Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 233675 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #3225 on: July 06, 2024, 11:04:01 AM »
Nearly 100 "people" swarm a gas station in Oakland

Nightmarish moment 100 robbers ransack gas station in hellhole California city... days after progressive mayor touts drop in crime
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13606247/Nightmarish-moment-100-robbers-ransack-gas-station-hellhole-California-city-Oakland.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3226 on: July 06, 2024, 11:59:58 AM »
I really don't understand why like 80% of the businesses haven't vacated that shithole rather than maybe 20%. There are so many other places, including other liberal cities, where the cost of living and cost of doing business would be superior.

Given the employees escaped, seems like a great opportunity to drop a bomb on the building and eliminate 100 rabid animals.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3227 on: July 07, 2024, 01:32:01 PM »
Apparently Ms. Doubtfire is problematic nowadays

As the "Mrs. Doubtfire" musical returns center stage to San Francisco today, critics are accusing the play of containing "tired, transphobic tropes."

"Never once did we want to be asking the audience to laugh at the notion of a man putting on a dress," actor Rob McClure, who plays Daniel Hillard in the live-action production, told SFGate.

"To see them celebrate a story that ends with a guy in drag getting his own children’s television show, they’re giving it a standing ovation, not realizing they’re cheering against their own preconceived biases… In a weird way, they’re showing their hand, that their issue isn’t drag, it’s homophobia. It’s that if the character isn’t gay, they’re not scared of it," the Tony nominee added.

As usual they miss the entire point of the story

‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ musical causes stir in San Francisco, is hammered for being 'transphobic'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/mrs-doubtfire-musical-causes-stir-san-francisco-hammered-being-transphobic
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3228 on: July 07, 2024, 09:51:16 PM »
Andrea Mitchell falls asleep during a broadcast.

https://youtu.be/SGy85dj7auc?si=bxwhL5vAmsMsVTik

Not quite "world going mad" material, but I guess it sorta fits here.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2024, 10:44:09 PM by Perd Hapley »
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3229 on: July 07, 2024, 10:03:30 PM »
Andrea Mitchell falls asleep during broadcast.

https://youtu.be/SGy85dj7auc?si=bxwhL5vAmsMsVTik

Not quite "world going mad" material, but I guess it sorta fits here.

As one of the comments said, that looked more like a "dope nod".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3230 on: July 08, 2024, 07:58:59 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3231 on: July 08, 2024, 12:40:20 PM »
Becky Pringle of the Teacher's Union:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1810052418152882475

Dwight Schrute of Dunder Mifflin:

https://youtu.be/LYyZqlyDEL4?t=25

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3232 on: July 08, 2024, 01:22:08 PM »
Becky Pringle of the Teacher's Union:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1810052418152882475

I don't know whether to go forward and pray at the altar, or go smash some Jewish shop windows.
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3233 on: July 08, 2024, 01:29:41 PM »
I don't know whether to go forward and pray at the altar, or go smash some Jewish shop windows.
Whatever you are doing, you can do it, you get to do it, you must do it, you have done it, you could do it, you might have once done it, you done done it now, you did do it, you haven't not done it, you will do it!!!!!!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3234 on: July 08, 2024, 01:55:32 PM »
Pringle and Kamala Harris must have the same speech writer.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3235 on: July 08, 2024, 09:35:36 PM »
Woah. New York just changed the garbage game, y'all.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/07/08/new-york-trash-bins-n2398128
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3236 on: July 08, 2024, 09:41:01 PM »

Holy moly. Maybe it's my unsophisticated suburban upbringing, but is this common in big cities? No trash cans? I would have figured that it would be some kind of health regulation in a city that likes to regulate every little thing. No wonder we hear all the stories about New York City rats. How disgusting.

Anyways, welcome, NYC, to what the rest of us have been doing for like 100 years already.

WLJ

• friends
« Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 10:00:47 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3238 on: July 08, 2024, 10:38:24 PM »
Holy moly. Maybe it's my unsophisticated suburban upbringing, but is this common in big cities? No trash cans? I would have figured that it would be some kind of health regulation in a city that likes to regulate every little thing. No wonder we hear all the stories about New York City rats. How disgusting.

Anyways, welcome, NYC, to what the rest of us have been doing for like 100 years already.

The same city that thinks shitty convenience stores are magical places because they call them bodegas

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3239 on: July 09, 2024, 05:59:32 AM »
Remember when AOC got her new apartment and thought her garbage disposal was “bougie”?

NYC may have some aspects that are desirable to some people, but you sacrifice to live there.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3240 on: July 09, 2024, 07:16:57 AM »
Remember when AOC got her new apartment and thought her garbage disposal was “bougie”?

NYC may have some aspects that are desirable to some people, but you sacrifice to live there.

Yeah, Babies probably.  Someone's gotta feed the sewer gators.

Perd Hapley

• friend
--Thomas Jefferson

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3242 on: July 09, 2024, 02:23:12 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/marshal-shoots-carjacking-suspect-outside-supreme-court-justice-s-home/ar-BB1pGPZS?ocid=BingNewsSerp

I'm shocked this is being reported as a simple carjacking, and not as scary MAGA political violence.
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3243 on: July 09, 2024, 03:01:47 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/marshal-shoots-carjacking-suspect-outside-supreme-court-justice-s-home/ar-BB1pGPZS?ocid=BingNewsSerp

and not as scary MAGA political violence.

That would be difficult with the suspect's name.

Kentrell Flowers

More likely is that the Marshals will be charged with a hate crime.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3244 on: July 10, 2024, 07:55:14 AM »
The Sacramento city attorney is threatening a local Target for reporting crimes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sacramento-city-attorney-reportedly-threatened-fine-target-store-reporting-theft-crimes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3245 on: July 10, 2024, 09:05:04 AM »
The Sacramento city attorney is threatening a local Target for reporting crimes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sacramento-city-attorney-reportedly-threatened-fine-target-store-reporting-theft-crimes

Well how the hell else can they keep crime down! If you make it illegal to report crime, crime drops!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3246 on: July 10, 2024, 09:53:56 AM »

My first assumption is the unions for garbage workers refused to use the cans because it cut jobs.  Instead or 2 or 3 guys throwing bags in the truck, you have a driver and truck with an arm that grabs the can. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3247 on: July 10, 2024, 10:09:34 AM »
My first assumption is the unions for garbage workers refused to use the cans because it cut jobs.  Instead or 2 or 3 guys throwing bags in the truck, you have a driver and truck with an arm that grabs the can.

I remember when I was a kid, our trash company supplied trash can was made of the same steel, and was the same shape, as a 55 gal drum but on wheels and with a handle like a bicycle handlebar. Only it was more the size of 65-75 gallon drum (from little kid having to wheel it out memory). The garbage collectors lifted those into the truck. Actually one guy, that they called the "swamper" did that, while the other guy drove. That must have been a back killer. That was at least through the 70s, and I think it was mid-80s when we got the plastic cans that go in the arm.

I just tried doing an image search but can't for the life of me find a picture.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3248 on: July 10, 2024, 09:07:18 PM »
Josh Hawley
@HawleyMO
This crazy judicial nominee thinks saying women and men are different is a First Amendment violation! Insane

https://x.com/HawleyMO/status/1811065709125935442

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3249 on: July 11, 2024, 08:18:38 AM »
It's about the evil "Zionists", but still probably belongs here in the mad world. You just want to slap all three of them.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/07/10/police-allegedly-touch-disabled-muslim-trans-person-of-color-without-consent-n2398219