Author Topic: Satire into Reality, A List  (Read 985 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Satire into Reality, A List
« on: December 21, 2020, 08:40:17 PM »
I was just the other day talking here about how I used to think Kurt Schlichter's Kelly Turnbull fictional books were over the top in the SJW stuff they describe, but now see it all coming true.

Twitter satirist Titania McGrath has listed a bunch of stuff she posted as satire that has all become reality.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/21/titania-mcgrath-presents-a-list-of-all-the-times-she-ze-was-ahead-of-the-curve-and-its-stunning/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Satire into Reality, A List
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »
Holy moly, I should start following her for stock tips.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 09:14:17 AM »
Looks like most of her "predictions" were actually her reiterating what others had already said, or just reporting on trends that had started earlier.

It's hard for me to take seriously anyone that purposefully tries to look like Garth from Wayne's World . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 09:20:41 AM »
It's a satire "personality" on twitter, not a real leftist girl wearing "problem solving glasses".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 09:20:59 AM »
Looks like most of her "predictions" were actually her reiterating what others had already said, or just reporting on trends that had started earlier.

It's hard for me to take seriously anyone that purposefully tries to look like Garth from Wayne's World . . . .

Well, like the Babylon Bee, she wasn't predicting anything, but rather posting humorous/implausible scenarios as a joke. She never posts to be taken seriously. The sad commentary on society is that over the top satire is becoming reality.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »
It's almost as if someone is reading her lists and thinking "Hey, that's a good idea"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2020, 09:42:32 AM »
Wow, I hadn't realized her original posts were satire.  Which is a sad commentary on the progressive "movement." 

It might explain the Garth look also . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2020, 03:08:36 PM »
I was just the other day talking here about how I used to think Kurt Schlichter's Kelly Turnbull fictional books were over the top in the SJW stuff they describe, but now see it all coming true.

Twitter satirist Titania McGrath has listed a bunch of stuff she posted as satire that has all become reality.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/21/titania-mcgrath-presents-a-list-of-all-the-times-she-ze-was-ahead-of-the-curve-and-its-stunning/

I just finished reading Kurt Schlichter's series.  It is alarming but also humorous as the SJWs ramp up the nonsense.  I never had any luck finding the Kindle versions through the library, but they aren't expensive to buy.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2020, 11:06:35 PM »
Wow, I hadn't realized her original posts were satire.  Which is a sad commentary on the progressive "movement." 

It might explain the Garth look also . . .

You do “she” is really a dude?  Not like tranny dudes pretending to be chicks, but an actual dude.  Titania is a an alter ego essentially.