Author Topic: WHY!!!  (Read 3394 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
WHY!!!
« on: December 18, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »
Why would a hospital make and promulgate a video of an employee getting a COVID-19 vaccination -- that is obviously faked?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1984002/hospital-accused-faking-nurse-coronavirus-vaccine-injection-tv/

Watch the video. The plunger on the syringe is already down, and doesn't move, so nothing was injected. And the hospital later confirmed that the emplyee was later vaccinated "a second" (meaning for the first) time.

I know we are living in clown world, but ... really?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: WHY!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
IMO, either they are stupid or they are intentionally fueling conspiracy speculation.  I vote for stupid myself (safe choice), but both might be a likely option.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »
Maybe they were just "acting" for the camera and this was the fourth or fifth "take."

No big deal.  Bronson can hit an evil doer at 100 yards in a dark  underground parking lot with a .32 ACP and knock 'im down dead right there and did it in only three "takes" =D

Could also be "they" (the station) had earsplitting screeches from Karens because they showed a real injection on TV, where little kids could see it EEK! and be harmed forever in their little brains AAAK! and why deal with such schnooks more than necessary, so lay off the reality and don't forget steaks are manufactured in the meat department of supermarkets.  (So are hamburgers and hot dogs.)

Once again, no big deal.  We should be more concerned with the possibility of Harris being POTUS if anything happens to Uncle Joe.

Terry, 230RN

REF (Josef Vissaranovich Djugashvili also used to be called "Uncle Joe"):

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol47no1/article02.html

« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 05:05:31 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 05:30:04 PM »
230RN per usual nailed it.  It's video production.  The camera crew probably took a few videos of it with different angles and lighting, and the editing folks put the best of it with the scripted content for publishing.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 06:42:28 PM »
^ Thank you.  I applaud you with my clapperboard...

Terry

Pic credit in properties

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »
I have no surprise. I would expect as much. Here's some more shockers... sometimes when you see coffee cups in TV shows and online videos... there's actually not coffee in them. This was confirmed by my contacts with direct experience. They even pretend to drink them! Now ask yourself, why would they try to deceive us like that?

Not only would I expect a video crew to fake the injection, I would be surprised if the people are actually nurses or doctors. I know it may be shocking, but sometimes the firefighters and doctors and superheroes and step sisters and such in that you see in videos are just pretending! They're just actors!!!!!

Seriously though I used to know a pro photographer who had lots of cool stories about shooting car commercials where the car was actually a cardboard cutout, or things like that. According to him, the pancake syrup that you see in commercials or even on pancake syrup labels is always motor oil. Real syrup runs off and soaks in too fast. So if you did actually shoot a photo using real pancake syrup, client would probably think it looked fake.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »
Why would a hospital make and promulgate a video of an employee getting a COVID-19 vaccination -- that is obviously faked?

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1984002/hospital-accused-faking-nurse-coronavirus-vaccine-injection-tv/

Watch the video. The plunger on the syringe is already down, and doesn't move, so nothing was injected. And the hospital later confirmed that the emplyee was later vaccinated "a second" (meaning for the first) time.

I know we are living in clown world, but ... really?

So it was like sex in an R movie
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2020, 10:03:06 PM »
So, this isn't real?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 10:11:51 PM »
They're not even trying at this point,  and people line up to make excuses for it.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 10:33:17 PM »
   #BREAKING 15 minutes after a nurse was given the COVID-19 vaccine, she fainted while mid-interview with us. @CHI_Memorial Doctors on scene tell us this is common after being given a vaccination and that they don’t believe it’s related to the vaccine.

— Stephanie LaChance (@StephLaChanceTV) December 17, 2020
Fainting can be triggered by many types of medical procedures.  In fact, CDC has received reports of people fainting after nearly all vaccines. Fainting after getting a vaccine is most commonly reported after three vaccines given to adolescents: HPV, MCV4, and Tdap.  Because the ingredients of these three vaccines are different, yet fainting is seen with all of them, scientists think that fainting is due to the vaccination process and not to the vaccines themselves.  However, there is not yet a definite answer about whether an ingredient of the vaccines is responsible for the fainting or if adolescents are simply more likely than children or adults to experience fainting.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/18/pro-tip-hospitals-should-not-put-nurses-with-a-history-of-fainting-live-on-camera-to-showcase-the-safety-of-the-covid-19-vaccine/

It's so common I've never heard of it
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/12/18/pro-tip-hospitals-should-not-put-nurses-with-a-history-of-fainting-live-on-camera-to-showcase-the-safety-of-the-covid-19-vaccine/

I've never heard of it, either. Whenever I've been vaccinated (flu shot, Shingrix, whatever) they've just had me role up my sleeve or open up my shirt, they stick me, maybe put a bandaid over the injection site, and send me on my way. Never a fifteen minute observation period, which one would think mandatory if fainting is "a thing."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2020, 11:17:32 PM »
I've never heard of it, either. Whenever I've been vaccinated (flu shot, Shingrix, whatever) they've just had me role up my sleeve or open up my shirt, they stick me, maybe put a bandaid over the injection site, and send me on my way. Never a fifteen minute observation period, which one would think mandatory if fainting is "a thing."

Because...It's bullshit?

Yet another thing that makes no sense as to why they'd even allow the clip.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »
I have no surprise. I would expect as much. Here's some more shockers... sometimes when you see coffee cups in TV shows and online videos... there's actually not coffee in them. This was confirmed by my contacts with direct experience. They even pretend to drink them! Now ask yourself, why would they try to deceive us like that?

Not only would I expect a video crew to fake the injection, I would be surprised if the people are actually nurses or doctors. I know it may be shocking, but sometimes the firefighters and doctors and superheroes and step sisters and such in that you see in videos are just pretending! They're just actors!!!!!

Seriously though I used to know a pro photographer who had lots of cool stories about shooting car commercials where the car was actually a cardboard cutout, or things like that. According to him, the pancake syrup that you see in commercials or even on pancake syrup labels is always motor oil. Real syrup runs off and soaks in too fast. So if you did actually shoot a photo using real pancake syrup, client would probably think it looked fake.

So, crisis actors?  =D
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 07:45:01 AM »
This wasn’t the only nurse to get a shot in the video, and the other nurses actually had something in their syringes, and it wasn’t something they were redoing for the camera.

If that makes this more interesting.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 09:08:38 AM »
Quote from: WLJ
   #BREAKING 15 minutes after a nurse was given the COVID-19 vaccine, she fainted while mid-interview with us. @CHI_Memorial Doctors on scene tell us this is common after being given a vaccination and that they don’t believe it’s related to the vaccine.

— Stephanie LaChance (@StephLaChanceTV) December 17, 2020
Fainting can be triggered by many types of medical procedures.  In fact, CDC has received reports of people fainting after nearly all vaccines. Fainting after getting a vaccine is most commonly reported after three vaccines given to adolescents: HPV, MCV4, and Tdap.  Because the ingredients of these three vaccines are different, yet fainting is seen with all of them, scientists think that fainting is due to the vaccination process and not to the vaccines themselves.  However, there is not yet a definite answer about whether an ingredient of the vaccines is responsible for the fainting or if adolescents are simply more likely than children or adults to experience fainting.

Quote from: Andiron
Because...It's bullshit?

You've never heard of it?  It's literally one of the questions you answer for every vaccine.  "Do you have a history of fainting or dizziness after shots?".  It's a very common reaction to shots (and blood draws).  It feels like every time the Army gets a couple hundred soldiers in for a mass medical readiness event at least one person passes out in the shot line.  While I personally don't have the issue in my 20 some-od years of doing annual large group vaccination events, I've personally seen 7 or 8 people drop from getting a shot.  That's not me being a medical provider, just they were close enough to me in line I could see it.

It's pretty common.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 09:26:06 AM »
For the COVID immunes, we are asking the employees to stay around for 15 minutes afterward for observation to ensure no one has an anaphylactic reaction or the like. I am signed up as an observer for our vaccination mass events to do exactly this.

PS: this is why we are having an observation period:  https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/18/health/alaska-third-allergic-reaction-vaccine/index.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 10:31:48 AM by MillCreek »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2020, 10:04:32 AM »

Not only would I expect a video crew to fake the injection, I would be surprised if the people are actually nurses or doctors. I know it may be shocking, but sometimes the firefighters and doctors and superheroes and step sisters and such that you see in videos are just pretending! They're just actors!!!!!

I see what you did there.  =D

Terry, 230RN

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2020, 11:59:35 AM »

You've never heard of it?  It's literally one of the questions you answer for every vaccine.  "Do you have a history of fainting or dizziness after shots?".

Between the Army, civilian shots by private doctors, and multiple shots at the VA hospital, I can state with abslote certainty that in the course of 76 years on this planet nobody has asked me that -- not even once.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2020, 12:59:38 PM »
When i was in my late teens I took a friend of mine to his doctor appointment and was sitting in the waiting room when he came out.

He sat down beside me said started to talk to me and passed out. I'm like wtf and call for the nurse. When he came to a few minutes later he said he thought he had me that he always passes out after getting a shot.

Th kicker to this story is later in life he got diabetes and had to poke himself everyday.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2020, 01:14:27 PM »
I have been asked about fainting or fear perhaps 20% of the time prior to having vaccinations or blood drawn.

That would be higher if I counted the times I've been asked if I'm afraid when I look away before the needle goes in. Rather, I look away because the same as with my eyes, when I see something my brain processes as sharp or dangerous, if I see it coming, I involuntarily flinch away. My eye doctor probably goes through a gallon of dilation drops every time she sees me from my head turning at the last second.  :laugh:

Too often, because most of the vampires are women, when they ask, I then have to prove my manhood by watching the needle go in, then staring at the blood tube as it fills. I guess it's good practice, but I look at the flinch reaction as an evolutionary plus.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »
Between the Army, civilian shots by private doctors, and multiple shots at the VA hospital, I can state with abslote certainty that in the course of 76 years on this planet nobody has asked me that -- not even once.

I can state with absolute certainty you have.

Here are the questions that are on EVERY Flu Vaccine questionnaire in the country, as recommended by CDC:

1. Is the person to be vaccinated sick today?

2. Does the person to be vaccinated have an allergy to a component of the vaccine?

3. Has the person to be vaccinated ever had a serious reaction or adverse event to influenza vaccine in the past?

4. Has the person to be vaccinated ever had Guillain-Barré syndrome?

bolding mine.  What is an adverse event to the Flu vaccine you might ask?  Well it's listed on the little fact sheet they give you, but let me just link the CDC page on that.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/vaccination/vaccine_safety.htm

Adverse Events
Pain and other injection site reactionsexternal icon are frequently reported after IIV vaccination in both children and adults. In IIV clinical trialsexternal icon, up to 65% of people vaccinated with IIV experience pain at the injection site during the first week after vaccination which usually did not interfere with activity.

Fever, malaise, myalgia, and other systemic symptoms can occur after vaccination with IIV, most often affecting individuals who have had no previous exposure to the influenza virus antigens in the vaccine (e.g., young children). In adults, the rate of having these symptoms is similar after IIV and after a placebo injection.

Vaccine components can on rare occasions cause allergic reactions (immediate hypersensitivity). Manifestations of immediate hypersensitivity range from mild urticaria (hives) and angioedema (swelling beneath the skin) to anaphylaxis.

In some seasons, IIV has been associated with febrile seizures in young children, particularly when given together with 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV13) and diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis (DTaP) vaccines. Flu vaccine composition often changes year-to-year, and CDC and FDA will continue to closely monitor the safety of influenza vaccines each season.

Guillain–Barré Syndrome (GBS) following IIV occurs rarely. The cause of GBS, a serious neurological condition that can cause paralysis, is unknown, however, gastrointestinal and upper respiratory infections are known risk factors.
     Safety monitoring of seasonal IIV over the course of many years has not detected a clear link to GBS. However, if there is a risk of GBS from IIV, it would be no more than 1 or 2 cases per million people vaccinated.
     Each year, about 3,000 to 6,000 people in the United States develop GBS whether or not they received a vaccination —1 to 2 people per 100,000.
     Even though GBS following influenza illness is rare, studiesexternal icon suggest that the risk of developing GBS after having influenza is higher than the potential risk of developing GBS after vaccination.

IIV, like other injections, can also cause syncope (fainting).

It's on pretty much every other vaccine health/data sheet.  You should really read the data sheet before you let people inject random *expletive deleted*it into your arms.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2020, 05:43:17 PM »
I can state with absolute certainty you have.

Here are the questions that are on EVERY Flu Vaccine questionnaire in the country, as recommended by CDC:

1. Is the person to be vaccinated sick today?

2. Does the person to be vaccinated have an allergy to a component of the vaccine?

3. Has the person to be vaccinated ever had a serious reaction or adverse event to influenza vaccine in the past?

4. Has the person to be vaccinated ever had Guillain-Barré syndrome?

Regardless of how certain you may think you are, I was there and you were not. I will state with complete certainty that at no time have I EVER been asked all four of those questions, and I'm about 98.73 percent certain that I've never been asked any of them. Definitely not at the VA. They might have asked about reactions to prior flu shots when my late wife and I went to a flu shot clinic at a local community center. I don't think they did, but it's possible. All four of those questions? Definitely not.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »
You are incorrect.

You check a no box for each of those and sign a form prior to getting a flu shot.  At Walgreens,  at CVS, at the VA, at a hospital.  It's a standard vaccine form and the Millcreek's of the nation make sure it's signed.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2020, 06:50:21 PM »
FWIW I vaguely remember being asked if I am fainty. I never read what I sign, so it could be in there every time.

Also a guy I know who worked in the military doing shots all day said fainting was like a daily thing, even the special forces weren't immune.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2020, 07:41:06 PM »
I’ve heard of the possibility of fainting upon injections long before the Kung Flu vaccines.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!