Author Topic: Explosion downtown Nashville  (Read 6247 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Explosion downtown Nashville
« on: December 25, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
https://www.cbs17.com/news/reports-explosion-rocks-downtown-nashville/

A powerful explosion rocked downtown Nashville early Christmas morning. Reports say a parked recreational vehicle exploded and caused damage to surrounding buildings.

According to local news WKRN, the explosion occurred at 6:30 am Friday around Second Avenue and Broadway near Commerce Street.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Explosion downtown Nashville
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »
Saw that. When I first saw it they said foul play was not suspected but now they're saying it was intentional and ATF and FBI are being called in.    
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 10:07:30 AM »
News just said their was a call on a suspicious device before the explosion
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 11:10:59 AM »
WKRN: Police were responding to a large number of shots fired at or near the RV's location

Wonder if this was an attempt to lure police to the RV
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 11:21:45 AM »
Huh. Nashville, of all places.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 11:25:51 AM »
Huh. Nashville, of all places.

It will be of interest to me who take credit for this (or is identified as the culprit). Right now I have no idea.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 12:40:49 PM »
WKRN is reporting that some sort of message was being broadcasted from the RV.
News crew is not saying what it was
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 01:33:28 PM »
WKRN is reporting that some sort of message was being broadcasted from the RV.
News crew is not saying what it was

Odds just went up for political violence with the front runners being exemployee. leftists or muslim.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 01:57:19 PM by kgbsquirrel »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 01:38:33 PM »

Odds just went up for political violence with the front runners being leftists or muslim.

Silly squirrel, you know there is no leftist or Muslim violence in this country.  It has to be those white supremacist Republicans.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 01:43:13 PM »

Odds just went up for political violence with the front runners being leftists or muslim.

Message was telling people to stay away.
Terrorists usually go for max civilian body count. The timing and the message of stay away in my mind more than likely rules out the usual  terrorist suspects.

Witnesses told investigators they heard gunshots early in the morning and a message coming from an RV parked in the street warning anyone in the area to evacuate before beginning to count down to an explosion. Police have confirmed that the RV was broadcasting a message. Video posted to YouTube appears to capture the reported warning message seconds before the blast. Warning, some may find the below video disturbing:
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/explosion-reported-downtown-nashville-police-investigating

If they were targeting the building why was the RV parked in the middle of the street? Why the three rounds of gunfire minutes apart an hour before the RV went boom?

- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »
Message was telling people to stay away.
Terrorists usually go for max civilian body count. The timing and the message of stay away in my mind rules out Muslim terrorists
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/explosion-reported-downtown-nashville-police-investigating

If they were targeting the building why was the RV parked in the middle of the street?

I was just coming back to share that.  Message was warning, not manifesto or aloha snackbar. 

Next down the list are disgruntled exemployee or a targeted infrastructure attack.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 01:50:29 PM »
Only two targets that makes sense to me without more info is trying to lure police to the RV and/or targeting the ATT building.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:20:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 01:50:46 PM »
Knowing nothing about explosives, is the amount of damage consistent with the RV full of explosives, or are just the onboard propane tanks enough?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2020, 01:59:55 PM »
Did a google search for "Nashville Bomb" looking for photos of the damage and this popped up from June.
Wonder if the same people trying to cause trouble are involved in this?

Tennessee paper religious ad claims 'Islam' will detonate nuclear bomb in Nashville
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/21/tennessee-newspaper-ad-islam-muslims-nashville
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »
Silly squirrel, you know there is no leftist or Muslim violence in this country.  It has to be those white supremacist Republicans.

It actually might be, for once, right wing violence.  Big might, I still can't picture the goal they would be trying to achieve with such a localized and specific hit on AT&T.  If there's a bunch more as specific it might signal something more organized, but sample size 1 here doesn't help.

Fired/laidoff /H1b'd exemloyee seems likely.  

Way too low/avoiding collateral to really consider false flag shenanigans.

Insurance fraud or some sort of scam requiring the untimely destruction of company assets is plausible.

Evidence destruction is possible.  Exactly what sort of hardware just got crispied?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2020, 03:06:40 PM »
Any radiation involved?  Can't imagine a dirty bomb where there's such an involved warning system.  The later police pullback was what prompted my question.  And "dirty" doesn't necessarily mean "nuclear-dirty."

I suppose even if the van was stolen, there ought to be plenty of serialized fragments (like from the tape recorder involved, e.g.) to start tracking down purchasing history.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2020, 03:54:22 PM »
     it will be called right wing, no doubt.
 att? iirc its a company that has tons of ex cops on the payroll.
 could be rouge ex cops-but i still cannot understand motive except "dry run"

one more nail in the coffin tho, boomers are often moving into RV's and out west - lots of homeless people live in them.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2020, 04:39:56 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
"possible " human remains found
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »
The obvious answer is more gun control.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2020, 09:31:39 PM »
How's did it sit in the middle of the road that many hours?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »
How's did it sit in the middle of the road that many hours?

Looking at that still, I think it was taken when the RV was still driving to its final parking spot.  It looks like there is someone in the driver's seat.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2020, 10:56:06 PM »
A minor sidebar to this, perhaps,  but my I-phone is on AT&T service and I notice it says "no service"  on the screen.  This attack seems to have taken down some but not all of AT&T service in the local region.   My sister also had no service but oddly, my brother in law (also on AT&T)  did have service.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2020, 11:41:37 PM »
We have Consumers Cellular phone service.  It piggy backs on AT&T systems.  My wife's outgoing text messages from Hudson, NC have been delayed all day. I wonder if that is related.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2020, 03:06:30 AM »
Does this data hub carry anything of national interest?