Author Topic: BATF vs Columbus P.D.  (Read 935 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
BATF vs Columbus P.D.
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:33:01 PM »
https://radio.wosu.org/post/body-camera-footage-shows-columbus-police-officers-pointing-guns-tazing-atf-agent#stream/0

The officers were responding to a 911 call and didn't know who the guy was when they arrived on the scene.  The BATF agent was uncooperative, at least at first.

The article is also written in a very slanted fashion.  Author is trying to depict the Columbus P.D.'s actions as negatively as possible.

IMO a big of the problem is that Mr. BATF agent apparently believes he doesn't have to comply with a LEO's orders.

Perhaps if BATF had contacted Columbus P.D. and worked with them cooperatively to retrieve the (allegedly) illegal firearm, there would have been no confrontation.  Perhaps that's expecting too much.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: BATF vs Columbus P.D.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:36:57 PM »
They at least could have posted video of the tasing...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 12:56:10 PM »
I need to send some donuts to Columbus PD.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 03:44:17 PM »
And the Columbus P.D. officers stayed safe and got to go home that night.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 03:46:22 PM »
And the Columbus P.D. officers stayed safe and got to go home that night.
Never a sure thing when you are dealing with the ATF.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 04:00:20 PM »
Well, I suppose they could redefine "home"  to suit their whims, no?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 04:49:15 PM »
Kind of a tough call here.
On one side we have Federal JBTs.
On the other we have local JBTs.
While I want to applaud the locals for jacking up the ATF thug I'm not ready to just blanket accept that the reason was something righteous like defending the ATF goon's victim's constitutionally protected 2nd Amendment rights.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 05:20:32 PM »
Kind of a tough call here.
On one side we have Federal JBTs.
On the other we have local JBTs.
While I want to applaud the locals for jacking up the ATF thug I'm not ready to just blanket accept that the reason was something righteous like defending the ATF goon's victim's constitutionally protected 2nd Amendment rights.

I think the only ethical resolution one can hope for here is for the local cops to open fire on the fed, and vice versa.

Unfortunately, marksmanship standards and target ID skills between either organization is so low that the only guaranteed outcome is the death of at least 8 dogs in the immediate area, and the government employees to wind up unscathed.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 06:19:42 PM »
Any word on the reason for F-troop's presence?  Was this Polymer80 related?  Or a NICS 3-day "hold" that defaulted to go, that needed to be repossessed?  Some other baloney?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 09:19:39 PM »
[popcorn]

Also the same BATF agent:

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/hamilton-county/delhi-township/james-burk-atf-agent-charged-with-stealing-wine-from-kroger

Apparently that happened 5 years ago.  My Google-fu failed to find any outcome of that event.  Surely it didn't just disappear.  [/sarc]
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.