Author Topic: The Only Baker in Colorado  (Read 1215 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Only Baker in Colorado
« on: October 06, 2022, 01:20:42 PM »
The only baker in the entire state of Colorado is being harassed again. This time for not baking a "gender transition birthday cake".

There have to be some hot shot lawyers around that can pro bono or for a cut of the action help this poor guy sue the entire left for like a trillion gazillion dollars. This guy has been harassed for what, ten years now?

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/10/06/the-only-baker-in-all-of-colorado-apparently-hasnt-been-sufficiently-punished-for-refusing-to-make-gender-transition-birthday-cake/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: The Only Baker in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 04:12:13 PM »
I heard he didn't go see the new gay movie. Somebody get a rope.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 04:44:48 PM »
I heard he didn't go see the new gay movie. Somebody get a rope.

Or ever had sex with a Trans or contracted monkey pox. I know, I'm in shock too at this level of bigotry
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 05:04:53 PM »
At first blush this seems like continued, unwanted solicitation for things which make the baker uncomfortable. It all feels so icky. With the threat of a lawsuit, memories of public humiliation, and monetary loss, it's almost coercive. The baker has repeatedly said the sexual undertones of these requests demands make them uncomfortable. Still they continue. 
Is it (gasp) sexual harassment?!?!
7-11 was a part time job.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 07:05:55 PM »
At first blush this seems like continued, unwanted solicitation for things which make the baker uncomfortable. It all feels so icky. With the threat of a lawsuit, memories of public humiliation, and monetary loss, it's almost coercive. The baker has repeatedly said the sexual undertones of these requests demands make them uncomfortable. Still they continue. 
Is it (gasp) sexual harassment?!?!

Only straight white Christian persons born with penis can sexually harass someone.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 07:13:18 PM »
It somehow reminds me of schoolboy bullying.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »
It somehow reminds me of schoolboy bullying.

I was thinking more along the lines of pre-school sandbox
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 08:03:14 PM »

I'm honestly surprised the baker hasn't gone Killdozer yet.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 08:15:15 PM »

I should offer my services…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 08:30:19 PM »
If this baker only had a loving teacher in the first grade to teach him the joys of alternative sexual lifestyles and teach him how to question his own sex this manifestation of bigotry could have been averted.

The solution is obviously tranny pole dancers in every grade school during recess.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 09:35:04 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 10:09:21 PM »
I am a bit surprised the guy is still in Colorado as the courts there haven't helped him at all. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:55 PM »

Destroy everything a person has worked to build, take away everything a person has to live for and you've created a very dangerous person.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 10:33:42 PM »
Destroy everything a person has worked to build, take away everything a person has to live for and you've created a very dangerous person.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 02:20:57 AM »
Or ever had sex with a Trans or contracted monkey pox. I know, I'm in shock too at this level of bigotry

https://babylonbee.com/news/are-a-you-homophobic-bigot-7-troubling-signs
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 06:50:28 AM »
I was thinking more along the lines of pre-school sandbox

You got me on that one. Kudos.

For monkeys (and several other species) it would be xenophobic attacks, which more often than not lead to the death of the victim or the lone wolf shunning for wolf packs.

Actually, there are a bunch of things for which I'd like to sue Lefties as a group.  For a billion gazillion dollars in today's money, not next week's money.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 09:12:24 PM »
Now this whackadoodle NY AG is telling Colorado what to do. She wants them to go after the only bakery in Colorado. Really, Colorado - open a second bakery for crying out loud.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/29/letitia-james-inserts-herself-into-masterpiece-cake-shop-case-n2393478
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 07:38:35 AM »
Members only story.

Sorry, Twitchy, not interested in becoming a member.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 07:43:25 AM »
I'm not a member either. I just hit refresh/stop to see the stories. Here's the gist:

New York Attorney General Letitia James keeps busy. When she's not tweeting Donald Trump's fine and interest, she's interfering with other states.

If you think the lawfare against Trump is bad, though, Masterpiece Cakeshop owner Jack Phillips can't go a day without being sued. If you remember, he was the Colorado baker who was sued because he wouldn't make a cake for a same-sex wedding as it clashed with his Christian beliefs. The Supreme Court finally ruled in his favor: he'd happily sell a cake to the lesbian couple, but he couldn't be compelled to make one from scratch. That didn't stop the lawsuits, though. Every LGBTQ person in Colorado has harassed him.

He’s been in and out of court several times — he’s a target now — having been dragged back to court in 2018 after the Colorado Civil Rights Commission again filed suit against him for turning down a customer who wanted a gender transition celebration cake. The last we heard, a Colorado court ruled that  Phillips has to create cakes celebrating sex reassignment.

I've been following this charade since 2012. Now it's 2024 and I'm writing about Philips again. James, who's suing the world's largest beef producer "for misleading the public about its environmental impact," has inserted herself into the latest Masterpiece Cakeshop case.

Masterpiece Cakeshop, a Colorado bakery, refused to make a customer a cake when they found out it was to celebrate her transition.

This bakery has discriminated against LGBTQ+ people before, and I'm urging the Colorado Supreme Court to stop this transphobic discrimination.

— NY AG James (@NewYorkStateAG) February 29, 2024

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2024, 08:47:40 AM »
There is only one bakery in the entire state?  How is that possible?  I live in a small town (in another state) and we have a bakery.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2024, 08:56:11 AM »
There is only one bakery in the entire state?  How is that possible?  I live in a small town (in another state) and we have a bakery.
Is joke.

They get sued constantly for failing to do special projects for gay and trans activists as though gay and trans people have only one possible bakery they can go to.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2024, 09:00:00 AM »
Go to a bakery owned by a flaming liberal and ask them to bake a Trump 2024 cake
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 09:05:27 AM »
Go to a bakery owned by a flaming liberal and ask them to bake a Trump 2024 cake
If there was a black baker in Colorado, I wonder how they'd feel if a bunch of nazis showed up demanding a birthday cake decorated with swastikas to celebrate Hitler's birthday - or if some klansmen wanted a cake decorated with a cross-burning motif.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2024, 06:00:25 PM »

:rofl: Snorted snot over that one.  Thanks for the laugh.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 04:19:26 PM »
Bake Serve the cake beer

A Milwaukee bar is closing during the Republican National Convention so it doesn't have to serve Trumpers, potentially forgoing a lot of money.

"I’m not trying to get involved with or actively take money or rent the space out to that tomfoolery."

Story: https://t.co/3GxwiH8pjD pic.twitter.com/9BlvurUZjZ
    — Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) March 16, 2024
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/17/rolling-stone-milwaukee-bar-rnc-n2394052

Where's the media outcry? The Protests? The lawsuits?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 10:46:55 PM »
Bake Serve the cake beer
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/17/rolling-stone-milwaukee-bar-rnc-n2394052

Where's the media outcry? The Protests? The lawsuits?

If they want to cut off their noses to spite their faces, fine.  More revenue for the bars not run by snowflakes.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama