy Carter.

'It’s (because) women are catty, the league is very lesbian and she’s not, and there’s race. There’s a lot going on,' Maher said following the incident, which sent shockwaves around the sporting world.

'There’s also a racial element to this... it’s not always racism when a white person succeeds.'
Bill Maher claims Caitlin Clark is being targeted by WNBA rivals because she's not a lesbian - and because she's white
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wnba/article-13514093/Bill-Maher-claims-Caitlin-Clark-targeted-WNBA-rivals-shes-not-lesbian-shes-white.html

He's not the only one saying this
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3120 on: June 11, 2024, 09:55:52 AM »

"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3121 on: June 11, 2024, 09:57:49 AM »
Actually they have the exact same access as whites but as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3122 on: June 11, 2024, 10:44:26 AM »
^^^^

Account suspended.   :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3123 on: June 11, 2024, 10:46:01 AM »
^^^^

Account suspended.   :rofl:

Are we facebook now?  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3124 on: June 11, 2024, 10:56:40 AM »
Sorry, should have been more clear:  Kimberly Parker Tamlin-Vesper has been suspended from X.  That was apparantly too racist for Elon and Co.