Main Forums > The Roundtable

Another Amazon Delivery Thread

<< < (7/8) > >>

Grandpa Shooter:
Between my wife and I we probably average 10-15 deliveries a month through Amazon.  Free shipping and fast delivery.  Sometimes it is the Prime truck, sometimes our local mail lady, but they always arrive right in front of our full glass front door on the porch.  Our dogs (3) diligently watch under the Roman shade for anything that moves out front.  You can watch the Prime people jump when the dogs all hit the glass at full voice.  No thefts and no failed deliveries for us.  One USPS shipment got sent to a suburb of Louisville and delayed when they re-routed it, but no big deal for us.  I guess living in a rural area has its perks.

RoadKingLarry:

--- Quote from: WLJ on August 23, 2021, 08:13:35 PM ---Yeah, I've had a few things shipped to me where all they did was slap a shipping label on the the retail store shelf box

--- End quote ---

A dozen years or so ago I ordered a Lyman GPR flintlock kit from one of the big online shooting supply outfits. I came home from work to find it on the front porch, shipping labels slapped on the retail packaging. Got my package of 1K bulk .223 from MidwayUSA Friday, UPS label on the regular Federal packaging.

WLJ:
Just spent an hour on the phone with Amazon trying to get pass their scripted answers and into their thick heads that something is amiss in shipping. After getting bounced around I think I finally got someone to listen.

WLJ:
And they lose another one.

AmbulanceDriver:

--- Quote from: Bogie on August 23, 2021, 07:54:55 PM ---You wouldn't believe the heavy car parts that are shipped in garbage packaging...

Oh, and I hate brake rotors.

--- End quote ---

Ordered a pair of brake rotors for my truck a few weeks back.  They shipped in a *sturdy* cardboard box, with 1/8" thick plywood above and below.  Granted these are for a 3/4 ton truck, so they weigh 35 lbs each.   But I was pleasantly surprised by the sturdiness of the packaging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version