Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120144 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #2875 on: April 23, 2024, 02:31:18 PM »
^^^^

The Dissident Post is Satire, just to be 100% clear.  It's getting harder to tell.

Got me!  :facepalm:
Followed a link and didn't check out the rest of the site which I try to remember to do just in case but didn't.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2876 on: April 24, 2024, 11:12:04 AM »
Rent to sex offenders and criminals on parole. What could go wrong?
160 calls and 4 dead bodies in 4 years is what

The house where the body of a 12-year-old boy was found has a chilling past.

Jaylen Griffin's body was discovered last Monday in the attic of 107 Sheffield Avenue in South Buffalo, New York when police discovered his badly-decomposed body in an attic, just months after his own mother's death.

But this house of horrors has a dark history. Griffin was the fourth body found on the property over the last four years, according to WIVB. 

The litany of eerie discoveries comes as it was revealed the address has a long history of troubled residents - including sex offenders and criminals out on parole.

Officials told WIVB that while the multi-room home is not an official halfway house, it has housed people recently out of prison. Jail records show that a sex offender lived in the property until last month.

'Boy in the attic' Jaylen Griffin was the FOURTH dead body found in Buffalo house of horrors in past four years - as 911 logs show cops received 160 complaints to address where sex offenders and criminals on parole lived
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13345151/jaylen-griffin-buffalo-house-horrors-missing-new-york.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2877 on: April 24, 2024, 08:53:13 PM »
    NEW: UCLA medical school's mandatory health equity class teaches students that weight loss is a "hopeless endeavor" and that "ob*sity" is a slur "used to exact violence on fat people."

The full syllabus has shocked prominent doctors—the former dean of Harvard Medical School.🧵
    — Aaron Sibarium (@aaronsibarium) April 24, 2024

And of course race has to be dragged into this

Mercedes claims that "ob*sity" is a slur "used to exact violence on fat people"—particularly "Black, disabled, trans, poor fat people"—and offers a "fat ode to care" that students are instructed to analyze, taking note of which sections "most resonate with you."
    — Aaron Sibarium (@aaronsibarium) April 24, 2024

DEADLY DEI: UCLA Med School Docs Say 'Obesity' Is a Slur, Weight Loss a 'Hopeless Endeavor'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/24/ucla-says-obesity-is-a-violent-slur-n2395476

WTF? Seriously WTF?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2878 on: April 24, 2024, 08:55:02 PM »
You know.........I kinda hope people that buy that get fat and die.  Sorry,  Not Sorry.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2879 on: April 24, 2024, 08:56:40 PM »
Would like to know how much she is getting paid to come up with that steaming pile of ....
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2880 on: April 24, 2024, 11:41:39 PM »
Would like to know how much she is getting paid to come up with that steaming pile of ....

... and paid by whom???  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2881 on: April 25, 2024, 07:36:13 AM »
And of course race has to be dragged into this

DEADLY DEI: UCLA Med School Docs Say 'Obesity' Is a Slur, Weight Loss a 'Hopeless Endeavor'
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/24/ucla-says-obesity-is-a-violent-slur-n2395476

WTF? Seriously WTF?

Let me guess... promoted by a 300 pound black woman with hoop earrings and a really confrontational attitude about everything.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2882 on: April 25, 2024, 07:53:57 AM »

Let me guess... promoted by a 300 pound black woman with hoop earrings and a really confrontational attitude about everything.

300, maybe 400 depending on her height

About Mikey (She/They)
https://www.marquiselemercedes.com/about

A whole lot of they there
As far race goes I'm getting serious Rachel Dolezal vibes

I am passionate about using public-facing scholarship in various mediums to make science and research more accessible to those outside of academic institutions, as well as reshape health-related and interventions at multiple levels to make the world safer for fat people of color. I write frequently about fat politics and race/ism in the sciences and culture, often with a particular emphasis on the public health space. My 2020 article “The Unbearable Whiteness and Fatphobia of “Anti-Diet” Dietitians”...............

Yeah....
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2883 on: April 25, 2024, 07:56:04 AM »
I struggle with weight. I always have and I always will.

Yes, weight is looked down on in our society. Yes, people are discriminated against because they are overweight.

But her attitude towards it is dangerous as hell.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2884 on: April 25, 2024, 07:57:35 AM »

Yes, weight is looked down on in our society. Yes, people are discriminated against because they are overweight.

Same here
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #2885 on: April 25, 2024, 09:12:38 AM »
I am passionate about using public-facing scholarship in various mediums to make science and research more accessible to those outside of academic institutions

How do you use a scholarship to let people outside academic institutions access something?  Is this one of those insidious shifts of language like when they pushed equality over to equity?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2886 on: April 25, 2024, 01:27:05 PM »

And it should be looked down upon (as an overweight person myself).  It is bad for health in general.  Society should do things to discourage it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2887 on: April 25, 2024, 04:51:43 PM »
On the dangers of AI:

https://twitchy.com/justmindy/2024/04/25/twist-principal-framed-by-athletic-director-ai-recording-baltimore-n2395523

They needed forensic analysis by both the FBI and UC Berkeley to come to the conclusion that the recording was AI generated. This guy got lucky that LE dug this deep. Most of us wouldn't be so lucky, and it is becoming easier and easier to destroy someone's life with the click of a mouse.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."