Author Topic: Explosion downtown Nashville  (Read 6250 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Explosion downtown Nashville
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
FBI agent speculating the sound of gun shots were from the RV's loudspeaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXq7aIcgyfk

Got from the video they're just guessing at this point

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
As much as it pains me to say this, it seems the only one who *may* not be speculating at this point is the mayor. Either that or he is as dumb as a sack of hair. I don't know about him so I will not speculate which he is. ;)

Speaking with assembled media later in the morning, Mayor John Cooper said the area was filled with 'a lot of broken glass and insulation that has been blown up into trees'. He added that broken mains were sending water flooding out into the street.

'It looks like a bomb went off,' he stated.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9087735/Nashville-mayor-describes-aftermath-deliberate-Christmas-explosion.html

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2020, 11:24:20 AM »
It went boom
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 11:48:19 AM »
Bet RV prices went up   :lol:
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2020, 11:51:45 AM »
'It looks like a bomb went off,' he stated.

Well, he's not wrong.
 :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2020, 03:59:21 PM »
Does this data hub carry anything of national interest?

Apparently the blast took out the 9-1-1 network for a significant portion of the state.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2020, 09:55:44 PM »
Hearing rumblings that this was an attack on AT&T based web sites/access, which includes some financial and credit card businesses.  No real evidence, from what I can see.  More speculation based on the location of the bombing and who AT&T hosts websites for.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2020, 10:13:53 PM »
The FBI is now searching a house in the suburbs in which an RV was parked. They now think it may have been a suicide bomber and they are not actively pursuing any other suspects.

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-nashville-coronavirus-pandemic-tennessee-dc6eb653053967a4187f0ca8276d20a8

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/26/us/nashville-tn-explosion/index.html

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2020, 10:25:19 PM »
I looked it up on google maps. While I don't have direct knowledge of what's in that building my educated guess based on the size and location is that it is a major/critical Central Office, probably very similar to the location I work at. I've heard reports on facebook from people I know in the area that 911 service has been severely impacted and there are significant cell phone and internet service disruptions.
While "diversity" has always been a big deal in the telecommunications world there will always be a few critical choke points, that location is very likely one of them, stuff has to start somewhere. If the original equipment can't be restored to service in a reasonable amount of time rerouting will be possible but it will take a little bit of time depending on the level of damage if any to the outside plant infrastructure, most of which is below ground.
Again, educated guess but the types of equipment and service run through that location could be everything from POTS to 400Gbps internet backbone fiber services and everything in between supporting 911, cell service FAA stuff and about anything you can name. I haven't seen any pictures of damage to the AT&T building so no guess on how bad they may have been hurt.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2020, 10:39:31 PM »
Someone posted this on social media.  Time will tell if this is fact or fiction.

AT&T got a contract to do forensic audit on Dominion voting machines and those machines were being moved to Nashville this past week.
The former owner of the AT&T building in Nashville, William Kennard, is a board member for Cerberus Capital Management and AT&T.... He also was Bill Clinton’s FCC chair, and Obama’s Ambassador to the EU.
Dominion voting is owned by Cerberus Capital Management.... Cerberus is run by Staple Street Execs. Joe Bidens Brother in Law, Steven Owens, is the cofounder of Staple Street Execs along with William Kennard (mentioned above).
Super Computer in TN was connected to the AT&T internet in NASHVILLE.... yesterday evening the Cumberland river cooling system was compromised due to internet outage and Supercomputer fried.....
If you don’t know, “Kraken” is a reference to a supercomputer former prosecuter, Sidney Powell, has been talking about.
So, the explosion “just happened” to be at the AT&T location where they “just so happen” to control the cooling system for the super computer and house the dominion voting machines and drives for forensic audit...
Does it make sense now why no lives were lost? Does it make sense now why the FBI task lead couldn’t even put together a coherent sentence in the press conference yesterday? Does it make sense why the mayor was making light of the situation, almost laughing yesterday?

What if this is true? 🤔

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2020, 10:48:54 PM »
I'm gonna give that a "possible but not probable" rating.

Cumberland river cooling system was compromised due to internet outage and Supercomputer fried....

That kind of stuff is designed to shut down on uncorrected overtemp before it cooks. While anything is possible that part tickles my
"not too likely" reflex.
A bunch of the rest of it don't pass the smell test either.

Way too many easier and less dramatic ways to disrupt internet service to single locations.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
I've noticed that I am not getting LTE service on my Consumers Cellular phone here in Hickory NC since the explosion in Nashville. CC piggy backs on AT&T infrastructure.
I wonder if there is a connection?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2020, 11:35:36 PM »
Post deleted by poster.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:49:28 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2020, 02:48:05 AM »
The FBI is now searching a house in the suburbs in which an RV was parked. They now think it may have been a suicide bomber and they are not actively pursuing any other suspects.

https://apnews.com/article/us-news-nashville-coronavirus-pandemic-tennessee-dc6eb653053967a4187f0ca8276d20a8

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/26/us/nashville-tn-explosion/index.html

Suicide bomber and minimal collateral infrastructure attack is not a combination I have ever encountered.  Like not ever.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2020, 09:06:30 AM »
We're going to need a bigger tin foil hat  :facepalm:

Nashville "Bombing" - Directed Energy Weapon Caught on Camera BEFORE Explosion! UPDATED: Now "National Defense Airspace"
https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/nashville-bombing-directed-energy-weapon-caught-on-camera-before-explosion?fbclid=IwAR1XHcys6ySthfsHW1_2X4W7XnXMeaCKdHeCFuD3Xvc8DS2uMg7943rQkTI
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2020, 09:16:00 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2020, 09:32:32 AM »
I've noticed that I am not getting LTE service on my Consumers Cellular phone here in Hickory NC since the explosion in Nashville. CC piggy backs on AT&T infrastructure.
I wonder if there is a connection?

Actually,  the problem is more likely a lack of connection.  =D

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/nashville-bomb-explosion.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The FBI would like to speak with a 63 year old man who lives at the address being searched.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:58 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/nashville-bomb-explosion.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

The FBI would like to speak with a 63 year old man who lives at the address being searched.

Watched a news report on this and they showed a photo of an RV that had been parked at the house for years according to the neighbors but isn't there anymore. Looked very much like the same RV. Haven't heard one way or another if he's still around
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2020, 10:05:01 AM »
This actually seems like a possible tinfoil scenario - especially after he gave his house away:

https://nypost.com/2020/12/27/fbi-probing-if-nashville-bomber-was-paranoid-about-5g-technology/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »
Great, 5G tinfoil hatters

Article says they haven't found him so the possible human remains they found could be whats left of him.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2020, 10:33:17 AM »
To recap:

The suspect is a 63 year old male. Works in IT. Enjoys camping. Owns a RV. Concerned about government spying.  Worried about advanced cell phone technology.  Bomb goes off outside of a cell phone technology center.

I wonder what will come out regarding his ethnicity and political beliefs.