Author Topic: Explosion downtown Nashville  (Read 6249 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Explosion downtown Nashville
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »

I wonder what will come out regarding his ethnicity and political beliefs.

Seeing some photos posted on line but can't tell if they're really him or not. Heck the current suspect could be sitting in his RV at a campsite somewhere as we speak.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2020, 11:07:21 AM »
Note the underlined

David Begnaud
@DavidBegnaud
BREAKING: @jeffpeguescbs
 reports for CBS News:  Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, is the person of interest in the Nashville Christmas Day explosion. At least 2 tips were called in to @FBI
 about Warner, prior to the explosion
. Quinn is a Nashville area resident
https://twitter.com/davidbegnaud/status/1342904974213345282
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2020, 11:11:04 AM »
Came from the internet so you know what that means. It must be true!

Looks as if Anthony Quinn Warner was registered in Tennessee to handle explosives.
https://twitter.com/sparrowmedia/status/1342930054049910784/photo/1
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2020, 11:29:33 AM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9088979/FBI-investigates-Nashville-bomber-tried-target-cops-blast.html

Mr. Warner is a white male, and shortly before the event in Nashville, signed over two homes to a 29 year old single mother in Los Angeles, Lisa Swing, who denies any knowledge of the transaction or any relationship to Mr. Warner.  Some reports say Ms. Swing signed the deed and others do not and she denies signing anything.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2020, 12:14:25 PM »
Actually,  the problem is more likely a lack of connection.  =D

Probably not.  We routinely get LTE phone service here.  Their antennas are close to the house.  Right now we have a strong signal but at the lowest data rate service.
I'll have to check, but as far as I know, the Nashville center is the closest major AT&T facility.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9088979/FBI-investigates-Nashville-bomber-tried-target-cops-blast.html

Mr. Warner is a white male, and shortly before the event in Nashville, signed over two homes to a 29 year old single mother in Los Angeles, Lisa Swing, who denies any knowledge of the transaction or any relationship to Mr. Warner.  Some reports say Ms. Swing signed the deed and others do not and she denies signing anything.

Hmmmm.... A man commits a terrorist act and gets killed in the process.  He has strange links to a woman across the country about which little is known.
Where have we heard a similar story before?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »
Hmmmm.... A man commits a terrorist act and gets killed in the process.  He has strange links to a woman across the country about which little is known.
Where have we heard a similar story before?

*Cough* Vegas *Cough*

But all it really proves is that if something bad happens there's a woman involved in there somewhere. :P
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2020, 12:37:39 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2020, 01:05:36 PM »
*Cough* Vegas *Cough*

Except of course, for the major difference that the LV shooter was trying to kill as many innocent people as he could, and this guy was going out of his way to prevent loss of life (at least from what I have seen reported so far).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2020, 01:10:24 PM »
Richard Jewell comes to mind.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Except of course, for the major difference that the LV shooter was trying to kill as many innocent people as he could, and this guy was going out of his way to prevent loss of life (at least from what I have seen reported so far).

You're right but maybe I wasn't clear in that I was referring to the mystery woman bit when I typed that
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2020, 01:35:07 PM »
You're right but maybe I wasn't clear in that I was referring to the mystery woman bit when I typed that

Ah, gotchya.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2020, 01:38:33 PM »
There is some similarity to the Vegas shooter, certainly.  Are the two events linked?  Probably not.  It was just a case of some things lining up between the two events that I found interesting.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2020, 02:53:20 PM »
Unconfirmed I should say

Nashville bombing: Anthony Quinn Warner was reported to police for ‘making bombs in RV parked at his home’ in 2019
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2036056/nashville-bomb-anthony-quinn-warner-police-warned-rv/
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 03:24:02 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2020, 03:07:32 PM »
I shyte you not, this Mayor of Nashville is right on top of things. First he said it looked like a bomb went off and now this stunning bit of news!

The person who set off a bomb in a recreational vehicle in downtown Nashville Christmas morning was likely motivated by a desire to damage a nearby AT&T switching station, the mayor of Tennessee’s biggest city said Sunday.

This guy should become a telephone psychic once his gig at Mayor run out. He definitely has the knack.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/nashville-bombing-may-have-been-intended-to-damage-atandt-building-mayor-says/ar-BB1cgIkZ?li=BBnb7Kz

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2020, 03:37:56 PM »
Box truck stopped in TN was reportedly playing audio similar to the Nashville RV. Police have roads blocked and have a bomb robot checking it out. Probably some guy who thought that would be funny.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2020, 04:01:03 PM »
The RV also blasted a song before it detonated, which was identified by law enforcement as "Downtown" by Petula Clark.

Okay, then.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2020, 04:17:55 PM »
Some are saying the 5g stuff is bogus
The lyrics and the fact that if he had a beef with ATT and/or 5G I would think he would have left some sort of message to that effect makes me believe we're dealing with a very depressed person here who just wanted to go out big. Everyone knows his name now.

[Verse 1]
When you're alone and life is making you lonely
You can always go downtown
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know, downtown

[Pre-Chorus]
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose?
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

[Chorus]
So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
No finer place for sure, downtown
Everything's waiting for you

[Verse 2]
Don't hang around and let your problems surround you
There are movie shows downtown
Maybe you know some little places to go to
Where they never close downtown

[Pre-Chorus]
Just listen to the rhythm of a gentle bossa nova
You'll be dancing with 'em too before the night is over
Happy again
The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares

[Chorus]
So go downtown
Where all the lights are bright, downtown
Waiting for you tonight, downtown
You're gonna be alright now, downtown

[Instrumental Break w/ Backing Vocals]
Downtown
Downtown

[Pre-Chorus]
And you may find somebody kind to help and understand you
Someone who is just like you and needs a gentle hand to
Guide them along
So maybe I'll see you there
We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares

[Chorus]
So go downtown
Things will be great when you're downtown
Don't wait a minute more, downtown
Everything is waiting for you, downtown

[Outro]
Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)
Downtown (downtown)
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »
Box truck full of junk
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »
Unconfirmed I should say

Nashville bombing: Anthony Quinn Warner was reported to police for ‘making bombs in RV parked at his home’ in 2019
https://www.the-sun.com/news/2036056/nashville-bomb-anthony-quinn-warner-police-warned-rv/

Now believe this story to be bull unless I see it from another source.
At the time I didn't make the mental connection between the tabloid and the website.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:32:45 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2020, 07:50:16 PM »
All we really know is that something that appears to be an explosion happened at the location.

I'm assuming that can be confirmed by multiple eyewitnesses.

All the rest of the "information" is coming from less than reputable sources like the FBI etc.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2020, 07:53:05 PM »
This just in: DNA testing confirms the suspect died in the exp!osion.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »
Wrapped that up good and quick, man they're good. Move along now... :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2020, 08:15:51 PM »
This just in: DNA testing confirms the suspect died in the exp!osion.

Really?  A DNA match in roughly 36 hours from the explosion?  That seems a little quick.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?